Concerts/gigs/festivals at BP

I could be entirely wrong here, but I am sure that it was either Alan Hardy or Simon Corney who said that the club were looking at using Boundary Park as a ground for concerts and gigs and they published a list of potential artists who were interested in playing. What ever happened to this idea? Sounded a decent profit maker. http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news/65783/biggest-names-in-music-could-star-at-boundary-park

The Boss!

When stood on the Wembley pitch last night I couldn't help but think that I'd have enjoyed it so much more at BP.

He's playing other league 1 grounds (Ricoh) and amateur Scottish grounds (Hampden) so why not?!

Edited by bossrocks

The Boss!

When stood on the Wembley pitch last night I couldn't help but think that I'd have enjoyed it so much more at BP.

He's playing other league 1 grounds (Ricoh) and amateur Scottish grounds (Hampden) so why not?!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38838&hl=

Managed to get about 6 from the front at Wembley last night thanks to an insane wife and an intricate queuing system that demanded the sacrifice of a weekend. Well worth it, but my feet kill.

I'd have preferred a season ticket holder's priority pass at BP!

(Met a complete stranger in the queue - o4u Jr adeptly moved the conversation to football and discovered she's a Latics fan from Shaw. Small world).

I could be entirely wrong here, but I am sure that it was either Alan Hardy or Simon Corney who said that the club were looking at using Boundary Park as a ground for concerts and gigs and they published a list of potential artists who were interested in playing. What ever happened to this idea? Sounded a decent profit maker. http://www.oldham-ch...t-boundary-park

I work in events/concerts and promotion etc and although its a nice idea BP just isn't big enough to make it a viable option for a promoter to book it for a stadium gigs/tours. Stadium gigs take a lot of room and by the time you add the large costs surrounded with stadium shows you wouldn't get enough people into the place to break even. Agree family events/fun days etc may work but they don't generate lots of income.

I work in events/concerts and promotion etc and although its a nice idea BP just isn't big enough to make it a viable option for a promoter to book it for a stadium gigs/tours. Stadium gigs take a lot of room and by the time you add the large costs surrounded with stadium shows you wouldn't get enough people into the place to break even. Agree family events/fun days etc may work but they don't generate lots of income.

Elton John played at Chesterfield last year.

Elton John played at Chesterfield last year.

Thats a new stadium so will have been built with the infrastructure in place to make it work if it was in the business plan from day 1. I would love it if they could pull it off and make it attractive as it could bring some good income I just can't see it.

Thats a new stadium so will have been built with the infrastructure in place to make it work if it was in the business plan from day 1. I would love it if they could pull it off and make it attractive as it could bring some good income I just can't see it.

Fair enough.

While I can understand NIMBYs blocking an event I'd have thought getting 20,000 into a stadium (many on the pitch) would be viable.

What "infrastructure" would you expect a new stadium such as Chesterfield or Falkirk to have that BP doesn't have?

Edited by opinions4u

Fair enough.

While I can understand NIMBYs blocking an event I'd have thought getting 20,000 into a stadium (many on the pitch) would be viable.

What "infrastructure" would you expect a new stadium such as Chesterfield or Falkirk to have that BP doesn't have?

Bars and Toilets!!!

Fair enough.

Yeh your right in the NIMBYS doing everything in their power to stop it...thats why it would be good for it to happen ha ha!

To be fair I haven't been to the new Chesterfield stadium of Falkirks are they close to housing or in industrial type estates? Sound complantes would be a massive issue for the group mentioned above.

Sounds silly but things like electrical power would be a stumbling block I would think. I know we currently run floodlights etc but the power sound systems and lighting pull for big stadium events/concerts is huge. Generators are an option around this but they are very expensive and places like Heaton Park when they have events run off them but they can have 70,000 people at an event to the income allows it. There is nothing to say that when the new stadium is built this isn't in the plans and I would hope it is so not restrict its use. New stadiums such as Chesterfield and Falkirk (2004 it opened i think) will have had all this put in when the new electrics had been added and the cost would be less that way than us adding power from my experience. Just a few thoughts but all things are possible if enough parties can work together to make it happen.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38838&hl=

Managed to get about 6 from the front at Wembley last night thanks to an insane wife and an intricate queuing system that demanded the sacrifice of a weekend. Well worth it, but my feet kill.

I'd have preferred a season ticket holder's priority pass at BP!

(Met a complete stranger in the queue - o4u Jr adeptly moved the conversation to football and discovered she's a Latics fan from Shaw. Small world).

Queuing systems at gigs?

#againstmodernconcerts

I try to keep out of it, but I'm jealous she (and you) were at Wembley! But if Springsteen rocked up at Boundary Park I could be persuaded..

I'd suggest it's worth seeing him at least once in a lifetime. Although we've done six in the last year which is a tad excessive. I do think this year might be his last with the E Street Band.

I'd love Latics to host gigs at BP. Partly for the income. Mainly for the convenience.