PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of Victor Meldrew's on here. A lot of whom probably ran on the pitch as a kid for no reason in particular (other than was a laugh). If it made them enjoy there day then who actually gives a........

It's happened for years. It will happen in ten years. It didnt cause anyone any harm, no one got hurt and there certainly wasnt seens like where seen at Wolves at the weekend.

Everyone at the club constantly moans at the lack of fans, yet there's hundreds of kids who have taken to Latics. The club would be daft to do anything too drastic to alienate them.

Give the kids a break and stop labelling all of them under the same bracket.

SIMPLE.... move all home fans back into the Chaddy and the Main stand, leave the RRE for away fans, like it used to be, e.g for games against Liverpool and Everton, also Sheffield United the Chaddy end was back how it used to be rocking!!

OR if a child wants to buy a £10 season ticket, simply only let this £10 offer be applied for the chaddy end or main stand

SIMPLE- Stop being Victor :censored:ing Meldrew. :censored: the wank chaddy with its poles and no beer and :censored: having kids running round the main stand.

• 3 weeks later...

With fairness to Barry/the club here, it could have been due to the actions of the club that any penalties have been lessened. HMRC for example, have a penalty policy in regards to mistakes made i.e. where care is taken, mistakes are seen more favourably than where no care is taken.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

With fairness to Barry/the club here, it could have been due to the actions of the club that any penalties have been lessened. HMRC for example, have a penalty policy in regards to mistakes made i.e. where care is taken, mistakes are seen more favourably than where no care is taken.

Still doesn't excuse the club's reaction, after the fact; particularly the creation of this thread.

Still doesn't excuse the club's reaction, after the fact; particularly the creation of this thread.

To be honest Stevie, some of the reaction on here was justified. Running onto the pitch during the game, fair do's but running onto the pitch and taking the corner flag with you is just taking the piss. That's was pissed me off hence my reaction. Yes, of course let them have fun, feck me I was on the pitch when Bernard equalised against Wednesday, but we were on and off in 20 seconds... If they are old enough wanting to go on the pitch they are old enough to take a bollocking.

To be honest Stevie, some of the reaction on here was justified. Running onto the pitch during the game, fair do's but running onto the pitch and taking the corner flag with you is just taking the piss. That's was pissed me off hence my reaction. Yes, of course let them have fun, feck me I was on the pitch when Bernard equalised against Wednesday, but we were on and off in 20 seconds... If they are old enough wanting to go on the pitch they are old enough to take a bollocking.

Did any of them actually get a bollocking? Hardly any of the kids that went on the pitch would have seen Barrys post. They will be ready and waiting next year to do the same thing without any resistance. Barry coming on here and starting a thread is not going to make one bit off difference.

There where actually several good ideas on this thread of how to stop them doing it again next year but I have no doubt no changes will be made and this time next year they will be on the pitch again like they have been for the previous 10 years

Did any of them actually get a bollocking? Hardly any of the kids that went on the pitch would have seen Barrys post. They will be ready and waiting next year to do the same thing without any resistance. Barry coming on here and starting a thread is not going to make one bit off difference.

There where actually several good ideas on this thread of how to stop them doing it again next year but I have no doubt no changes will be made and this time next year they will be on the pitch again like they have been for the previous 10 years

I had a go at the lad with who charged on ( during the game with the flag), as I said, if they are old enough to take responsibility to take that action then its justified to point out the error of their ways...

It served no purpose other than to further alienate the fanbase.

A few excited kids ran on the pitch, some dick pulled out a corner flag, etc. Oh, yeah, and we stayed up.

What's done is done. Nobody was harmed and none of the people involved intended any harm. I'm not condoning it but it was youthful over-exuberance rather than malice and threatening to take action against these people was never going to achieve anything but a step backwards in trying to grow the sorry bloody fanbase we're left with after twenty years of predominantly :censored: football.

The problem is the "announcement" and reaction from the board wasn't at all balanced - I don't mean with Millwall-esque excuses such as youthful exuberance. Occasionally, it would be nice to hear the fans' representative on the board praise fans' good behaviour, or throw them some other bone, such as, "I stood up for fans against the change of strip, but was outvoted at the board meeting," or, "I made the case for cheaper season tickets, but was outvoted at the board meeting." Whether justified or not, the perception is that the fans' representative on the board places more emphasis on being "on the board" than he places on being the "fans' representative".

One thing that sticks in my craw about the initial reaction was the spineless blaming of £10 season ticket holders. Sure some of them might have been on the pitch, but a lot of them would've stayed where they were. I have no idea why anyone would scapegoat people just like that. Absolutely brainless reaction.

The problem is the "announcement" and reaction from the board wasn't at all balanced - I don't mean with Millwall-esque excuses such as youthful exuberance. Occasionally, it would be nice to hear the fans' representative on the board praise fans' good behaviour, or throw them some other bone, such as, "I stood up for fans against the change of strip, but was outvoted at the board meeting," or, "I made the case for cheaper season tickets, but was outvoted at the board meeting." Whether justified or not, the perception is that the fans' representative on the board places more emphasis on being "on the board" than he places on being the "fans' representative".

This.

This thread should be pinned and labelled comedy gold... What an overreaction and rocky summed it up with this post below. When did going to the football become so :censored: ? Its one thing the club and the fan on the board barry doing their usal melodramatic show but it seems even Latics fans have given up hope of going to the football actually being fun...

I went on the pitch at end of every season for no other reason than it was a laugh... Did it as a kid and a grown man... And why the hell not...

There's a lot of Victor Meldrew's on here. A lot of whom probably ran on the pitch as a kid for no reason in particular (other than was a laugh). If it made them enjoy there day then who actually gives a........

It's happened for years. It will happen in ten years. It didnt cause anyone any harm, no one got hurt and there certainly wasnt seens like where seen at Wolves at the weekend.

Everyone at the club constantly moans at the lack of fans, yet there's hundreds of kids who have taken to Latics. The club would be daft to do anything too drastic to alienate them.

Give the kids a break and stop labelling all of them under the same bracket.

Edited by oafc0000

So now pitch invasions are fine, ask Chris Kirkland or one of the other players assaulted this season and in previous campaigns.

The rules are there and Latics like all clubs are liable to be fined when they are broken therefore they are right to ask for them to be adhered to.

The other part to this thread was the damage to the Crawley coach which seems to have been forgotten in our rush to blame the club for asking for rules to be adhered to, is this youthful exuberance as well?

Why is Barry personally, and why are the club being chastised for asking for FL/FA rules to be adhered to whilst suggesting that there was a good chance of the club being fined where the precedence says they will be fined? Luckily that didnt happen this time, next time it might.

Do we think pitch invasions are ok? The law and the governing bodies say not.Latics have to be seen to be taking steps to uphold this or else they will be liable to fines and are also in danger of having their license revoked to hold games with paying crowds at BP. Nearly every ground has signs at it stating that it is an offence to enter the field of play, this from the onset is asking for regulations to be upheld and gives a directive to the crowd.