A lot of our midfielders don't want the ball short when the CBs have the ball they are not keen to have it under pressure and don't move to create any space. I know Furman had his critics but he was willing to put his foot on it and I thought mellor was happy to do so when he came on vs Carlisle. Maybe a three man midfield would help is here with mellor sitting deep?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of our midfielders don't want the ball short when the CBs have the ball they are not keen to have it under pressure and don't move to create any space. I know Furman had his critics but he was willing to put his foot on it and I thought mellor was happy to do so when he came on vs Carlisle. Maybe a three man midfield would help is here with mellor sitting deep?

this

we need a cm who doesn't run off when our centre halves pick the ball up.

big jean doesnt think he's stevie g though trying to spray 40 yard passes all over the park, most of which go straight into touch

Under instructions from management no doubt because he has the talent to try these things, Jean does not! Hence he just hoofs it just like Byrne

It just sums up the majority of latics fans that they would rather have a clogger who makes mistakes over a natural footballer who don't get me wrong also makes mistakes but will improve.

I was discussing this at the latest home game Jean gets a lot of slack from our fans when he makes basic mistakes.....a lot.Tarky gets hammered for the same, why? One may just hoof it and give it away the other tries to play the ball and gives it a way, same end result most of the time

HOOF!!!

Edited by palmer1

I don't what the expectations are of those who'd not be arsed about M'Voto going. League 1, potentially League 2 with a :censored:, about to get :censored:ter budget.... As good as we're likely to get for me.

Not in the legends category but he's been one of the few who's deserved respect over the last few years

First rule of defending is 'Clear your lines' no matter what! Be it to row zed or completely out of the stadium. Nothing worse than playing crossfield balls across your box or trying to be clever and playing it out of defence unless you have the personel to do it.

Good on ya Jean and Cliff! :OASISscarf: