Possible Tour to Latvia or Spain

This club couldn't find it's arse with both hands!

We're going on a tour, we're not going on a tour, we're going…we're not! Erm we might be….

I know they're looking at trying to secure a sponsor, but fans who want to go will need to get the money together on top of paying for STs and sorting family holidays out to appease 'er indoors…..

Very short notice if it happens and a few that want to go will miss out due to lack of concrete arrangements….

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130516-sponsortour-824065.aspx

New manager - priority to keep team up. Does this.

Can then start planning what he wants from per-season. Gets a couple of English matches arranged . Also explores two possible foreign visits. Club needs sponsorship to help with costs.

Hang on a minute - we can't consider this because we haven't given the statutory notice to fans about the possibility of going away.

No wonder i have you on :censored:ing ignore Pete….

Can we not just go to Scotland?

Be much easier for those that want to go. Sort the foreign tour for next year get the sponsorship in place and give the fans plenty of notice. And Pete the one of Johnson's angles on this was to involve the fans. If you are giving them less than 8 weeks notice, a lot of our fans who want to go will miss out a PR own goal imo looking at it from the vast majority of Latics fans that are on their arse in the current climate….

a good idea, but should of been something better organised... not enough notice for fans to come along now unless they have banks full of money.

something that can be worked towards for next year though, maybe this year go somewhere closer to home

I'd love to go, and could probably do it if it's next year. No chance this year, but if thats what LJ thinks is best then no complaints from me.

this is 70% where I am this year, especially as there's nothing concrete yet. No dates to aim for, no overall cost estimation etc…. Next year not a problem….

If you are giving them less than 8 weeks notice, a lot of our fans who want to go will miss out

but he only joined the club about 8 weeks ago would 16 weeks notice instead of 8 have made a big difference?.

What next - "the guide book says this town in Latvia is :censored:. Typical Latics"?

Edited by HarryBosch

1.) Blah, Blah, Blah; something about teachers and summer holidays. :wink::grin:

2.) It won't be in the last week of July, as we have 2 friendlies already arranged then; when we went to Portugal last July it was between the 13th and 20th are schools off then?

3.) Related to 2.) Last season the season started 2 weeks later than this season, shouldn't that mean pre-season starts earlier too?

EDIT According to Matt Chambers the tour is probably going to be in the second week of July, are schools off then?

4.) Lots of people presumably booked their summer holiday before LDJ came in as it is often cheaper. As Harry Bosch said is the difference between 8 weeks notice and 16 weeks notice is perhaps not significant.

5.) For it to matter the club has to actually go, which seems unlikely without sponsorship.

6.) Perhaps the club should plan to go on tour next summer, that way it can have more time to get the required sponsorship and scout good locations. Personally I'd prefer somewhere with a bit of altitude for pre-season training but that's me looking at the scientific benefit alone without considering the costs.

Edited by rudemedic

This club couldn't find it's arse with both hands!

We're going on a tour, we're not going on a tour, we're going…we're not! Erm we might be….

I know they're looking at trying to secure a sponsor, but fans who want to go will need to get the money together on top of paying for STs and sorting family holidays out to appease 'er indoors…..

Very short notice if it happens and a few that want to go will miss out due to lack of concrete arrangements….

http://www.oldhamath...our-824065.aspx

and you are that arse.