Korey Smith

Don't care who signed him, should be an improvement on what we've got and at 6ft will hopefully give us a much needed physical presence in midfield.

6ft? I've been saying for ages that our midfield is too small.

Hopefully, with Smith in and Smith out injured, Baxter will be pushed back to his proper position.

6ft? I've been saying for ages that our midfield is too small.

Hopefully, with Smith in and Smith out injured, Baxter will be pushed back to his proper position.

Is Baxter in his proper position best for the team though? When he's been in that position he's played better, but the team hasn't. We look much better with Wes sitting back infront of the defence and Baxter ahead of him, with two strikers up top.

Is Baxter in his proper position best for the team though? When he's been in that position he's played better, but the team hasn't. We look much better with Wes sitting back infront of the defence and Baxter ahead of him, with two strikers up top.

Completely agree

But we've played better & got better results recently with him in midfield

We beat 3 woefully out of form teams (one of them games he only played the last 15 minutes), who I think we would have beat with Baxter up front.

But we've also lost against Walsall in a pretty dire display with Baxter in midfield. Lost against Sheffield United in a game where we lacked a cutting edge up front and couldn't score, and lost against Tranmere with another dire display where we lacked cutting edge up front and couldn't score.

We we're all desperate to sign him because of his performances up front. As soon as we signed him, we've played him out of position and he hasn't been as effective.

What would be best for the team would be to play the best player in his best position, and hopefully start scoring some goals again.

I eat my words - Korey Smith the saviour of Latics! No he looks OK but can't be expected to do miracles today as he will need time to understand the system (I hear you say what system?)

Intrigued to see who plays where today - I'm in the attacking midfield role for Baxter as I think he scores more running on to the ball and hated Wes and Furman sitting back behind him with only one up front and don't think it works with Baxter as one of two. Feel less despondent. Thank you Simon.

He was in centre mid with Wesolowski. Barnard and Iwelumo we're up top.

Apologies I just seem to remember philiskirk saying he played in the hole and didn't get a kick. Playing cm will see him have more of the ball? Thought he was referring to Walsall.

I have no problem with this signing but, given that he's about level with Tom Adeyemi in the Norwich pecking order, I can't say I'm too excited.

Played a lot more first team games than Adeyemi to be fair Stevie, might even have been in a few England youth squads.