The Building Site - An Idea

At the Huddersfield friendly I noticed that the TV cameras have been moved to the main stand. As these willbe directly facing the building site it struck me that it will not look great on TV. While we clearly are not in the market for a Highbury style mural, I though it might be an idea if we tried to cover the fance along the front with Latics flags. I would imagine that there are probably enough around to cover most of it.

Obviously this would need the club's blessing but if as many people as possible brought along any flags that they have got to the Walsall game and they were allowed to put them along the fence just before kick-off I think it would be a massive improvement.

It might not work every game as it would be much more difficult to manage if we don't have the large section of the RRE but is it worth a go?

the tuck shop looks worse, i don't sit in the chaddy but didn't it used to have scarves and shirts of all football clubs from around the world? that's more interesting then a mediocre drawing that looks chavvy/childish??

I can't imagine them removing the shirts/scarves but the 'artwork' definitely looks a lot better than the bare walls.

The stand development is likely to be left bare so that fan can see the building once it commences, or so we were told recently. Who cares what it looks like on TV?

I doubt they'll be able to just have a chain link fence in front of it on pitch side though, health and safety and all that bollocks. That's what I meant about them putting up a wooden barrier type fence.

I used to have a cracking Lancashire flag but I ended up losing it, it'd be good to see one at Latics, a bit of local pride?

Also, here's a site for personalised flags if you've not been on it before

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/

It'd be good to see a few other fans get some personalised flags for home and away games, it'd be an impressing site like seeing England abroad with all the flags draped everywhere. I've seen tons of Latics/Oldham flags at England games which I've never seen at BP too, interesting....

Edited by SholverBlue