Thinking of staying over for Crawley away at end of Septmeber, do any of the southern fans on here know whether its a decent night out? or can you recommend any nearby places which would be better to stay over?

I used to live just outside Crawley, and I would not say it has top night life!!! Prozac is much closer in his description!

However, because it is close to Gatwick, there are plenty of relatively cheap hotels.

Stayed in Premier Inn/Lodge (whatever it was called) and knew the holiday Inn Express to be fine.

Still have mates there, but it is 15 years since Lived there.

From what I saw of it last season it's a complete :censored: hole

It's not as nice at that. Comlete understatement. I'd go for Brighton. And don't get to the ground too late; the queueing at that stupid little kiosk for tickets takes for ever and it's at the other end of the ground to the away end.

Edited by Bristolatic

No flights to Gatwick any more, they binned the route.

ah right, you'd think airports number 2 and 3(I think?) would be able to keep a direct flight going. Then again I suppose if you're going down on business you're better of with LHR.