Car broken into on Westhulme Ave

Just as an FYI, mine and at least two other cars had windows put through during the match tonight. We were all parked on the pot holed road just off Sheepfoot Lane at the back of the hospital. People who park there may want to reconsider, although my day's been parking there for a decade & has been okay.

Not sure if the fella who stayed with me while I rang the police goes on here, but if he does - thank you. I was on my own and a little unnerved.

Think I'll stick to parking at the Greyhound in future!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We parked there for a good few years with neighbouring cars regularly getting their windows smashed in. Took my uncle's getting gutted to stop us parking there though. We park on the hospital P&D now, its not too pricey and much more secure.

Twas my car that had a window smashed in the post Diego links to. Ever since, if I've been a passenger, I've warned the driver not to park on Westhulme. The daft thing is when my car was done, fhere was lots of stuff available to be pinched but nothing went. Someone at the police station when I reported it (not anyone connected with the police) said it's mainly youths from a certain nearby eztate that do this for "fun".......not sure how right he is though.

Just as an FYI, mine and at least two other cars had windows put through during the match tonight. We were all parked on the pot holed road just off Sheepfoot Lane at the back of the hospital. People who park there may want to reconsider, although my day's been parking there for a decade & has been okay.

Not sure if the fella who stayed with me while I rang the police goes on here, but if he does - thank you. I was on my own and a little unnerved.

Think I'll stick to parking at the Greyhound in future!

No worries, hope your car gets fixed up soon. I've had my car windows smashed around the back of the Old Wickes a few years back. Think I need to find somewhere else to park!

Why would you do that???

The more crimes reported to the police, even in the expectation of no action being taken, the more the stats show a truer level of unsolved crime. This provides more evidence of the effects of the spending cuts, and more amunition for those trying to get enough voters off their arses to install a majority government instead of a cobbled-together coalition that nobody wanted.

Why would you do that???

Because it's democracy for which people fought.

The police have been round and fingerprinted this morning. Because so many were done in one go they've taken an interest. As for insurance, I didn't need a crime ref no - just to cough up £75 excess to get the window replaced. Still, it could've been worse - we could've lost.

The more crimes reported to the police, even in the expectation of no action being taken, the more the stats show a truer level of unsolved crime. This provides more evidence of the effects of the spending cuts, and more amunition for those trying to get enough voters off their arses to install a majority government instead of a cobbled-together coalition that nobody wanted.

Why would you do that???

Because it's democracy for which people fought.

Yes I understand that but calling the police for a broken window is like going to the hospital for a broken toe!! Just sort it yourself. Unless you happen to be an extremely patient person and have half a day you feel able to completely waste.

Yes I understand that but calling the police for a broken window is like going to the hospital for a broken toe!! Just sort it yourself. Unless you happen to be an extremely patient person and have half a day you feel able to completely waste.

Idiotic post.

How can you mock someone for reporting a crime to the police?

Tweet from Oldham West coppers

@GMPOldhamWest: Vehicle crime around Royal Oldham Hospital.Parking on unlit roads you are an easy target for thieves. Try to park on lit carparks!!

One of the replys brought a smile to my face- "Try doing something about it"

Ever since Westhulme Avenue started getting dodgy with break-ins or just mindless vandalism (luckily mine hadn't been done), I started parking near Clayton Green, either paying refundable £5 in pub car park or, if early enough, on the road outside. Nil problems, well lit, often bouncers outside and quick getaway.

Edited by Fyldelatic

I park near the chaddy park inn, free parking and only a ten minute walk to the ground, perfect.

I was a bit late for saturdays match so ended up parking on B+Q where they have started charging £3 per car with all the money going to dr kershaws so couldnt really complain.

Edited by 4froale