Morais celebrating his goal yesterday

Did anyone have a problem with it? I heard a few grumbles about it in the crowd and on Twitter but the way I see it we should allow ex players to celebrate goals as long as they're not too provocative, we risk over sanitising the game if every ex player refused to celebrate

Did anyone have a problem with it? I heard a few grumbles about it in the crowd and on Twitter but the way I see it we should allow ex players to celebrate goals as long as they're not too provocative, we risk over sanitising the game if every ex player refused to celebrate

Allow? Nah it should be :censored: encouraged, especially if like most modern footballers they spent only a few seasons at the club.

#amf

Scoring a goal (even at amateur level) is one of the greatest feelings in the world. I wouldn't begrudge anyone celebrating it, whether or not it's against their former club...

Allow? Nah it should be :censored: encouraged, especially if like most modern footballers they spent only a few seasons at the club.

#amf

Well you know what I mean, some fans seem to get really up-tight about it to the point that it doesn't feel allowed on a moral basis

Edited by Tommy_Fent

So he should get stick! He was the enemy yesterday...

I wouldn't go down that route but no problem with those that do. It's crying about a reaction i can't stand, like making out Ian Moore was inciting us after we had been making certain statements pertaining to his parents for over an hour

Not bothered about him celebrating, I just thought he was a bit of a cock all afternoon, there's celebrating and then there's running the full length of their side stand, slapping all the hands of the fans on his way towards where we were at, snapping into challenges on our players etc etc, he just seemed wound up like he had a real point to prove despite him being the one who left not the other way round.

On Tounkara, there was a couple of chants of his name, but didnt hear any stick but I was at the side of our stand out of the way.

Speaking of Tounks, seeing him brough back the memories of his season with us, where he'd run through a brick wall for you, his effort and desire are second to none, he's just :censored: at shooting.

Speaking of Tounks, seeing him brough back the memories of his season with us, where he'd run through a brick wall for you, his effort and desire are second to none, he's just :censored: at shooting.

A fair assessment. There was a bit for him and a bit anti him. I went for neither as he's not a legend or a long time servant but was a decent lad

Don't have a problem with him celebrating, he was a p***k for thinking he could bully Mellor!

Commented in that in another thread.

As soon as he came on, Morais went straight for Mellor and was giving him verbals.

He tried to shoulder barge him whilst running back for our goal kick, off the ball and out of sight of the ref - all as part of his trying to unsettle / un-nerve Mellor; but DM was having none of it and promptly stood on Morais' boot and shoved him out of the way with a resounding F-you!

Morais was actually quite a lot of a prick when he was here (sorry Razza) - but he was our prick then, so it was 'funny' or 'quality WUM work from our Phil'...that type of thing. For those who frequent the MSP as I do, think back to his epic work in winding up Andy Monkhouse vs Hartlepool on a coldTuesday night a few years back.

But he's not our player anymore.....he's an opposition one. And yesterday he was being a prick. Mellor didn't stand for it, neither did any of our other players.

Morais celebrating his equaliser? So what. That's football.

Morais sulking & stropping at his teammates at the final whilstle after losing?

Ha. That's football too!

I always thought he was a bellend, and I always thought he was pretty :censored: as well.

Nah. Very talented player and a touch of class in this division on his day.

But he's a WUM, and a lot of a prick on the pitch.

We let him off when he was ours. We don't have to now...

Nah. Very talented player and a touch of class in this division on his day.

But he's a WUM, and a lot of a prick on the pitch.

We let him off when he was ours. We don't have to now...

He had the odd touch of class but for me didn't do it consistently enough. Was more than happy when he turned down a new contract, in my opinion I thought he was a very average winger.

Commented in that in another thread.

As soon as he came on, Morais went straight for Mellor and was giving him verbals.

He tried to shoulder barge him whilst running back for our goal kick, off the ball and out of sight of the ref - all as part of his trying to unsettle / un-nerve Mellor; but DM was having none of it and promptly stood on Morais' boot and shoved him out of the way with a resounding F-you!

Morais was actually quite a lot of a prick when he was here (sorry Razza) - but he was our prick then, so it was 'funny' or 'quality WUM work from our Phil'...that type of thing. For those who frequent the MSP as I do, think back to his epic work in winding up Andy Monkhouse vs Hartlepool on a coldTuesday night a few years back.

But he's not our player anymore.....he's an opposition one. And yesterday he was being a prick. Mellor didn't stand for it, neither did any of our other players.

Morais celebrating his equaliser? So what. That's football.

Morais sulking & stropping at his teammates at the final whilstle after losing?

Ha. That's football too!

Yeah he was brilliant that night, and against Hudds in the 1-0 win (Wrecking Ball night) suppose he's just a bell when he's on the opposition team.

Unfortunately, I think Mellor is going to be the target of a lot of opposition bullying this season, as it's no real secret that he's playing at centre-back as a bit of an experiment.

Mellor handled any attempted bullying that came his way well, though. Laughing when Morais was pointing and shouting at him, when Morais first came on was exactly the right thing to do.