M'Voto 85% gone and several keeper names mentioned

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Brown's bobbins, what about Jim Goodwin? Or am I dreaming?

I might be on my own here, but I thought there was something in Brown that could be nurtured into a reasonable L1 RB.

*Cue the jokes*

Edited by Bristolatic

I thought we picked him up in a free after he was released by United. And, if I'm wrong, I'd rather not know that we paid cash for such a grossly :censored: player.

We ought to start a poll on which was Clegg's worst game. It could be the longest poll in the history of OWTB; you'd have to list every feckin' game he played.

Isn't it funny how this thread started off about JYM and goalkeepers and developed into Wabara, Brown, Clegg and RBs in general. Oh well.

Was I dreaming or did we pay £500k for him?

You were dreaming. He was a freebie.

Even under CM we didn't pay much in transfer fees. Just a tonne in wages.

I do remember at one point though we were heavily linked with breaking our transfer record on John Oster. I think we were supposed to be prepared to pay about £1 million.

http://www.oldhamathletic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/sunderland_winger_john_oster_targeted_by_latics_15524/index.shtml

You were dreaming. He was a freebie.

Even under CM we didn't pay much in transfer fees. Just a tonne in wages.

I do remember at one point though we were heavily linked with breaking our transfer record on John Oster. I think we were supposed to be prepared to pay about £1 million.

http://www.oldhamathletic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/sunderland_winger_john_oster_targeted_by_latics_15524/index.shtml

Feel better now that there was no fee, but we probably paid a fair wedge for his salary

Wiki again:

Clegg spent time on loan at Ipswich Town and Wigan Athletic, before he joined Division Two club Oldham Athletic on a free transfer on 19 February 2002. In his first season Oldham qualified for the Division Two playoffs, but the club then went into administration and Clegg helped a heavily reshaped squad stay clear of relegation in his final season before retiring as a professional footballer at the age of 27.

Clegg was appointed by Roy Keane as Sunderland's strength and conditioning coach.Clegg's father, Mike, is strength and conditioning coach at Manchester United.

Jason McAteer, Darren Ferguson, Eddie Howe, Jon Newby and Craig Faulconbridge were all subject of big money bids by us... Our situation could have been much worse if they had gone through...

Especially when you consider how the careers of Newby, Faulconbridge and Oster never developed into anything. We would have ended up buying them at the (pitifully low) peak of their careers

Jason McAteer, Darren Ferguson, Eddie Howe, Jon Newby and Craig Faulconbridge were all subject of big money bids by us... Our situation could have been much worse if they had gone through...

Possibly exclude Eddie Howe from that list, we might have got promoted and had him as manager!

https://twitter.com/...8096513/photo/1

unless he's had a facelift it aint big Jean

Id say thats the other 15% of him gone, thats deffo him ,unless hes got a twin brother ! Dont mind when players move like this, its a big club with ambitions and the support to be in the prem,good move for him i suspect. Think he will do ok tbh , good luck big Jean. Now we should have a suitable wage free to replace him easily enough

Id say thats the other 15% of him gone, thats deffo him ,unless hes got a twin brother ! Dont mind when players move like this, its a big club with ambitions and the support to be in the prem,good move for him i suspect. Think he will do ok tbh , good luck big Jean. Now we should have a suitable wage free to replace him easily enough

Def JVM, the other guy doesn't have his frame.