PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they introduced the £50 ST a few years back it was a great deal, certainly cheaper than it had been previous seasons. Those who got one for a tenner this year have been lucky as it was a top deal but the offer doesn't seem sustainable long term. £50 isn't an insignificant amount of money but it's still a good very good price for 23 league games.

The price of the season tickets should not be changed. It is not fair why should I have 2 pay more just cuz some nob heads run on the pitch

Just out of interest, how old are you and who do you go to matches with? It would be good to hear from some younger fans who weren't involved to put the other side of the story.

Carefully wording my questions. Did you feel that is was right for people run on the pitch after the 2nd goal? And do you think £2 a match is too much to pay next season?

I think It is wrong to run on the pitch at any time, and it is even worse to do it after a goal. Because it is just causing the club to loose money. Which true supporters would not want. And I think that £40-£80 is about the right price for the season tickets.

I think It is wrong to run on the pitch at any time, and it is even worse to do it after a goal. Because it is just causing the club to loose money. Which true supporters would not want. And I think that £40-£80 is about the right price for the season tickets.

I thought it was clear from your post before that you didn't approve of pitch invasions! It may be that the pricing will change but I'm sure a lot of us will speak up in favour of it still being affordable for people your age. Maybe the £10 has encouraged some of the idiots in, if it is just a bit of a sacrifice then people will come in who appreciate it a bit

We've always had pitch invasions.

What has any of this got to do with £10 season tickets?

We are (perhaps unfairly) conflating two issues. Pitch invasions, and an increase in numpty youths. The only conflation I see is that we have more kids who don't give even a slight :censored: about the rules than we used to have.

I thought it was clear from your post before that you didn't approve of pitch invasions! It may be that the pricing will change but I'm sure a lot of us will speak up in favour of it still being affordable for people your age. Maybe the £10 has encouraged some of the idiots in, if it is just a bit of a sacrifice then people will come in who appreciate it a bit

Totally agree

So it's the clubs fault for not employing enough stewards to stop the :censored: contingent being wankers and commit offences?!

Give your head a wobble lad.

Give your head a wobble lad. Everyone knew it was going to happen, the club is the only organisation that was remotely in a position to stop it happening. It has happened. They will now deal with the consequences.

Give your head a wobble lad. Everyone knew it was going to happen, the club is the only organisation that was remotely in a position to stop it happening. It has happened. They will now deal with the consequences.

+1 - Happens every year, as soon as they were congregating at the bottom of the RRE, i knew there would be an invasion if we scored. Then M'Voto popped up with the header.

Latics should have anticipated this and got some agency stewards in for the game.

Not condoning the invasion one bit, but i agree in that more could have been done to prevent it.

Anyone found guilty of criminal damage to the Crawley coach wants banning, we don't want their type here.

Pitch encroachment has been the norm for Yonks, although during the match shouldn't be tolerated and needs addressing pronto.

There was no aggression in the invasion, more over exuberance from a bunch of kids.

Next seasons kids ST should come with a warning, misbehave and it gets taken away.

Prozac, out of interest would you have any issues with the club tying a cheap (£10/£50) kids ticket to the purchase of an adult one? Although not ideal, that would seem to be the sensible option to me and would still allow us to encourage young supporters like your girl.

Makes sense to me..buy an adult ST..get a kids ST for a tenner ..hopefully the adult will oversee the child's behaviour

It frustrates me every season but I'm not sure exactly what people think the stewards should do. They make it clear by standing there that it is not permissible to run on the pitch. There were also announcements in the ground, on the website, through social media and in the local press in the days running up to the game. If people (be they ten or seventy years old) choose to ignore the warnings the stewards are in a no win position. If they physically stop people they risk ending up in court.

Sadly this is the blame culture we live with these days. Kid is told he can't go on pitch, steward blocks kid's way as he tries to get on anyway, kid falls over, kid's parent sues club and steward.

if the club insist looking at CCTV, i really hope they don't go on to ban or fine people. Of course they were wrong to run on the pitch, especially as we've had a pretty :censored: season all together, but they make the noise and they will come to BP in 10-20 years.

also, stewards lining up infront of the main stand... no need for it. someone shouted and one replied 'i've been told to go here'. the main stand would need walking sticks to get on the pitch, could have put those stewards at the RRE

Anyone found guilty of criminal damage to the Crawley coach wants banning, we don't want their type here.

Pitch encroachment has been the norm for Yonks, although during the match shouldn't be tolerated and needs addressing pronto.

There was no aggression in the invasion, more over exuberance from a bunch of kids.

Next seasons kids ST should come with a warning, misbehave and it gets taken away.

Agree with that, but I really think it needs to be managed throughout the season. Those kids that go there purely for aggro with stewards and away fans are no loss. There's no point expecting them to behave on the final day when they've been been bigging themselves up about being bad boys for the rest of the year