At the moment, its Shrewsbury - 40, Colchester - 39, Scunthorpe - 38, Oldham - 36.

The run in is...

SHREWSBURY

MK - H

Crewe - A

Oldham - H

Carlisle - A

Crawley -H

Yeovil - A

Bournemouth - H

Colchester - A

Pompey - H

COLCHESTER

Coventry - A

Bury - A

MK - H

Bournemouth - H

Oldham - A

Orient - H

Notts - A

Shrewsbury - H

Carlisle - A

SCUNTHORPE

Bury - A

Notts - A

Donny - H

Orient - H

Bournemouth - A

PNE - A

Walsall - H

MK - A

Swindon - H

LATICS

Hartlepool - H

Bournemouth - H

Shrews - A

Swindon - A

Colchester - H

Carlisle - H

PNE - A

Bury - A

Yeovil - H

Crawley - H

Orient - A

No-one's got it especially easy or hard, so the games against eachother will be crucial. If we can get at wins/draws against Hartlepool, Bury, Shrews and Colchester i think we can stay up. Shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom though, and we need a new manager in because we just can't go down!

Home to Hartlepool on Tuesday has become massive. Granted our last 2 games have been against teams chasing automatic but 2 defeats and no goals has lost any positive momentum that we had going for us. They've been on a good run of late so it won't be easy but the players need to show their quality and assert their dominance on the game as quickly as possible.

I usually place a lot of importance on managers and give players the benefit of the doubt, but regardless who is in charge from now on the players are the one's who have to take responsibility because they have more than enough ability to survive regardless of tactics.

Just seen that all 3 teams above us and the 2 below us are all away for the next 2 games an we've got 2 at home against a team below us and one that's on a bad run of form. The next 7 days give us a chance to make it easier for ourselves. Will we take it? Seeing as it's Latics I can't say I'm confident.

All down to the attitiudes of the players from now on .....and on the last 3 games it is not looking too clever.

One goal in 3 games , and that scored against Pompey who played the second half with 10 players.

Lots of players may be out of the door in the next few months, and the club's future is in their hands .

The difference in the performance in cup matches and league games is utterly baffling.

While I didn't expect much from the last two games anything but a win against Hartlepool and it will be seriously worrying. Just hope the players are up for the fight and don't expect a victory!

My main worry this year compared to any other season where we have nearly gone down is that I look at our run in and there is no games that stand out as 100% winnable.

Has TP's Bubble already burst? i didnt go today, but from what ive heard we were appauling, and everyone seems certain we are going down. (not a dig at TP, a serious question) is TP the man to take us to the end of the season?

The players need a good quality permanent manager.

We weren't appalling but we didn't have that spirit and fight and nous.

I don't think he's the man to take us to the end of the season; he has told us several times he isn't. They respect him but they don't fear him. This group of players need this kick up the arse. TP doesn't have the personality to do that.

The thing is, we can't blame TP because he has said all along that he doesn't want the job. He's just doing it until SC sorts out a manager. Problem is, it is beginning to look like SC has no serious intention of spending any money on a manager for a while yet.

Big gamble!

The thing is, we can't blame TP because he has said all along that he doesn't want the job. He's just doing it until SC sorts out a manager. Problem is, it is beginning to look like SC has no serious intention of spending any money on a manager for a while yet.

Big gamble!

This is not meant as a dig but isn't this "he's said all along he doesn't want it" thing a myth? After the first Everton game Collymore asked him if he'd take the job if it were offered and his response was that he'd have to think long and hard. He could have said no but he didn't.

This is not meant as a dig but isn't this "he's said all along he doesn't want it" thing a myth? After the first Everton game Collymore asked him if he'd take the job if it were offered and his response was that he'd have to think long and hard. He could have said no but he didn't.

He said it, admittedly some time ago now, to me directly and explicitly on two occasions.

From the list of fixtures I'd say that Shrewsbury have got the best chance of surviving, with us 2nd, Colchester 3rd and Scunthorpe being the most likely to go down.

Obviously Shrewsbury have the points advantage but they aren't playing many teams around the top and they have some away games which they could pick up points from (Crewe, Carlisle and Colchester stand out). Colchester are playing a lot of teams in the upper half of mid table which are difficult games to judge as some teams might be better but will have nothing to play for. Aside from Bury away I can see Scunthorpe struggling to pick up many points with their run in. Especially at home where they've got some tricky games.

As for us I think we should be aiming to get to 50 points with 3 games to spare, which would probably see us safe. The 5 games to target wins from are Hartlepool, Shrewsbury, Colchester, Carlisle and Bury with the games against Bournemouth, Swindon and Preston being bonus games. Yeovil, Crawley and Orient to finish off could go either way so I hope we aren't relying on them.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

We've got 7 bottom half teams to play, Shrews have 6, ColU 4 and Scunny just 2.Scunny also don't play any of the rest of the 4 teams, which means they cannot take points off them.

us and the other 2 all have each other to play. These will be crucial games, but given that Scunny aren't involved I think it puts them at a disadvantage.

Average Position of Teams yet to play;

SHREWSBURY- crewe, LATICS, carlisle, crawley, yeovil, bournemouth, COLCHESTER, portsmouth

15th (14.875)

COLCHESTER- bury, mk dons, bournemouth, OLDHAM, orient, notts county, SHREWSBURY, carlisle

15th (15.125)

Scunthorpe- notts county, doncaster, orient, bournemouth, preston, walsall, mk dons, swindon

9th (8.625)

Latics- bournemouth, HARTLEPOOL, SHREWSBURY, swindon, COLCHESTER, carlisle, preston, bury, yeovil, crawley, orient

14th (14)

Hartlepool- coventry, OLDHAM, walsall, mk dons, stevenage, bury, tranmere, brentford, crawley

12th (12.3)

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

Looking at the fixtures of ours and the teams around us and, despite me being the eternal pessimist, I can't see us going down.

Shrewsbury:

(H) Oldham, Crawley, Bournemouth & Portsmouth (8pts)

(A) Crewe, Carlisle, Yeovil & Colchester (2pts)

Portsmouth will already be down by the time that game comes around so it's the Colchester game that will affect us the most. I can't see Shrewsbury picking up more than 10pts in the last 8 games (as I have them losing at Colchester), although I think that'll easily be enough to stay up, leaving them on 53pts. I've got them down to beat us though, I'm afraid.

SAFE

Colchester:

(H) MK Dons, Bournemouth, Leyton Orient & Shrewsbury (7pts)

(A) Bury, Oldham, Notts County & Carlisle (4pts)

I have Colchester picking up 11 more points, none of them picked up at BP. The Shrewsbury game will be the big one for them, in terms of affecting us, and Carlisle away on the last day could see them pick up 3pts with Carlisle already safe. Colchester to finish on 51pts

SAFE

Scunthorpe:

(H) Doncaster, Leyton Orient, Walsall & Swindon (7pts)

(A) Notts County, Bournemouth, Preston, MK Dons & Bury (TBA) (1pt)

Not the easiest of run ins, and as I only see them picking up 8pts, I can see them going down. I'm not sure when their trip to Bury will be pencilled in though. If it's left til the end of the season then they could well be down already, however, if it's in a fortnight or so, it could be a much more meaningful game for them. Either way, 48pts at most for these and I see them being relegated. DOWN

Oldham:

(H) Bournemouth, Hartlepool, Colchester, Carlisle, Yeovil & Crawley

(A) Shrewsbury, Swindon, Preston NE, Bury & Leyton Orient

If you ask any of the other teams, which run in they'd prefer out of us 7, I'm quite sure they'd pick ours, so we can have no complaints from here. IMO, we need 13pts to reach 49, which I think will keep us safe. Funnily enough, I see us picking up 13pts, with wins over Hartlepool, Colchester & Carlisle and 4 draws elsewhere.

SAFE

Hartlepool:

(H) Walsall, MK Dons, Bury & Brentford

(A) Coventry, OIdham, Stevenage, Tranmere & Crawley

I can't see them picking anything up at Coventry, Tranmere & Crawley. I also have them down to lose at BP. Taking my 49pt safety mark, I can't possibly see them picking up 17pts from the last 9 games.

DOWN

Portsmouth

(H) Coventry, Tranmere, Stevenage & Sheff United

(A) Doncaster, Preston, Brentford & Shrewsbury

Absolutely no chance with that run in. You've more chance of seeing me push butter up a Bull's arse with a red hot knitting needle.

DOWN

Bury

(H) Colchester, Stevenage, Crewe, Oldham, Yeovil & Scunthorpe (TBA)

(A) Bournemouth, Leyton Orient, Hartlepool & Walsall

They need 19pts to reach the my magic 49, and even with favourable home matches where 3pts from each of them is possible, they'd still need 4 more away from home.

DOWN

To summarise, barring an absolute horror show from now until the end of the season, we should absolutely not go down. We have the easiest run in for sure and it wont even take "Promotion-form" to keep us up. W3 D4 L4 from our last 11 games should do it and like I said, even with me being the eternal pessimist, I can see us getting 13 from a possible 33.

Edited by sjk2008