Possible Tour to Latvia or Spain

Im in the minority, I'd rather us have some decent home friendlies.

My mates can't afford a pre season tour and work commitments means it is a no go - the possibility of the Russain sdes at home is much more appealing to me

Its short notice so arrange it for next year so fans can go then and play Hudds at home instead

Or

Go this year, some fans won't be able to make it but if it is as success then plan it much earlier for next season and involve the fans then. Don't stop plans because as few may sulk because chances are they will find something else to sulk about anyway like Hudds at home

Depends on the dates, doing supply gives me a degree of flexibility and work tends to dry up in July anyway but I'm committed to marking two exam papers through to about 8 July, then it's raising the funds - I'm already on that but as it was unlikely to be happening a few weeks ago I'm playing catch up.

As long as its not silly money and its after 9/10 July I should be ok

Probably miss out with parents at my place having recently undertaken their rights to all July's holidays. If a game fell over a weekend and flights weren't ridiculously priced though I reckon I'd sort something.

Bit dammed if they do/don't but surely they could've named the dates at least when it was suggested!

from the rarely wrong site:

Latics are considering a money-spinning series of friendlies against Russian opposition to fund a pre-season tour.

There was lots of Russians staying at are campsite in the Ukraine last year. Sadly quite a few kicked off in the Fanzone and before the England v France game. Majority where sound although the Cska Moscow lot gave us each one of there calling cards saying white power but bought everyone drinks. The Spartak fans where sound also. Dynamo lot came across as they didnt like anyone, the Zenit fans where a laugh but we scared one off during Russian v Poland as the England fans out sung him. Met a few Alania Vladikavkaz who seemed interested in English teams.