PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE

:Please look out on the official site for the club announcement that I have prepared with the Chief Executive.

The referee has no alternative but to include this invasion in his match report that is likely (after a similiar event on Tuesday) to land us with a fine by the FA.

The club will also review footage of CCTV imagines and consider appropriate action against those who do our club no favours.

Subsequently the Board of Directors will be looking into a range of issues regarding youth members in particular the £10 ticket.

More upsettting is the news that the Crawley Supporters Coach was attacked by persons and we await the police report in that respect.

With regard to the encroachment, any fine we receive is likely to be substancial.

Other than that chaps well done for your fantastic support today.

Barry

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the club could have done a bit more with the stewarding, it was obvious what the kids were doing for the last 10 minutes. To me it seemed that us older fans had to the police them at the end, when I had a pop at them they just walked out of the gate.

Where they not all under 16, what action can be taken other than bans or knocking on their parents doors. I totally understand how annoying it is but It happens every year and was obvious it would happen again today, a statement on the web was never going to make a difference, most of those on the pitch probably don't go on the website. if the club knew a big fine would be the result they should pay for more stewards for the final day to form a proper line. Its happened for the past god knows how many years and It will happen every year until the club actually do something to stop it

Edited by NIKI1234

Sounds like the club are ready to take action. Will be a shame for the majority of young fans who don't misbehave but there's a sizeable minority looking to cause trouble, constantly standing up, being abusive, throwing stuff and smashing coaches.

Enough's enough.

:Please look out on the official site for the club announcement that I have prepared with the Chief Executive.

The referee has no alternative but to include this invasion in his match report that is likely (after a similiar event on Tuesday) to land us with a fine by the FA.

The club will also review footage of CCTV imagines and consider appropriate action against those who do our club no favours.

Subsequently the Board of Directors will be looking into a range of issues regarding youth members in particular the £10 ticket.

More upsettting is the news that the Crawley Supporters Coach was attacked by persons and we await the police report in that respect.

With regard to the encroachment, any fine we receive is likely to be substancial.

Other than that chaps well done for your fantastic support today.

Barry

That's it Barry you and the board go for the knee jerk reaction why don't you ban all kids from going to the game and ban all supporters from enjoying themselves (although they appear to have been trying that all year to be honest) i don't condone any of it especially the attacking of the coach but rather than deal with the problem directly (maybe take a look at your stewarding?????) you will look at removing the one decent initiative the club has come up with in years doesn't surprise me one bit to be honest and would just be typical of the way this stagnating is club is managed. Dont patronise us with "other than that excellent support" the crowd was like a morgue all day until the goal and although far too over exuberant at least it showed a passion from them. There wont be a club in the football league that wont have some form of pitch invasion at the end of the season and if the old farts at the football league want to throw the book at every club then they are as deluded as this board in reconsidering the season ticket deal..

I hope these fines apply to every club where there are fans on the pitch. The FA will be minted. They may be able to afford to turn down some TV money and play the FA Cup final at the time the fans want. The pitch invasion was irritating children with absolutely no harm done, they should be focusing on the Millwalls of this world.

That's it Barry you and the board go for the knee jerk reaction why don't you ban all kids from going to the game and ban all supporters from enjoying themselves (although they appear to have been trying that all year to be honest) i don't condone any of it especially the attacking of the coach but rather than deal with the problem directly (maybe take a look at your stewarding?????) you will look at removing the one decent initiative the club has come up with in years doesn't surprise me one bit to be honest and would just be typical of the way this stagnating is club is managed. Dont patronise us with "other than that excellent support" the crowd was like a morgue all day until the goal and although far too over exuberant at least it showed a passion from them. There wont be a club in the football league that wont have some form of pitch invasion at the end of the season and if the old farts at the football league want to throw the book at every club then they are as deluded as this board in reconsidering the season ticket deal..

Any knee jerk reaction seems to be from you.

The club has to look at the £10 idea in the light of this - optimum word is "look".

This wasn't an end of game invasion - it was during the match.

And I can show passion without running on - as can most Latics supporters.

Regardless of stewarding fans shouldn't be going on the pitch. Stewards can only do so much, if fans want to get on the pitch they will do. The fault lies with those who went on for me. Its very easy to say "Oldham should do this and that" but what have the people who went on the pitch today and on Tuesday achieved? They've got the club fined, well done. Yes it isn't everyone, yes fans should be allowed to have fun and a laugh but the rules are there for a reason. What happens if one of the pitch invaders slips climbing the hoardings and injures themselves, then sues the club? Celebrate the game and the win but do it within the rules which are there for the safety of everyone

Every other club must get fined as well then? Can't get my head round a pitch invasion when we've won nothing but it's happened last day fot the past 10 or so years. It's hardly trouble causing and most of them (stupidly) just run on for a laugh.

Bet it'll happen at 75% of the clubs in the bottom 2 divisions over this and next weekend, regardless of league finish etc

Every other club must get fined as well then? Can't get my head round a pitch invasion when we've won nothing but it's happened last day fot the past 10 or so years. It's hardly trouble causing and most of them (stupidly) just run on for a laugh.

Bet it'll happen at 75% of the clubs in the bottom 2 divisions over this and next weekend, regardless of league finish etc

most other clubs don't have this problem mainly because they have enough stewards to stop it. I feel for the club but they really do need to get more stewards in for the last game of the season. If they don't want to pay for that they could even net off the first couple of rows of seats and steward the isles for the final game. Make all the fans in the chaddy leave by the rear for this one game each year

Any knee jerk reaction seems to be from you.

The club has to look at the £10 idea in the light of this - optimum word is "look".

This wasn't an end of game invasion - it was during the match.

And I can show passion without running on - as can most Latics supporters.

Where's my Knee Jerk Reaction??

Grown adults fighting at Bury, some of the foul mouthed abuse aimed at players and managers this season, some very near to the knuckle chanting all season all these done by grown men older than me and i am 41 the club has done nothing to deal with that issue apart from send a pointless mobile number out at one game a few weeks ago all of this far worse than encroachment onto a playing field by a bunch of kids. They should deal with serious issues directly coaches have been attacked on that car park a number of times this season and the club have done what have a guess nothing...I hate with a passion everyone being tarred with the same brush every football supporter in the country was treated like a hooligan in the 80's and 90's because of a minority and the Barry states the club are looking at the £10 season ticket because of this incident..Bollocks it's a joke but i fully expect they will use it as a reason to withdraw it and therefore lose another generation of supporters in the town

Oldest fanbase in the league lets alienate all young fans. Price my kids out and I won't be renewing either - think carefully not all kids are feral pond life.....

That's where i'm at, it's been brilliant this year - i've taken my 2 boys all year converted one from Man City, one from Burnley even though the results and performances have been generally poor. My dad (he's a Bolton fan) came to the match against Colchester a few weeks back to spend some time with me and his grandsons and has been to every home game and the away match at Bury since. I think he'd be back regularly next year. The statement seems a bit convenient to me, been worrying it wouldn't carry on. If it has to go then at least retain it to be linked to an adult season ticket, as someone said in another thread - my boys weren't on the pitch today and i'm sure others of the same age with their dads weren't.

Prozac, out of interest would you have any issues with the club tying a cheap (£10/£50) kids ticket to the purchase of an adult one? Although not ideal, that would seem to be the sensible option to me and would still allow us to encourage young supporters like your girl.