MEN/Advertiser Latest

Shame about JYM, but I guess it was to be expected. Hopefully these loan defenders have got the potential to come straight in to the side!

On a side note, just seen on SSN that Hearts have put their entire team up for sale due to debts, wonder if LJ has his eye on anybody?

Edited by dec666

Shame about JYM but lets hope these loans are good enough.

Dont particularly like depending on loans but if they are 1 year deals then hopefully we can build a team with them

Agree, but Burn at Yeovil was a monster - on a 12 month loan from Fulham I think. I we can nab someone like that then who knows. The last lad CB we had on loan from Fulham was very good

Hudson….

JYM brought goals to his game last season and Tarky is always a threat, so as well as being a decent defender we need any loanee CB to be a threat in the Oppo's box….

Is it just me that is very worried about next season? I know it's still early, but no signing so far has given me a whole load of confidence yet that we're assembling a side that is going to match the lip service that Paul Murray, Corney, LJ have been saying regarding promotion being the target. I think staying up is going to be a huge ask given the division WILL be stronger next season by quite a distance.

Is it just me that is very worried about next season? I know it's still early, but no signing so far has given me a whole load of confidence yet that we're assembling a side that is going to match the lip service that Paul Murray, Corney, LJ have been saying regarding promotion being the target. I think staying up is going to be a huge ask given the division WILL be stronger next season by quite a distance.

Still early, I will share your concerns if we are still in the same position in a months time.

The only thing giving me hope at this current stage is that Yeovil did it last year and none of us would have expected that.

Agree, but Burn at Yeovil was a monster - on a 12 month loan from Fulham I think. I we can nab someone like that then who knows. The last lad CB we had on loan from Fulham was very good

Hudson….

JYM brought goals to his game last season and Tarky is always a threat, so as well as being a decent defender we need any loanee CB to be a threat in the Oppo's box….

I met Hudson last summer at a charity bash, he was a really nice bloke and said he thoroughly enjoyed his time at Latics. His missus was absolutely delighted that someone remembered and appreciated him from when he was younger and less well known. She was that delighted that she got Mark to take a picture of her with me and my mate, which I'm sure is the wrong way round. (There may well have been alcohol involved - drink responsibly kids)

As for this team, really a long term loan from Prem club is scarcely different to signing a player on a one year contract, so a no brainer for me. It's the amount of one and two month loans that do my crust in.

Don't worry. Don't forget, no-one thought Yeovil, Trashmere and Walsall would be up there this season. Team spirit, fitness and organisation can get you far. We're a long way from the finished article yet. I know we've lost some players but these were the bozos that were useless for most of last season.

As for this team, really a long term loan from Prem club is scarcely different to signing a player on a one year contract, so a no brainer for me. It's the amount of one and two month loans that do my crust in.

This, this and this. The only danger is the player being recalled mid season.

You keep chopping at a tree Jamie then it will fall.

We offered deals to Croft, Smith and JYM and all have or are likely to have walked. Byrne could be going too and I expect Wes to push for a move as I've heard LJ doesn't fancy him.

I'd still like to see an experienced CB, Midfielder and Striker arrive. Enthusiastic kids are all well and good and I trust LJ to bring the right type of quality in but when you are knee deep in the muck and bullets of a relegation battle sometimes experience is vital and whilst Dayton & Sid excite me, neither's appearance records are exceptional suggesting there's a fair few injuries in there - especially Sid, moving at that speed at a Baltic BP will ping his hamstrings in no time.

I agree the division will be stronger and Wolves will walk it - Jackett knows this division well….

So…..

New GK

Loanee RB

Tarky

Loanee CB

Grounds

Sid

Mellor

Experienced CM

Dayton

Baxter

JCH

Subs:

Simpson

Glenn

Millar

Winchester

Gossett

Cooper

That's where i'm at

Or it could be a ruse, 'look how :censored: our budget is', 'We HAVE to sell JB to allow us to be competitive….'

BUT ages to go yet, still 7 1/2 weeks to go until kick off and nearly 12 weeks until the deadline, so not panicking just yet. I just want to get to September 1st with JB in the team….

Edited by oafcprozac

This, this and this. The only danger is the player being recalled mid season.

Have a clause that doesnt allow it, Look at the lesser prem teams, Norwich - Korey Smith wasnt even close to catching, get a lad 20 years old and I bet there are 5 CBs in front of him at most clubs

You keep chopping at a tree Jamie then it will fall.

We offered deals to Croft, Smith and JYM and all have or are likely to have walked. Byrne could be going too and I expect Wes to push for a move as I've heard LJ doesn't fancy him.

I'd still like to see an experienced CB, Midfielder and Striker arrive. Enthusiastic kids are all well and good and I trust LJ to bring the right type of quality in but when you are knee deep in the muck and bullets of a relegation battle sometimes experience is vital and whilst Dayton & Sid excite me, neither's appearance records are exceptional suggesting there's a fair few injuries in there - especially Sid, moving at that speed at a Baltic BP will ping his hamstrings in no time.

I agree the division will be stronger and Wolves will walk it - Jackett knows this division well….

So…..

New GK

Loanee RB

Tarky

Loanee CB

Grounds

Sid

Mellor

Experienced CM

Dayton

Baxter

JCH

Subs:

Simpson

Glenn

Millar

Winchester

Gossett

Cooper

That's where i'm at

Or it could be a ruse, 'look how :censored: our budget is', 'We HAVE to sell JB to allow us to be competitive….'

BUT ages to go yet, still 7 1/2 weeks to go until kick off and nearly 12 weeks until the deadline, so not panicking just yet. I just want to get to September 1st with JB in the team….

Brown doesnt even make your bench........

no signing so far has given me a whole load of confidence

Clarke Harris scored 4 in 12 in a shocking Bury side last season - we should be a better team than that and he should be a better player, and OUR player.

Dayton looks close to the highest calibre of player you could expect to get in this league with our money.

Schmeltz I'll give you but, who knows?

It sounds like the striker will be a known quantity when he finally arrives.

Dayton looks ok to me. Better than I expected to get in.

Schmeltz has a better name than I expected.

If we are this thin in 5 weeks time I'll be worried. At the moment, I'm not.

Johnson said he wanted a squad of 20-22 players. He has 16 contracted and two more likely to (Millar and Winchester). We're not a million miles away from a full squad.

Yes, that includes some young players (Gosset, Cooper, Belezika, Simpson, Sutherland), but they're contracted professionals (not youth teamers) so if they can't step up to at least regular sub appearances why did we keep them on?

In my opinion, we'll see: one keeper; one or two centre backs (to replace Mvoto and, if he goes, Byrne), maybe a right back, and one striker. Depending on where Wes fits into his plans, maybe another central midfielder, and maybe one more striker, possibly on loan.