Winchester an Dayton injuries?

Does army training, particularly lifting heavy objects, do more harm than good ?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130713-winchester-910906.aspx

No, those are the sort of injuries that could have happened anywhere. In fact as the army camp is not mentioned with respect to Winchester's injury, I wouldn't mind betting Winchester did his knee in Oldham.

Dayton could also have done his knee at our gym, lifting weights, but just happened do it at the army camp.

No, those are the sort of injuries that could have happened anywhere. In fact as the army camp is not mentioned with respect to Winchester's injury, I wouldn't mind betting Winchester did his knee in Oldham.Dayton could also have done his knee at our gym, lifting weights, but just happened do it at the army camp.

Just wondered rude medic if Army training was too severe, in particular for lightweight footballers who are not used to such methods.

Edited by BP1960

Just wondered rude medic if Army training was too severe, in particular for lightweight footballers who are not used to such methods.

Nah, from what I saw it wasn't that much more intensive training (if at all) than what I'd expect a professional footballer to have to do in preseason anyway.

Just a shame he's only out for 6 to 8 weeks just don't see anything in the lad

Come on, that's pretty harsh on the lad.

It's not like he's even going to be getting starts anyway so I hope he can be loaned off and improved.

There's ability there but he's so weak and seemingly quite mentally fragile.

Get him on the weights, give him a bit of confidence elsewhere and see what becomes of him but I'd never wish for a longer injury on anybody.

Edited by NewBlue

One cross and one goal over two seasons isn't great dont wish the lad any harm the point I was trying to make is he won't be missed w hen he plays he will get my full support but I think brown has no worries about losing his place and the amount of stick that lad gets on here is unbelievable

I'm getting the impression that James Dayton s very injury prone and we've ended up with another Rob Purdie ? Anyone else

Was Purdie injury prone? Or did he just pick up one really bad injury, which was misdiagnosed for a while, before his career with us could get going?

btw I must admit to a having my own concerns about players "lifting heavy objects" during the army bootcamp. I can understand how valuable the team bonding / leadership part of the three day experience is, but if anything might encourage the odd strain or pull, it's the kind of stuff that goes on during army training (especially if you aren't used to it)

Kind of reminds me when I used to play Sunday League I'd have to refuse to engage in dodgy or poorly thought out exercises such as leg raises or piggy back racing.

But it's over now. Hopefully everyone is better for the experience.