Other clubs you have a soft spot for ?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Dale lived there for first twenty years of my life. Always got free tickets at school and uncles are big Dale fans.

Celtic. Family connection north of the border. Loads of my family are season ticket holders so its been drilled into me since a young age. Go up a few times a season.

Albion Rovers. Local team where my family in Scotland are from. They are awful but always look to see how they get on.

Glossop North End, moved to Glossop 20 odd years ago and tbh have visited Surrey St. increasingly over the years, Wembley trip in 2009 (FA Vase Final) was a great day out regardless of defeat....

Went to that final too, a great day.

Glossop North End, moved to Glossop 20 odd years ago and tbh have visited Surrey St. increasingly over the years, Wembley trip in 2009 (FA Vase Final) was a great day out regardless of defeat....

A group of us from school used to watch Glossop NE in the early 90's, those were the days with Tricky Trevor Smallwood and Stevie Morgan. Never got to the Wembley game as I was working away

A group of us from school used to watch Glossop NE in the early 90's, those were the days with Tricky Trevor Smallwood and Stevie Morgan. Never got to the Wembley game as I was working away

Tricky Trev is still regular at GNE as his son (Ash) is now in the 1st team, saw Stevie Morgan fairly recently in a benefit match against a man city X1....2 great players at this level.

The 4 North East teams due to going to uni up there.

Blackburn- a very good friend of my Mum's is a ST holder there and I've occasionally gone when he has a spare ticket.

I did have a soft spot for City too, my brother "supports" them as did the woman, and her family, that used to look after me after school and during the holidays. Now they've got money I prefer them to United but quite like it when they have poor results.

When I was about 10 years old I lived on an RAF base in Norfolk. All me & my mates did from morning to night was play football. They all had their favourite teams except me so one Sunday I got the league tables out of the paper, closed my eyes and stuck a pin in.

Wolves were now my team and I followed them avidly, even going to the league cup semi in 74 at molineux against Norwich to see them win a place in the final. I remember optimistically putting a £1 postal order in the post to Wolves asking for a Wembley ticket but never got a reply.

Used to hitch-hike the 30 odd miles to Carrow Rd a lot to watch Norwich as well so they were my second team but in 1974 dad left the RAF and family moved to Saddleworth. One Saturday I got on the 184 to town and it was full top & bottom with Latics fans. Decided to tag along and the rest is history

Still look out for Wolves and Norwich though.

No interest in any other club , this includes not joining in with the obsession with disliking Man U.

I admire many aspects of what they have achieved and how they play football. The centre of football is the north west of England and I am grateful to them for dragging the epicentre to this side of the East Lancs Road. However in my eyes the lowest of the low is a manure supporter from Oldham.

I admire many aspects of what they have achieved and how they play football. The centre of football is the north west of England and I am grateful to them for dragging the epicentre to this side of the East Lancs Road. However in my eyes the lowest of the low is a manure supporter from Oldham.

Completely agree with the last line of this post. I work with one. Complete traitor.

Northwich Vics- hometown team, now playing thewir home games 28 miles away from Northwich, strange goings on after the cup run a few years ago- no money to pay Thor Chemicals the rent for the ground so Thor pulled the plug, Utd ressies also have a sign up I noticed after the pre season game there a couple of years ago...like I say- strange goings on.

Hearts of Midlothian- after becoming pally with a lad from Gorgie whilst doing basic training back in 89.

Linfield- after sharing a room for a few years with a lad from Sandy Row whilst stationed in Paderborn, Germany.

Paderborn United- see above.

Certainly makes for interesting odds if I fancy a flutter!

Chonburi - My local club. I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games as well. I also run an independent Chonburi FC website.

Burton Albion - Moved to the Burton area in 1975. My mum and dad still live there. Although it would be unbearable if they were playing at a higher level than us next season!

Kendal Town (formerly Netherfield) - Lived in Kendal during the late 80's and early 90s. A really friendly non league club.

Carlisle Utd - A lot of my mates from Kendal are Carlisle fans and I'd go and watch them occasionally.

Don't really have a like of another English club. Disappointed in the amount odd people with a soft spot for Citeh though. Fortunately no family members are of that persuasion so I've dodged a bullet.

Don't mind Celtic (European undedogs), Bilbao (like many others on here). Went to watch them when working in South France and they chanted Atttttllllllleeeeeeeeeeetic at corners so I don't mind them and I've had look out for Eintracht.

Just a case of disliking some clubs less than others for me but reckon I've a strong dislike of 75%. Pretty irrational but I've my reasons for each.

Don't really have a like of another English club. Disappointed in the amount of people with a soft spot for Citeh though. Fortunately no family members are of that persuasion so I've dodged a bullet.

Don't mind Celtic (European undedogs), Bilbao (like many others on here). Went to watch them when working in South France and they chanted Atttttllllllleeeeeeeeeeetic at corners so I don't mind them and I've always had look out for Eintracht.

Just a case of disliking some clubs less than others for me but reckon I've a strong dislike of 75%. Pretty irrational but I've my reasons for each.

However in my eyes the lowest of the low is a manure supporter from Oldham.

As much as I dislike the fact that so many residents are Man U fans, I do think it is a pretty core area for Man U fans to come from. I have greater issue with Oldham based Liverpool fans.

As much as I dislike the fact that so many residents are Man U fans, I do think it is a pretty core area for Man U fans to come from. I have greater issue with Oldham based Liverpool fans.

Mileage wise it's within 10 so you'd probably be regarded as a local fan, just morally wrong.

I think some of the soft spots for City date back to when they wren't the arrogant so and so club they are now.

We've had lots of players from them and good relations in the past.

Bert Lister, Ken Branagan, Paul Futcher, Kenny Clements, all outstanding acquisitions. Earl Barrett, even Redmond & Pointon.

Jimmy Frizz and Joe became their manager. We got Les McDowell as ours.