For Christ sake Simon get your hand in your pocket and appoint Dowie. He is the one we all want and he wants the job. Unless you are waiting for a summer wow appointment such as Scholes then appoint the man. If we go down then fingers will point at you for leaving us leaderless for a third of a season.

Appoint the GURU before it's too late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Pure Elvis 1977

In the interview at the end of last week SC made one point that I thought was very relevant, the point about the next manager having to take on TP and his ideas regarding the youth development. Is it this that is proving to be a hurdle for the apointment of Dowie and not the cash?

Can we stop thinking of Dowie as this oracle, please.

If we got him I'd be fine with that but there are better managers out there.

I wouldn't offer him ridiculous wages to come here whatsoever because he's simply not worth that.

Why are some fans acting as if Dowie will come in and do an amazing job, it's not like he's the best manager in the world and if he is asking for too much money and that's what the stumbling block is then then just appoint somebody else!

He didnt give us success when Moores money (feel sick) gave us a squad with some real quality in it...............Not for me sorry, had his time and F**ked it up. Never mind all the shenanigans after he left.............

If dowie was to come I'd be fine with it, but I wouldn't be breaking the bank for any manager.

There's a risk involved with whoever we appoint, so throwing shed loads of cash at anyone is folly in my book.

Agreed. Only manager worth attempting to break the bank for would be Adkins, but doubt we have any chance of getting him here.

In the interview at the end of last week SC made one point that I thought was very relevant, the point about the next manager having to take on TP and his ideas regarding the youth development. Is it this that is proving to be a hurdle for the apointment of Dowie and not the cash?

The cash is the only reason that Dowie won't be coming back

get the feeling that Corney will wait until the end of the season. But he should confirm that TP gets the job for the end of the season, and only if he wants it.

Personally think he should appoint someone soon so they can see the squad and get to know the club before pre-season, but there aren't many names out there and it might be an idea to wait and see who becomes available in the summer.

Dowie is no god, decent enough manager back in the day but let's not forget he's been out of the game for a few years now and I personally think his brother bob and john harbin were the brains of the operation.

I'm by no means Dowie's biggest fan, though I do think he's one of the best options open to us at this point. But to imply that his brother (who wasn't even employed by the club) and Harbin (who was a top notch fitness coach and nothing more) should take all the credit for his achievements is ridiculous, quite aside from the fact that their involvement was down to Dowie in the first place.

Dowie is no god, decent enough manager back in the day but let's not forget he's been out of the game for a few years now and I personally think his brother bob and john harbin were the brains of the operation.

I thought Bob Dowie was more of a scout. Wasn't one size down to him?