Korey Smith

So we sign a player, it's; "Well Done, TP!"

We let a player go it's; "Booooo! Corney out! Off in the summer with all our FA Cup money, you know..."

Brilliant.

Yes, it is.

It isn't mutually exclusive to be disappointed that Furman and M'Changama have gone and be happy that we've signed a good player.

Yes, it is.

It isn't mutually exclusive to be disappointed that Furman and M'Changama have gone and be happy that we've signed a good player.

My point is it seems Corney gets flack for "letting Furman go", but gets none of the credit when the team is strengthened.

Seems he can't win.

If Tp didn't sign him who did sign him pope Francis the first.

TP says it's not in his remit to look for players, and that agents calling him have been told that they are speaking to the wrong man. So who is going to tell SC which players to bring in, or will he do it himself as seems to be the case with Murray?

My point is it seems Corney gets flack for "letting Furman go", but gets none of the credit when the team is strengthened.

Seems he can't win.

I think the main annoyance is that we have temporarily improved the team with Korey Smith's signature but we've let go of a player (M'Changama) who is valuable in the future. It's likely we'll completely overhaul and rebuild the team over the Summer like usual which a lot of people dislike.

Granted, if M'Changama wanted to go himself then that's not Corney's fault directly but if we had a new manager in already then might he have stayed? Who knows.

It's a culmination of things like the managerial situation, player contracts, very little communication with the fans that result in less significant events being blamed on him.

My main target would be to bring in 1 or 2 more players on loan along with a manager, try to secure our place in the league with a couple of games to spare and then get going with player contracts quickly. Easier said than done but I think a new manager would help us to achieve that goal.