• Jean Yves M'Voto
    • Craig Fleming
    • Shaun Garnett
    • Paul Warhurst
    • Clint Hill
    • Fitz Hall
    • Mark Hudson
    • Rueben Hazell

Being old enough to remember everybody on that list, there are some very decent players.

will go for Barrett and Warhurst,i don't recall there ever being a central defensive pairing with their pace both went on to play at bigger clubs

You forgot Doug Hodgson.

He was crap! I normally respect your opinion BP but he never once impressed me. The definition of big dozy pillock! Him Sinnott and Graham playing in the same team used to give me nightmares, sometimes Warnock would have Redmond in there too. It was only when Stitch brought Garnett in alongside Graham we looked okish at the back.

Hodgson was a social moron and a pisshead to boot!

Met him in the Isle of Man BP, didn't give a monkeys about Latics he would have run through a brick wall just for the hell of it. He was your typical big dopey Aussie, couldn't wait to move on he said and also stated he purposely tried to injure other players. Wasn't joking either!

Met him in the Isle of Man BP, didn't give a monkeys about Latics he would have run through a brick wall just for the hell of it. He was your typical big dopey Aussie, couldn't wait to move on he said and also stated he purposely tried to injure other players. Wasn't joking either!

Perhaps my memory is clouded, but I seem to remember he was a terrific header of the ball.

Another easy one , Barrett & Warhurst were simply class.The sheer pace of Warhurst & the magnetic man marking of Barrett.

Lots of other good ones , Linighan , Jobson , Marshall (even better forward though) , Futcher , Moore .........

He was crap! I normally respect your opinion BP but he never once impressed me. The definition of big dozy pillock! Him Sinnott and Graham playing in the same team used to give me nightmares, sometimes Warnock would have Redmond in there too. It was only when Stitch brought Garnett in alongside Graham we looked okish at the back.

Hodgson was a social moron and a pisshead to boot!

Hodgson was a legend!! One of the hardest players ever!! I remember him breaking his nose at Cardiff away once, having 10 minutes of attention off the pitch, then comes back on and takes the ball full in the face again after about 2 mins. Just shook it off and carried on.....

Rubbish footballer, mind.....

Ian Marshall started out a centre half... and a bloody good one at that. In fact, part of the reason he left for Ipswich was because Royle wanted him to go back there. Still, Barrett and Jobson win hands down and anyone who suggest otherwise must not have seen them!