BBC sport predictor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great fun! A much better test is your gut reaction. I was asked last night out of the blue after a few pints if we would stay up.

My answer was "No". My excuse is that I very despondent after our return to Dickov tactics and league form on Saturday. I'll be going to Leyton Orient because we might just be able to stay up if we win that one - could be a very long way home!

Orient away in the sunshine is a must. Thought it'd be a meaningless fixture all season, don't really want to be relying on getting a result last day but it would certainly make for an interesting day out

I have sheff united 1st

Swindon 2nd

Donny3rd

Bouremouth 4th

Brentford 5th

Yoevil 6th

Cov 7th

Bin dippers 8th (miss out by 1 point)

16th preston

17th oldham (5 points clear from the drop)

18th shrews

19th carlisle

20th col u (46 points is just enough to keep them up)

21st scunny

22nd bury

23rd hartlepool

24th pompey

• 2 weeks later...

Bury, Hartlepool and Pompey are likely to need 5 or 6 wins to stay up, which is highly unlikely from 7 or 8 games so my guess is that 3 spaces are likely to be filled.

Looking at our fixtures I see us having 5 good chances to pick up our required wins to stay up, against Shrews, Col U, Carlisle, Bury and Crawley. Usually I'd say we'd need 4 wins to keep us up but Scunthorpe's run in is a nightmare, with Bury away looking like the only game that you could realistically call them favourites in.

It shows how big tonight's win was because after tonight's result it really looks possible for us to beat the teams around us. Win on Saturday and bottom four will have a lot of catching up to do.

Tranmere L

Hartlepool W

Bournemouth L

Shrews W

Swindon L

Col U W

Carlisle W

PNE L

Bury D

Yeovil D

Crawley W

Orient L

Tried to be as conservative as possible yet still sees us pick up 17 points and we finish 19th with 53 points a massive plus us that all our rivals will have 3 games to play we'll have 5 left

Shrews

Bury

Poolies

Pompey

Go down, sheff utd and Donny up, Brentford Bournemouth Yeovil and Swindon play offs with the Bin Dippers 7th

3 for 3 so far, hope i'm right about Saturday!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't normally bother with this type of stuff, but just done it as honest as I could and didn't look at the table until I had input results to the end of the season.

Had us relegated 2 points behind Scunny.

We needed more than a point at home to Carlisle and Colchester but I guess we already knew that.

Hope I'm wrong but unless we pick up 3 or 4 points from the next 2 matches I think we are :censored:ed.

We need 2 wins to be safe as we would then be 6pts above and a huge goal difference making it effectivley 7pts scunny would need from their last 4 and thats taking we dont get any draws

Now the problem..........where the bloody hell we are going to get them from! We must get at least 3pts this week off of Preston and Bury

We need 2 wins to be safe as we would then be 6pts above and a huge goal difference making it effectivley 7pts scunny would need from their last 4 and thats taking we dont get any draws

Now the problem..........where the bloody hell we are going to get them from! We must get at least 3pts this week off of Preston and Bury

I'd say 4 points this week. A massive challenge for lj after his 1st loss this week.

I'd happily take a point tomorrow.

If we got it we would have :

5 games to go (including 1 in hand)

1 point better off than scunny

A miles better goal difference

If we go down from that it would be our own fault.

Edited by pukka

Puts pedantic hat on:

We have 6 games left, if people agree with me that we only need 6 points to stay up, we don't need to win any games, 6 draws will be enough. If we loose then at the moment we will need 1 win. I'd obviously like us to win as many games as we can, but to say we need 6 points so need to win 1 or 2 games at the moment is not quite accurate.

Takes pedantic hat off

Realistically at least 1 win will be required as I can't see us going undefeated in our remaining games

Realistically what is winable

Crawley at home

Yeovil at home (very tough)

Bury away

Shrews away (they are very good at home)

Preston & Orient we are capabale of getting draws at

Im not saying its nailed on by that is about as good a run in as you could hand pick

If we cant pick up 6 points from them 6 games we dont deserve to be in this league its as cut and dry as that

I think 5 pts will be enough but I want 6 and to be safe hopefully before a ball is even kicked at Orient, we sure as hell dont want favours last day of the season

I'm predicting

PNE - 0 POINTS

BURY - 1 POINT

CRAWLEY - 3 POINTS

SHREWS - 1 POINT

ORIENT - 1 POINT

We stay up

I take it were not getting anyhting from the Yeovil home game. :grin: Probalby right. :cry: I wouldn't want to need a point away at Orient on the last day!!!!!!!!