Thank god we turned down brown

I heard about it on talk:censored:e the other night

What a clown! Can all of those who voted for Brown to be our boss in the poll a few months ago please raise their hands? lol

Has there ever been two big headed little idiots more suited that Kyle & Brown

Edited by laticdickovarmy

The worrying thing is Brown must have thought about doing it, got someone at the club to book him, arranged travel for him, invited him into the changing room and not once during that time thought ':censored: me, the lads are going to piss themselves and never respect me after this' bunch of grade A tools the pair of them (although fair play to Kyle he has played a good'un) paid to talk what was proper crap in a changing to professional footballers

Maasive bullet dodged. The guy is a massive tool

Although I do remember you suggested at the time that you thought it wouldn't be a bad appointment, and I replied to you by saying I'd have more faith if your good self was put in charge.

Although I do remember you suggested at the time that you thought it wouldn't be a bad appointment, and I replied to you by saying I'd have more faith if your good self was put in charge.

Not how i remember it? I've slept since then mind so do t hold me to it?

I thought I was argueing that people who were saying no to Sammy Lee, were doing so on the basis of little knowledge of his abilities; and i didnt undertand so much vitriol towards Sammy Lee when there was so little to base it on?

Phil Brown was & is a media nightmare. He loves himself too much.

Not how i remember it? I've slept since then mind so do t hold me to it?

I thought I was argueing that people who were saying no to Sammy Lee, were doing so on the basis of little knowledge of his abilities; and i didnt undertand so much vitriol towards Sammy Lee when there was so little to base it on?

Phil Brown was & is a media nightmare. He loves himself too much.

Just checked on the topic in question and yeah you did think Brown wouldn't be a bad move, I said I'd have more faith with you in charge and you asked if I'd accept a Stallone/Brown partnership. I'd do a copy and paste but I'm on the phone so can't do it or don't know how to. Well it's all worked out pretty good in the end and I doubt any of us would have been happy had LJ's name been linked with the job before he actually got it. Yet that's turned out pretty good.

Well it's all worked out pretty good in the end and I doubt any of us would have been happy had LJ's name been linked with the job before he actually got it. Yet that's turned out pretty good.

Easy there fella, he's been in charge for less than 1000 minutes of football.

Had the misfortune of listening to his 'expert' analysis on the Hull game on Radio 5 yesterday. "I think this would be Stevie's ideal scenario, Hull winning and not having to rely on other results." You think that, do you, Phil? Thanks for that insight. At least if he's inflicting his delusional bull:censored: on Southend we should have less of his media work to put up with.

Easy there fella, he's been in charge for less than 1000 minutes of football.

Yeah I guess your right, but after hearing LJ speak and witnessing our end of season resurgence I've never felt as optimistic about a manager since Dowie was in charge.

Yeah I guess your right, but after hearing LJ speak and witnessing our end of season resurgence I've never felt as optimistic about a manager since Dowie was in charge.

To be fair, Dickov had us in sixth place at the end of February in his first season.

• 1 month later...

He's appointed Penney as his assistant at Southend :lol:

If true, and if the tactical genius that is DP has any say in the matter, they'll have one or two attacking midfielders and strikers being released whilst on the lookout for RBs, LBs and CBs who have never even seen, let alone crossed, a half way line in their lives. Southend's fans are gonna love watching this. :goggle:

If true, and if the tactical genius that is DP has any say in the matter, they'll have one or two attacking midfielders and strikers being released whilst on the lookout for RBs, LBs and CBs who have never even seen, let alone crossed, a half way line in their lives. Southend's fans are gonna love watching this. :goggle:

Not forgetting a player they will be excited about, only for him to stay 2 years, collect a wage and the fans never see him kick a ball - bonus points if anyone knows who im talking about :P