Hyperbole exposed?

Having seen 2 games at BP this week can I ask a question? Does anybody know when we are going to field that team with pace tempo and passing skills which is full of goals? I have read so much much about it on here and heard LJs pronouncements so I have been a bit surprised to see a pedestrian side uncomfortably exchange a few passes at the back before lumping it Ineffectively forward. I bet the 2 visiting keepers are pleased it has been August...they would have got hyperthermia in December?

Too much hype, hyperbole and bull?

Having seen 2 games at BP this week can I ask a question? Does anybody know when we are going to field that team with pace tempo and passing skills which is full of goals? I have read so much much about it on here and heard LJs pronouncements so I have been a bit surprised to see a pedestrian side uncomfortably exchange a few passes at the back before lumping it Ineffectively forward. I bet the 2 visiting keepers are pleased it has been August...they would have got hyperthermia in December?

Too much hype, hyperbole and bull?

What I don't get about you is that you ask advice on a city that you son is studying and the somehow lose all your cred with a feckin stupid post.

if I could give you any advice. please keep positive. threads like this don't help

He's not far wrong though, there's a line between being positive etc, that was appalling today, where was plan B, plan C that I heard so much about and was positively banging the drum about last week.

No creativity, no tempo, just plain old typical Latics i'm afraid.

What that was was a team in transition against a better team and we only conceded one goal whilst trying to get forward. I would rather lose whilst attempting something new than settle for the defeatist approach adopted by Dickov. This is not a one season project. LJ has made the first step in changing our players and our style.

What we have here are comments by fans. Being a supporter means you support what the club is trying to do.

What that was was a team in transition against a better team and we only conceded one goal whilst trying to get forward. I would rather lose whilst attempting something new than settle for the defeatist approach adopted by Dickov. This is not a one season project. LJ has made the first step in changing our players and our style.

What we have here are comments by fans. Being a supporter means you support what the club is trying to do.

This

Cheers for keeping us up last year Lee , and having to totally rebuild the squad on a shoestring.

Now you ve lost once, your on borrowed time with us all knowing, totally realistic latics fans !!

Never heard so much bollocks !!!!!

Really? You should come on here more often.

Unfortunately modern day supporters don't have the patience for 'transition' and 'projects' anymore. Yes, yesterday was frustrating, but we were only beaten 1-0 by a very well organised side. The only hyperbole I've seen has been some of the reactions to the defeat.

I didn't go to the game yesterday I was at work. I've just watched the highlights from the game and from it you would think Oldham were unlucky. Had plenty of chances to score, good chances too but didn't. Walsall had a couple of chances and scored from a well worked move that got a bit of luck and was finished very well.

Yesterdays result looks more frustrating and disappointing than worrying.

I didn't go to the game yesterday I was at work. I've just watched the highlights from the game and from it you would think Oldham were unlucky. Had plenty of chances to score, good chances too but didn't. Walsall had a couple of chances and scored from a well worked move that got a bit of luck and was finished very well.

Yesterdays result looks more frustrating and disappointing than worrying.

In fairness tarky had two good headers and thats about it. Sid had an effort inside the area under pressure and sent it well over... we didnt create enough and had litle quality on the ball.. It was frustrating but the manner of the defeat was the real issue it was just like last season under Dickov

it will take up to 8 games for LJ to sort out his best team and some of his signings will be no good {always the case } his biggest issue is not CH {we have a young lad who played 4 games at the end of last season who is a great prospect } his biggest issue is getting the best pair of wide men playing together as the service the front 2 get is dreadful, we saw last season that if you get that right the front 2 will have a better chance of scoring, we are too easy to stop !!!!

it will take up to 8 games for LJ to sort out his best team and some of his signings will be no good {always the case } his biggest issue is not CH {we have a young lad who played 4 games at the end of last season who is a great prospect } his biggest issue is getting the best pair of wide men playing together as the service the front 2 get is dreadful, we saw last season that if you get that right the front 2 will have a better chance of scoring, we are too easy to stop !!!!

After TWO games you make this judgement, we won the first with DAYTON being the MOM and MONTANO scoring and nearly doing the same against Derby for :censored:s sake