THANK YOU AND NOTICE OF AN EVENT

As many of you will appreciate the last 24 hours have been somewhat hectic to say the least.

I have had numerous messages, telephone call, e mails and texts from fans who have been concerned about recent events.

This just illustrates the support and feeling that people have for our club and I just want to thank you all for showing so much interest and taking the time to contact me.

I hope that my statements and interview have gone some way to alleviating fans fears and anxieties.

Please feel free to make contact at any time.

An announcement will be made shortly about an event in July at the Village Hotel, Ashton-u-Lyne. Details will appear on the official site when arrangements have been finalised. Suffice to say that the manager Lee Johnson is keen to give fans an opportunity to meet the playing staff before the season starts. The night will include a buffet and entertainment.

This should be a great night with some new faces around. !!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Barry

UPDATE THE OAFC TRUST CONSTITUTION!

GIVE THE FANS THE VOICE ON THE BOARD THEY PAID FOR!

http://trustoldham.co.uk/pages/about-us/trust-oldham-going-forward.aspx

http://trustoldham.co.uk/pages/about-us/constitution-and-aims.aspx

In a time of change, Trust Oldham always consider the long term future of the club and base any decisions or approvals on what is best for Oldham Athletic and therefore the fans.

In the matters that count, why is there no member or supporter consultation before the collective opinion of the Trusts membership is voiced at board level?

UPDATE THE OAFC TRUST CONSTITUTION!

GIVE THE FANS THE VOICE ON THE BOARD THEY PAID FOR!

http://trustoldham.co.uk/pages/about-us/trust-oldham-going-forward.aspx

http://trustoldham.co.uk/pages/about-us/constitution-and-aims.aspx

In the matters that count, why is there no member or supporter consultation before the collective opinion of the Trusts membership is voiced at board level?

I don't think the Trust website has been updated since its birth - it still describes Matty Wolfenden as rising talent.

I know Rick works hard to keep the Trust Site (built by me) up to date... but some of the core content may well be out of date.

I met with Rick last month about the Trust Website, and how we can improve it and we will likely start again from scratch with a new platform that is easier for everyone at the Trust to update and not just one person... and in fact I myself will be a bit more actively involved again fingers crossed.

If you have any suggestions for the site, let myself an Rick know - and we will try our best to meet everyone's expectations :)

Darren

I know Rick works hard to keep the Trust Site (built by me) up to date... but some of the core content may well be out of date.

I met with Rick last month about the Trust Website, and how we can improve it and we will likely start again from scratch with a new platform that is easier for everyone at the Trust to update and not just one person... and in fact I myself will be a bit more actively involved again fingers crossed.

If you have any suggestions for the site, let myself an Rick know - and we will try our best to meet everyone's expectations :)

Darren

Cheers, Daz. I think the issue is, would you be wasting your time? Does anyone read it? Will anyone read it, if you rebuild it?

I think the Trust has got an awful lot of work to do, to re-engage with the majority of fans and, until people start to believe it is performing a valuable function, the website will have a very limited audience.

Cheers, Daz. I think the issue is, would you be wasting your time? Does anyone read it? Will anyone read it, if you rebuild it?

I think the Trust has got an awful lot of work to do, to re-engage with the majority of fans and, until people start to believe it is performing a valuable function, the website will have a very limited audience.

Agreed. Build bridges before websites.

Who are the Trust Directors these days? How many are there? What goes on at the meetings? I'm sure there are are loads of Really Good Things going on and everybody is very busy, but questions like this would never arise if there was a decent level of comminication. Where are the minutes of the meetings? We've been down this road before.

DISBAND THE DIRECTORS. REDELIVER THE PRINCIPLES. REBUILD THE TRUST.

Give the fans the voice (and the ears it seems) on the board they paid for! Make the Trust work for the club.

Barry would have been re-elected at the AGM. My question though is for Barry directly, I appreciate some items may have to be kept in house or may be confidential in nature but any meeting you attend under the role of chairman of the supporters trust resulting in a place on the latics board, therefore representing the fans, you should publish the minutes on the trust website or e-mail them out. I apologise if this already happens and if that is the case you may be able to point me in the right direction? If its not possible to publish what SC says you should be able to demonstrate your involvement to the fans and have a clear auditable chain of communication for all to see?

Who are the Trust Directors these days? How many are there? What goes on at the meetings? I'm sure there are are loads of Really Good Things going on and everybody is very busy, but questions like this would never arise if there was a decent level of comminication. Where are the minutes of the meetings? We've been down this road before.

DISBAND THE DIRECTORS. REDELIVER THE PRINCIPLES. REBUILD THE TRUST.

Give the fans the voice (and the ears it seems) on the board they paid for! Make the Trust work for the club.

PV for fans' rep!

PV for fans' rep!

As much as I side with their view on the trust I'd rather not. This place wasn't as much fun when it was too closely linked with the trust.

"Who robs crayfish of their sight?"

Edited by rudemedic

The Constitution is woolly and out-dated. In matters that mean the most, Trust members are not contacted or consulted. The result may be the same but the procedure has to change, the communication between trust members and its directors has to get better.

You all shook buckets. You all put your loose change in the buckets, week after week. You all got signatures for petitions. You marched from the Town Hall to the ground. It's your club, you will be here long after the owners are gone. Shape the future.

TRANSPARENCY. REPRESENTATION. COMMUNICATION. IMPROVEMENT. FOCUS.

People put their faith in a lot less.

True.

But I'm an atheist.

Seriously, the Pine Villains front was fine while it was an internet satirist. But now I get the feeling PV is confusing itself with V for Vendetta. And that only works in movies.

If you really have the interests of the club and trust at heart, people need to see your face.

I think the steps the trust need to take to reengage are incredibly simple... I just wish they would take them.

Face or not what PV is saying is right. Does he (or she) need to show his face to have an opinion? Surely being a latics fan is the only bit that matters...

I think a new website would be an I important communication tool for the trust as part of that rebuilding. But unless it has things like minutes (leaving out anything of real confidentiality) of meeting attend by the fans repersentive it would be of little point. What's the point of the role if its not giving us the insight we all paid towards?

I can't believe how long its been and none of this has been sorted still. I guess everyone is happy or no one really cares about it all (the trust, the share holding etc) enough anymore, which is a shame. I get the feeling the latter is probably more true.

Edited by oafc0000

I think the steps the trust need to take to reengage are incredibly simple... I just wish they would take them.

Face or not what PV is saying is right. Does he (or she) need to show his face to have an opinion? Surely being a latics fan is the only bit that matters...

I think a new website would be an I important communication tool for the trust as part of that rebuilding. But unless it has things like minutes (leaving out anything of real confidentiality) of meeting attend by the fans repersentive it would be of little point. What's the point of the role if its not giving us the insight we all paid towards?

I can't believe how long its been and none of this has been sorted still. I guess everyone is happy or no one really cares about it all (the trust, the share holding etc) enough anymore, which is a shame. I get the feeling the latter is probably more true.

I think part of the problem is that it is very difficult to get into a dialogue with Barry.

Barry replied to a PM I sent him very quickly a few weeks ago. However, his response was in my view unsatisfactory and I have made further comments on here. I am sure he is a busy man and does not check on here all the time. Yet a number of comments have been made in threads he has commented in or started and I am positive he has seen them but is for whatever reason refusing to make any comment. I can only infer he does not wish to engage. There have been plenty of other posters who have raised questions of Barry and his role and he simply doesn't reply. They are not faceless. I am not faceless to Barry - he knows my name as I did not believe it proper to engage in a PM conversation with him when I knew who he was and he didn't know who I was.

After a while people just get fed up of trying to chase him for a response. I know I have. It's ridiculous. There's only so many times you can bump a thread before it just gets boring (and by the time it's boring for you it's certainly boring for everyone else clicking on the thread!). Without an open dialogue it's hard to hold somebody to account and obtain answers and assurance sought.