Belezika can step up to the mark, big, strong, quick and commanding, his concentration is good too so doesn't make many bloomers.

Would be great if he could. If our 4 centre backs next season are Byrne, Tarky, Belezika and a solid L1 or L2 centre back in the peak of his career then I think we'll be sorted.

If Belezika does may the 1st team can we please chant "Bele's gonna get ya!"?

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-15 goal difference is nothing to be proud of. Have you seen the quality of some of the sides who have won comfortably at BP this season? Our defence is nothing short of dreadful this year.

We've only conceded 56 goals this season, that isn't particularly bad, in fact it's probably above average for the division. The issue has been we can't score for :censored: this season and any mistake the defence makes means we lose because we generally fail score.

We've only conceded 56 goals this season, that isn't particularly bad, in fact it's probably above average for the division. The issue has been we can't score for :censored: this season and any mistake the defence makes means we lose because we generally fail score.

Puts us 8th bottom whereas we're 3rd bottom for goals scored.

What?

Haha, how does he try and be a gangster?

Is this a 'black' thing?

He is a misogynistic so and so and his tweets are full of gangsta style language. He is not quite as bad as KMB but he's that sort of level.

It could be his twitter persona of course but I doubt it.

Puts us 8th bottom whereas we're 3rd bottom for goals scored.

Its not just the goals conceded. As soon as we concede our heads drop and we chuck in the towel. And how often do we concede first.

but the stats do support the leaky defence too.

Clean sheets

3rd bottom

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/clsht.html

Concede first

Rock bottom

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/oppscfst.html

Record when conceding more than one goal

3rd bottom

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/congt1.html

I was texting my mate on holiday, whilst listening to Latics player during Tuesdays game and reading back thought I'd share some my comments:-

- Like a pin ball machine in Preston's box could have gone anywhere. Mvoto booked for incident following resulting corner.

- Quote 'He's ambling around, looks out of sorts and every time he goes anywhere near the ball he gives away a free kick. Who am I??

- Good effort from baxter described as surreal, followed by partial flood light failure but game continuing, followed by Latics sub Tarky for Byrne, followed by latics free kick resulting in finger tip save from Baxter, ball in back of net from resulting corner ruled out for foul and chants of 'Off Off Off' for Mvoto fool!!!

- Half time stats - Latics first, possession 53 - 47, shots 8-5 (3-2 on target) corners 6-1, fouls (Mvoto) 11-8, Score 0-0

Quote 'Mvoto comes in with a header (pause) the ball goes skywards!!!'

- Mvoto another speaking to after clumsy challenge, last chance

- Across comes mvoto but shins the ball into touch, 3 remaining

Needless to say, I don't rate him, he's athletic enough but lacks basic footballing brains and composure - I think he is playing at just about his level, and for him to think he can player any higher is just laughable

He's been a rock recently. Almost single handedly earned us a point at Swindon.

He is off though.

^This

I spoke to a Swindon fan who actually said if they went up they would want him at the back. He will get offers and some of those will be in France.

If we had 11 players who gave the effort, commitment and preformed as consistenly as M'Voto has done the last 5/6 especially we would be in this mess

The amount of time he heads the ball up into the air instead of heading it away is laughable. As is his penchant for grabbing and shoving players, he got away with a booking Tuesday, he wasn't so lucky at Crawley. For the monster he is he should be knocking on double figures every year in terms of goals but he doesn't attack the ball properly. Tarky does this much better and is 3 or 4 years younger.

The only time I think he's ever cleaned one out properly was at Colchester. I certainly won't miss his inability to use his other foot therefore he whacks it out of play or hoofs it anywhere when chasing a game. He's decent at this level, but ability wise is no better than league one.

One other issue with JYM, is that he's made of biscuits so invariably misses a big chunk of most seasons.

However, Samba, Bramble and Wes Morgan have all played Championship or Premier League so what do I know?

Said it before and I'll say it again, I won't miss one player out of the whole squad, they've failed as one, they can all piss off as one. Including Baxter, imagine how we'll feel if we go down by a point after that crazy penalty attempt?

If ever a Summer actually called for a clean slate, this is definitely it….

Edited by oafcprozac

Tarky gets abuse for the same simple mistakes that Jean makes, they both make them every week. If he can do better by which i mean play first team football at a higher level then fine, I doubt he can.......yet!!

big jean doesnt think he's stevie g though trying to spray 40 yard passes all over the park, most of which go straight into touch

I've watched M'voto closely since he arrived, and despite being a beast who can win the ball superbly with his strength, and is fantastic in the air, he is shocking on the deck, you'd fancy him all day in the air but on the floor he struggles. Having said that he's a very steady League One player with the potential to play lower end of the Championship, as for Premier League, not a chance so it looks like he's back off to France.

Also, i've noticed recently, that when he loses the ball inside the opposition half, there's absolutely no desire to get back into position, i'm with others who would like a clean slate next season, get rid of as many as you can and build again, BUT put these new players on 2 year deals so that we can build a team rather than dismantle it every year, THIS team has to be dismantled though, absolutely shocking with no desire.

Edited by alex_balls

I was texting my mate on holiday, whilst listening to Latics player during Tuesdays game and reading back thought I'd share some my comments:-

- Like a pin ball machine in Preston's box could have gone anywhere. Mvoto booked for incident following resulting corner.

- Quote 'He's ambling around, looks out of sorts and every time he goes anywhere near the ball he gives away a free kick. Who am I??

- Good effort from baxter described as surreal, followed by partial flood light failure but game continuing, followed by Latics sub Tarky for Byrne, followed by latics free kick resulting in finger tip save from Baxter, ball in back of net from resulting corner ruled out for foul and chants of 'Off Off Off' for Mvoto fool!!!

- Half time stats - Latics first, possession 53 - 47, shots 8-5 (3-2 on target) corners 6-1, fouls (Mvoto) 11-8, Score 0-0

Quote 'Mvoto comes in with a header (pause) the ball goes skywards!!!'

- Mvoto another speaking to after clumsy challenge, last chance

- Across comes mvoto but shins the ball into touch, 3 remaining

Needless to say, I don't rate him, he's athletic enough but lacks basic footballing brains and composure - I think he is playing at just about his level, and for him to think he can player any higher is just laughable

Smacks of a bit of an obsession.

I've watched M'voto closely since he arrived, and despite being a beast who can win the ball superbly with his strength, and is fantastic in the air, he is shocking on the deck, you'd fancy him all day in the air but on the floor he struggles. Having said that he's a very steady League One player with the potential to play lower end of the Championship, as for Premier League, not a chance so it looks like he's back off to France.

Also, i've noticed recently, that when he loses the ball inside the opposition half, there's absolutely no desire to get back into position, i'm with others who would like a clean slate next season, get rid of as many as you can and build again, BUT put these new players on 2 year deals so that we can build a team rather than dismantle it every year, THIS team has to be dismantled though, absolutely shocking with no desire.

WTF?........my eyes hurt!..

He's one of the top earners. He's had an average / alright season; but ultimately he's been part of the team that has underperformed all season.

My main issue with JYM has always been a personality one: he's as quite as a mouse on the pitch. For his size - he should be the teams enforcer - vocal and tough, a shouter, a raiser of spirits, the organiser of the backline. But; he barely says anything.

If he goes, he goes. If he stays; fair enough.

Like Prozac, there actually isnt really one player i'm desperate for us to keep, i'd be fine with Grounds and Baxter being here; at a push JYM....but in reality; we need a rip it up and start again.

CB wise - what we're crying out for IMO is an experienced but not over the hill old school lower league CB to come in.

LJ had one in the Bristol City side he played in - Louis Carey. What we need is an equililent - an Adam Barratt, Andy Frampton, Ryan Cresswell type. 27 to 30 ish years of age; tough as old boots and a leader of men.

jYM isnt that and iMO he can move on.....

He's one of the top earners. He's had an average / alright season; but ultimately he's been part of the team that has underperformed all season.

My main issue with JYM has always been a personality one: he's as quite as a mouse on the pitch. For his size - he should be the teams enforcer - vocal and tough, a shouter, a raiser of spirits, the organiser of the backline. But; he barely says anything.

If he goes, he goes. If he stays; fair enough.

Like Prozac, there actually isnt really one player i'm desperate for us to keep, i'd be fine with Grounds and Baxter being here; at a push JYM....but in reality; we need a rip it up and start again.

CB wise - what we're crying out for IMO is an experienced but not over the hill old school lower league CB to come in.

LJ had one in the Bristol City side he played in - Louis Carey. What we need is an equililent - an Adam Barratt, Andy Frampton, Ryan Cresswell type. 27 to 30 ish years of age; tough as old boots and a leader of men.

jYM isnt that and iMO he can move on.....

1.) Weren't Diamond and Clarke in that mould last season.

2.) I'd have been tempted to put Cliff Byrne in that category this season too. Next season, however, I'd think he might just be starting his come down from the top of the hill. That is the problem, experienced soon becomes too experienced. I would still like us to keep Byrne though, in fact I'd make him captain.

3.) Unless someone comes in for them we will be keeping anyone who isn't out of contract. As we cant afford to pay them off. Baxter and Grounds aside I can't see that happening, unless we go down.

4.) I do wonder where some of the money for this wholesale clear out is going to come from. No matter what our FOTB says Lee Johnson was a cheap appointment. Whilst not all of the cup money would have come in when we appointed him a decent proportion will have done.

Makes me laugh how so many if our best players get criticised or won't be missed...see Stephens Eardley Taylor Lee Furman and now Mvoto who will be moving on to better things i am sure, come on its sour grapes that they are leaving if we had the cash to keep this calibre of player together we would actually have a squad capable of challenging not languishing where we are now.

What our defence has lacked is someone sitting in front who they can make a short pass. M'voto is with us because he does some things well but can't do others - the hands out what do I do with it now being an example. Mellor made a real difference, mopping up and passing the ball but when will we see him again. Goals for is and remains the problem!