Glastonbury 2013

Matt

First one I couldn't get a ticket for 4 years. Gutted I wont be there this year.

The line up isn't that great for me this year (bar the stones obviously and a few others) Glasto is all about the stone circle and after hours though.

Couldn't bare to be watching it on TV, so I'm off to Amsterdam on friday.

Enjoy, I'm sure you all will.

Edited by pukka

I went in 1992 (touch me, I'm that hip!) ha a great time, the line up wasn't great that year but managed to see who I wanted to see. As is always said, Glastonbury isn't about the line-up, lying on the grass around the Pyramid stage on the Sunday afternoon with Buddy Guy doing his thang is a great member and as an indie kid at the time I wouldn't have given the old blues man much time.

I've just checked the line-up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups#1992

Feck me! With a few more years of experience and better planning I could have seen:

Lou Reed

The House of Love

The Breeders

Van Morrison

The Orb

Primal Scream

The Shamen

Curve

Lush

Spiritualised

Blur

Tom Jones

Neds

Teenage Fanclub

The bands I can remember seeing:

Carter

Blur

Curve

Lush

A bit of the primals

Neds

Buddy Guy

Richard Thompson

The vibe of the place was amazing, I left there a changed person. If I went today though I would have a life stretch ahead of me, there is no one on this earth that I could cope being in close proximity to so many people. Especially the accountants and Tarquins and Chlamydias that go today. Plus I would need to be in a Winnebago at the very least and I would not enjoy the limits on the amount of booze you can take in. Finally I would also spend the whole weekend complaining that it wasn't as good as it used to be.

These days I am happy to watch it on the telly from the comfort of my own home, can go and get another glass of wine from the kitchen or grab another bottle out of the garage and expel the excess in our en suite bathroom having paused live TV and fast forwarding through the Jo Whiley bits.

Look out for my ugly mush! And Raggy!

I'm there. Does Raggy have a Latics tattoo on his belly? I met a Latics fan called Dave (I think) at Kendal Calling last year who had a Latics tattoo on his belly. Although we were both pretty tanked so some of these details might be skewed.

If he wasn't called Dave does anyone know who it was?

I went in 1992 (touch me, I'm that hip!) ha a great time, the line up wasn't great that year but managed to see who I wanted to see. As is always said, Glastonbury isn't about the line-up, lying on the grass around the Pyramid stage on the Sunday afternoon with Buddy Guy doing his thang is a great member and as an indie kid at the time I wouldn't have given the old blues man much time.

I've just checked the line-up http://en.wikipedia....l_line-ups#1992

Feck me! With a few more years of experience and better planning I could have seen:

Lou Reed

The House of Love

The Breeders

Van Morrison

The Orb

Primal Scream

The Shamen

Curve

Lush

Spiritualised

Blur

Tom Jones

Neds

Teenage Fanclub

The bands I can remember seeing:

Carter

Blur

Curve

Lush

A bit of the primals

Neds

Buddy Guy

Richard Thompson

The vibe of the place was amazing, I left there a changed person. If I went today though I would have a life stretch ahead of me, there is no one on this earth that I could cope being in close proximity to so many people. Especially the accountants and Tarquins and Chlamydias that go today. Plus I would need to be in a Winnebago at the very least and I would not enjoy the limits on the amount of booze you can take in. Finally I would also spend the whole weekend complaining that it wasn't as good as it used to be.

These days I am happy to watch it on the telly from the comfort of my own home, can go and get another glass of wine from the kitchen or grab another bottle out of the garage and expel the excess in our en suite bathroom having paused live TV and fast forwarding through the Jo Whiley bits.

What limits to booze? A bit of innovation you can take in as much as you want. A couple of years ago I took an extra suitcase full of cider on the coach (which the driver grumbled about) as the normal tickets had run out so had to get a ticket and coach package. You can easily hide bottles of spirits but i've also just decanted into other acceptable receptacles.

Though it is rather busy and after having done quite a few festivals, i'm a bit 'been there, worn the T-shirt' about it.

I'd heard that they were limiting what you could take in to "what you can carry" by someone who was going on and on at length about this. I've had a look on their website and this http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/drink says "If you're bringing your own alcohol to the Festival, remember that amounts considered beyond reasonable personal use will be confiscated at the gate. All glass bottles will also be confiscated - you must decant all contents into plastic bottles before you come to site. Beer tents on site are run by the Workers Beer Company and Avalon bars. The prices are equivalent to London pub prices."

I know that my "reasonable personal use" for a 3-4 day festival would probably exceed most people's "reasonable", I can do 2-3 bottles of red on a night as it is, lord knows what I'd plan on getting through if I decided to go for it.

But then I found this:

"In reference to the email about alcohol that went out to Glastonbury 2013 ticket holders this morning, my personal preference is for people that come to our festival to drink much less!

However, Glastonbury remains the only major festival that allows people to bring their own alcohol in, and you are still OK to bring your own alcohol through the gates, providing it’s just for your own use (whether it’s on a trolley or not).

Michael Eavis"

The lad that was going on about this has gone several times and used a trolley to get the booze in, it would appear that Eavis is happy for you to do what you want but the people on the gates may have other instructions. I do agree with him that London prices can :censored: right off!

They say a lot of things. Last time we took a trolly full with bottles of whiskey and vodka strapped to that. We left a keg in the van (we hired a white van to bring maximum booze) - went back to it on the thursday morning and brought another trolly.

I'd heard that they were limiting what you could take in to "what you can carry" by someone who was going on and on at length about this. I've had a look on their website and this http://www.glastonbu...on/advice/drink says "If you're bringing your own alcohol to the Festival, remember that amounts considered beyond reasonable personal use will be confiscated at the gate. All glass bottles will also be confiscated - you must decant all contents into plastic bottles before you come to site. Beer tents on site are run by the Workers Beer Company and Avalon bars. The prices are equivalent to London pub prices."

I know that my "reasonable personal use" for a 3-4 day festival would probably exceed most people's "reasonable", I can do 2-3 bottles of red on a night as it is, lord knows what I'd plan on getting through if I decided to go for it.

But then I found this:

"In reference to the email about alcohol that went out to Glastonbury 2013 ticket holders this morning, my personal preference is for people that come to our festival to drink much less!

However, Glastonbury remains the only major festival that allows people to bring their own alcohol in, and you are still OK to bring your own alcohol through the gates, providing it’s just for your own use (whether it’s on a trolley or not).

Michael Eavis"

The lad that was going on about this has gone several times and used a trolley to get the booze in, it would appear that Eavis is happy for you to do what you want but the people on the gates may have other instructions. I do agree with him that London prices can :censored: right off!

I think they have said that to stop people selling booze, there are a lot of people who take in a lot of booze on trolleys as per pukka says.

I'm there. Does Raggy have a Latics tattoo on his belly? I met a Latics fan called Dave (I think) at Kendal Calling last year who had a Latics tattoo on his belly. Although we were both pretty tanked so some of these details might be skewed.

Small world. I suspect that was my rotund midriff! 17 and drunk but it doesn't take a lot to get it out.

I'm still not over never being able to go to Primavera Sound again for years and years. That's been 2 years and counting.

Anyway, bollocks to Glasto. Weezer are doing what's called The Weezer Cruise next Feb. a big cruise liner setting off from Jacksonville, Florida to Barbados. Secluded gigs by the likes of Cat Power on a secluded desert island. A concert on an ocean at the sun sets. :censored: like that. Only $1,300 per person.

*cries some more*

I'm still not over never being able to go to Primavera Sound again for years and years. That's been 2 years and counting.

Anyway, bollocks to Glasto. Weezer are doing what's called The Weezer Cruise next Feb. a big cruise liner setting off from Jacksonville, Florida to Barbados. Secluded gigs by the likes of Cat Power on a secluded desert island. A concert on an ocean at the sun sets. :censored: like that. Only $1,300 per person.

*cries some more*

Jacksonville to Barbados sounds like a week long cruise, if not more. $1300 pp for a week long Caribbean cruise without Wheezer is not that bad value I reckon, so add in Wheezer and it might be a good deal.

Feb is supposedly a good time to go to the Caribbean too.

Jacksonville to Barbados sounds like a week long cruise, if not more. $1300 pp for a week long Caribbean cruise without Wheezer is not that bad value I reckon, so add in Wheezer and it might be a good deal.

Feb is supposedly a good time to go to the Caribbean too.

It's something like Thursday to Sunday apparently. The Presidential Suite is $6,000 each. Lineup looks stunning too.

Oh just shurrup about it please. It's sending me into a right dark place all this. Sniff.

Possibly Longtimeblue

Johnny Marr, Orb (aged 53 and 55 - :censored: me where has the time gone *shakes head in disbelief*) although they should have been playing at 3AM not 3PM or whatever it was, Azealia Banks, Miles Kane, and Calexico my highlights. Not picked up :censored: Buttons yet, will watch later. Bit upset that the Ruen Brothers briefly got a mention on BBC, s'pose they can't play them all.