Wonder if the Latvian played ?

Not sure, but his tweets from today have been translated thus:

16:00 ish Now the Time fridge, bath and relaxation.

16:00 ish Tired, aching legs, back, and everything else - the preseason. # hard

{PS #hard was not in LAtvian!!!)

Inclined to think that was from a training session

Not sure, but his tweets from today have been translated thus:

16:00 ish Now the Time fridge, bath and relaxation.

16:00 ish Tired, aching legs, back, and everything else - the preseason. # hard

{PS #hard was not in LAtvian!!!)

Inclined to think that was from a training session

Unless the Burnley game was a mid day kick off .

If its a very young team, as long as they are being taught how to receive / pass / improve their technique I couldn't care less what the scores are as unimportant. Youth should all be about learning the game, not winning. That comes when in the first team please! Sorry - rant over!

If its a very young team, as long as they are being taught how to receive / pass / improve their technique I couldn't care less what the scores are as unimportant. Youth should all be about learning the game, not winning. That comes when in the first team please! Sorry - rant over!

So, Simpson, Gossett, Belezika, Latvian Eddie, Cooper, Sutherland, Truelove, Rodgers.....and then youth teamers?

Vs Edgar, Arfield, Vokes, Stock, Cisak et all.

Yep, 5-0 is about right.

Edited by slystallone

The seven or eight poor performers should be told to shape up or be farmed out.

I wonder who they were ?

Behave.

It's 1 pre-season game.

Against a massively stronger team of better players -Men against Boys.

This is not another chance to knock the club or our current set-up..

Keep ranting! It is exactly what is wrong with the game in this country. Kids at 7 are expected to win rather than learn how to play football, this then carries on into academies and development squads. If we spent time more time developing skills and teaching the kids to get comfortable on the ball, play with their head up and a smile on their face and less time getting them to run about on full size pitches we wouldn't crash out of competitions as early as we do.

Keep ranting! It is exactly what is wrong with the game in this country. Kids at 7 are expected to win rather than learn how to play football, this then carries on into academies and development squads. If we spent time more time developing skills and teaching the kids to get comfortable on the ball, play with their head up and a smile on their face and less time getting them to run about on full size pitches we wouldn't crash out of competitions as early as we do.

Hang on, yesterday you wanted players to be cynical dirty bastards who only cared about winning!

Hang on, yesterday you wanted players to be cynical dirty bastards who only cared about winning!

A lady reserves the right to be contrary.

Cynical dirty bastards who can control a football! 70s Leeds sides could play, Roy Keane could play, Shearer could play, Scholes could play, Bergkamp could play and Messi can play. All of them also use the ugly side of the game.

Kids should be taught how to play the game properly, to develop their talents, there only place for win at all costs is at the business end in the pro leagues when it actually matters.

Behave.

It's 1 pre-season game.

Against a massively stronger team of better players -Men against Boys.

This is not another chance to knock the club or our current set-up..

Quote from the manager;

"Seven or eight gave poor performances and have knocked themselves down a peg,"

Now go and tell him not to knock the club or our current set up.

Edited by BP1960

Quote from the manager;

"Seven or eight gave poor performances and have knocked themselves down a peg,"

Now go and tell him not to knock the club or our current set up.

Behave again BP.

If you don't mind me saying, you've become very cynical since LJ has taken over. Why is that?

I know I asked you this on a previous thread the other week, and you said it was you being dry and not to take it seriously, but on this and other related points, I don't think that's what you're being - I think you're making a serious point that you believe.

If this was the 1st team, playing a League One fixture in December, and we lost 0-5; then I would sincerely hope that LJ would do more than say some have knocked themselves down a peg.

But it isn't.

Its the reserves, playing a game the very day after we had another pre-season fixture; in which - as he should do - the manager gave game time to the squad.

This game was the very young fringe players in the squad, and youth players. It wouldn't surprise me to read that Lee Steele and LJ played some part in this game again too. It is pre-season. It was a very weak side. The Burnley was a very strong side. We lost nil to 5. I'm going to use the words 'so what'.

I don't see it as another thing to attempt to make a laboured point over again, and in no way should any of the players involved be "farmed out" off the back of this game...

Edited by slystallone

You can bet some will be farmed out, he won't stand for poor performances from those whom he obviously expected better.

I have nothing against LJ, however, I have against one of his staff after the way I was treated.

I will give praise when I think it's due, as in the case of Clarke-Harris and Tarkowski, even Connor Brown - who despite his critics has hardly put a foot wrong pre season.

Edited by BP1960

You can bet some will be farmed out, he won't stand for poor performances from those whom he obviously expected better.

I have nothing against LJ, however I have against one of his staff after the way I was treated.

I will give praise when I think it's due, as in the case of Clarke-Harris and Tarkowski, even Connor Brown - who despite his critics has hardly put a foot wrong pre season.

My memory isn't what it used to be but I think this relates to you recommending a player before LJ was appointed. There has been a turnover of staff since then and I think the only people left are:

Tony Philliskirk

Paul Murray

Mick Priest

Ron Milward

Jon Guy

I'm going to hazard a guess that it is Ron Milward that is the subject of your beef. Whilst I am not privy to the events that actually occurred it is unfortunate that the beef has been stewing this long. The man might have been concerned for his own job under the new regime and, again I'm suggesting here, I bet you have recommended many players to him in the past and he may have thought "Oh god, not another one, I haven't time for this, I might be out of a job tomorrow."

Alternatively he might be an absolute wazzock, I don't know the bloke.

My memory isn't what it used to be but I think this relates to you recommending a player before LJ was appointed. There has been a turnover of staff since then and I think the only people left are:

Tony Philliskirk

Paul Murray

Mick Priest

Ron Milward

Jon Guy

I'm going to hazard a guess that it is Ron Milward that is the subject of your beef. Whilst I am not privy to the events that actually occurred it is unfortunate that the beef has been stewing this long. The man might have been concerned for his own job under the new regime and, again I'm suggesting here, I bet you have recommended many players to him in the past and he may have thought "Oh god, not another one, I haven't time for this, I might be out of a job tomorrow."

Alternatively he might be an absolute wazzock, I don't know the bloke.

At my age I have a long memory, but you are wide of the mark - although I am partial to a bit of beef stew.