• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

Dean Furman he was captain here for a few years, decent enough player moving to a higher level, captain of South Africa as well

And

Paul Dickov, former manager here, didn't work out for him so everyone seems to hate him now

I'm sure you find more on wikipedia if you don't remember them

Palmer1 - I don't think everyone hates him as such, just the way our "captain fantastic" jumped ship in the middle of a relegation battle.

I don't care what offers you get elsewhere, you just do not do that....

He was out of contract at the end of the season and we now get a fee by all accounts. Do you really think we tried to persuade him to stay?

Palmer1 - I don't think everyone hates him as such, just the way our "captain fantastic" jumped ship in the middle of a relegation battle.

Given the chance to move out of a relegation battle to move to then eventual champions and probably get paid more you would say no?

No loyalty in football, you only have to read this board every week regarding players that are loved one minute and vilified another to see that

As a player you move when the offers there. If he stayed out of misguided loyalty the offer may not have come again.

A large portion of our fans wanted him dropped for most of the season anyway.

Edited by palmer1

Yet had he stayed, turned down any such contract offer here then buggered off for free the natives would no doubt have been trying to tear the powers that be a new one each, lambasting them for not selling in January when we could have got a fee.....

But not before accusing him of being :censored: from January to May of course, saying he isn't good enough.

It was bloody obvious in my opinion his heart and head were elsewhere and with the end of his contract approaching, he knew he could go at the end of the season. Not the type of mindset I would personally want from anyone playing for Latics in the midst of a relegation dogfight.

Best move for all parties concerned in my opinion, now we move on.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

This is the problem with Latics until we get some funding. Ignore the bollocks saying he is easily replaceable. A team looking for success would have Furman and Wesolowski tied down and add a player like Korey Smith to the mix for added quality and competition. Add a possible return to form of Mellor and all of a sudden you would have a strong central midfield.

I know there is little we can do about it but it does get frustrating. Hopefully LJ can work some magic!

Sick of all this loyalty bollocks. Seems to many on here accept that not one player could ever show loyalty to Latics. Why not? Trust me if Cool cash had have wanted to come to Latics to move them to the next level the like's of Furman's ability would be asking for a new contract here.

Sick of all this loyalty bollocks. Seems to many on here accept that not one player could ever show loyalty to Latics. Why not? Trust me if Cool cash had have wanted to come to Latics to move them to the next level the like's of Furman's ability would be asking for a new contract here.

But he would be asking for a bigger contract if 'cool cash' was here.

That's not loyalty lags, its exactly the reason he moved on.

Whether you like it or not mate, no loyalty in football

I also think some of those slagging him off for a lack of loyalty are conveniently forgetting that Furman opted to sign a contract extension in March 2012, despite the fact that Latics had struggled in the league for all three seasons that he was there, when he could have left then.

I also think some of those slagging him off for a lack of loyalty are conveniently forgetting that Furman opted to sign a contract extension in March 2012, despite the fact that Latics had struggled in the league for all three seasons that he was there, when he could have left then.

I think we had an option on him. Not the other way round.

I wont type anything derogatory because if people want to discuss this then that is their decision and their right. However, it was obvious when he jumped ship (I know it was probably a shrewd move as he was out of contract at end of season) that he wasn't arsed about us or our relegation battle.

With this in mind I have no interest in him or this thread and subsequently will not be posting in it.

Oh fu.......

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/1024/7682710/Furman-extends-Latics-stay

I stand corrected, but he still could have pushed for a move much earlier than what he did given Latics league form.

Pushed for a move? not a chance he knew he'd miss the best part of the season with friendlies and the African cup of nations. Took his wage whilst he was off collecting airmiles and did one when his club was in a scrap. For that I have reason to have an issue with him.

Who mentioned loyalty?? It's obvious there is no loyalty in football any more.

I'm talking about RESPONSIBILITY. He was captain of the side and largely responsible for getting us into that mess. He had a responsibility to pull his finger out and lead by example!

Instead...he :censored:ed off and gave his team mates no second thought. For that, I have lost every ounce of respect for the lad.

Who mentioned loyalty?? It's obvious there is no loyalty in football any more.

I'm talking about RESPONSIBILITY. He was captain of the side and largely responsible for getting us into that mess. He had a responsibility to pull his finger out and lead by example!

Instead...he :censored:ed off and gave his team mates no second thought. For that, I have lost every ounce of respect for the lad.

this this this, the only positive about furman going is we signed someone better, korey smith.

this this this, the only positive about furman going is we signed someone better, korey smith.

Another positive is that we got the cash with Donny getting promoted.Positives for Furman are he's now with a club with better prospects,Championship football and a bigger wage.