I would say 2 positives today

totally :censored:e first half - possibly the worst i have seen in 40 years of supporting latics

BUT

3 substitues at half time

very positive move from LJ and he did react to try and rectify

Kirk Millar - really impressed with the energy / tempo / workrate he injected

I am sure LJ has learned from today and I am sure we will be safe come the end of the season

( Maybe even by 5pm Saturday ! )

I'd bin all them... yesterday they all spout off via Twitter of the importance of this game and then go into hiding as soon as the whistle is blown.

Biggest load of over paid, over confident yet underwhelming players we've had in a long time. I'm afraid the dilusion was instilled by Dickov and Johnson's now had to pick up the pieces and no matter how much motivation, the fires not in their bellies and I wouldn't want to be stood next to any of them in the trenches,

Build the side around Baxter with grit and determination fed by his creativity and Johnson can start his own dynasty putting to bed the smoke and mirrors spouted by Dickov.

I think that the match produced more positives than is credited.

Yes, 1st half we were a disgrace however 2nd half we were absolutely fantastic and given a bit of luck and composure from some players who aren't used to first-team football we would have won that very easily. We had at least 2 goal-line clearances, lots of saved shots and missed a few good chances.

You can tell you're a newblue if you think that was 'fantastic'. It's all relative, and it was certainly an improvement, but it wasn't fantastic by any stretch.

You can tell you're a newblue if you think that was 'fantastic'. It's all relative, and it was certainly an improvement, but it wasn't fantastic by any stretch.

I'm 16, never saw the good times and it would be wrong to judge these players on any other context than the season we're in.

However, we haven't dominated many teams like we did 2nd half. We made so many chances and played with a freedom that we never did under Dickov apart from the start of his reign. A finisher up front and we would've scored 4+ goals.

The poorness of the 1st half overshadowed what was a very good display in the 2nd half.

Edited by NewBlue

someone like Barnard?

The dilemma for me is Baxter being such a good finisher yet having to play just behind the strikers to actually create the chances.

Smith had a 1-on-1, Millar had a free shot from the box, Reid's chance at the end and some headed opportunities would probably have been converted by Baxter.

It's obvious we need a striker that can supplement Baxter's goals. Derbyshire could've been that finisher but he had to play under a system with Dickov that produced so few chances he could've played in defence.

FIFY

snapback.pngoafc-latics, on 06 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

if we can scrape through this season, and with a few about 20 30 decent signings over the summer, i'd be confident for next year under Johnson

I'd bin all them... yesterday they all spout off via Twitter of the importance of this game and then go into hiding as soon as the whistle is blown.

Biggest load of over paid, over confident yet underwhelming players we've had in a long time. I'm afraid the dilusion was instilled by Dickov and Johnson's now had to pick up the pieces and no matter how much motivation, the fires not in their bellies and I wouldn't want to be stood next to any of them in the trenches,

Build the side around Baxter with grit and determination fed by his creativity and Johnson can start his own dynasty putting to bed the smoke and mirrors spouted by Dickov.

This

Does anyone know the official ruling with regards to the points? If they can't finish the season would teams keep the points they got against them or would everyone get points taken off?

And how awful is it that we might be relying on this to keep us up??

I don't think there is anything to stop Portsmouth completing their fixtures. If the court ruling goes against them, then they stay in administration, but will not be allowed in the football league next season.

The dilemma for me is Baxter being such a good finisher yet having to play just behind the strikers to actually create the chances.

His miss against Colchester and again when he shot straight at the keeper against Carlisle suggest his finishing is not exactly clinical.

Smith had a 1-on-1, Millar had a free shot from the box, Reid's chance at the end and some headed opportunities would probably have been converted by Baxter.

Reid and and Smith supply put in by Baxter.

His miss against Colchester and again when he shot straight at the keeper against Carlisle suggest his finishing is not exactly clinical.

Reid and and Smith supply put in by Baxter.

There are 2 things that could save us:

Jose Baxter

And

Scunthorpe getting fewer points from their last 4 games than us

They have

Walsall home. Still going for play offs

Bury away. Scunny will win

Mk dons away. Could go either way, please mr Robinson

Swindon home. Swindon still going for automatic

Don't want it to go to the last day

Edited by stevesidg