New signing to be announced on Monday or Tuesday

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it different to saying that's hoping to sign someone during a press conference?

It's the connotations with Twitter. I'm not on it in truth but it seems to go wrong for most footballers.

Players get stick going on there and now the gaffer's on it. Just not for me.

It isn't. But I think the post is pointing to what could come of it if things start going wrong on the pitch.

Not a lot. He rarely (if ever) replies and just uses it to broadcast. When the idiots pile in, daresay he'll ignore them or not bother to read them. He seems quite savvy as to how it all works.

Not a lot. He rarely (if ever) replies and just uses it to broadcast. When the idiots pile in, daresay he'll ignore them or not bother to read them. He seems quite savvy as to how it all works.

Imagine there's been a conversation witn SC about using it as a medium as I can't imagine a rookie manager would want to piss off his new employers by giving information on there without 'consent'.

Still in the honeymoon period but like others have said if it goes downhill it could be messy. Hardly a major issue but I'd have just not gone down that route. Do other managers comment on there about players etc?

I'll shut up if the signing turns out to be a gem.

Has as anyone warned him what will happen when we don't win if he persists with twitter?

He has said he is "big enough and ugly enough" to cope with the criticism that will come with the tweeting.

For a young manager he seems very level-headed.... unlike the likes of Karl Robinson.

Also he's in the studio for Sky for the Yeovil v Brentford playoff final tomorrow.

Good player isn't he a similar type to Wes?

From that wiki

Simon William Ferry (born 11 January 1988) is a Scottish professional footballer who is a free agent following his release from Swindon Town.

Ferry started his career with Scottish Premier League club Celtic but never played for the club. He spent the 2009–10 season on loan at Swindon who then signed him permanently at the end of the deal for £300,000.

Ferry has played for the Scotland national under-19 football team and featured for them at the 2006 European Under-19 Championship.

Where has Simon Ferry's name come from? If he transferred [from Celtic to Swindon] for £300k, I'm guessing his wage will be out of our depth? The website that isn't supposed to be referenced on here says, 37yo Jamie Cureton - can't see that either myself.

I thought LJ said, one unproven, one slightly more proven (about a fortnight ago)? If so, JCH is the latter, the former is gonna be someone who's not played in L1, so not Simon Ferry or Jamie Cureton?

Where has Simon Ferry's name come from? If he transferred [from Celtic to Swindon] for £300k, I'm guessing his wage will be out of our depth? The website that isn't supposed to be referenced on here says, 37yo Jamie Cureton - can't see that either myself.

I thought LJ said, one unproven, one slightly more proven (about a fortnight ago)? If so, JCH is the latter, the former is gonna be someone who's not played in L1, so not Simon Ferry or Jamie Cureton?

Too be fair, it may not be one of those signings he previously refered to...

Ferry would be an excellent signing, gotta be better than Furman last season