with Tranmere getting spanked yesterday...

I reckon Port Vale have a better side than Tranmere this season and by looking at how many goals they've shipped in the league already this season (average over 3 per game) then we should just go straight for the Jugular. For this reason, I'll be OK with LJ bringing Baxter back in for Wes, despite Wes giving his best performance for some time. If LJ still fancies keeping Wes in the team, then perhaps sacrificing Dayton instead could be something he may look at and popping JCH a little wider than usual and giving Baxter a free role.

---------------- Oxley -----------------

Brown -- Tarky -- Grounds -- Mills

Dayton - Baxter - Smith - Montano

----------- JCH -- Rooney -----------

or.....

---------------- Oxley -----------------

Brown -- Tarky -- Grounds -- Mills

----------- Smith -- Wes -------------

---- JCH ---- Baxter --- Montano --

-------------- Rooney ----------------

The 2nd formation allows Baxter to roam, and when JCH does wander more centrally, Baxter can come out wide and possibly whip some crosses in for Rooney to get his bonce on again.

Options, options, options!! For once, we have them!!

***By the way, what's the latest on Brown's injury?

I don't care what anyone says. After being given the run around by Peterborough, and ultimately getting twatted in the process, and then no doubt working their bollocks off by taking Bolton (who haven't ripped up any trees so far this season BTW) to penalties, they won't be their fittest come 3pm Saturday, regardless of the fact they got through.

No excuse for us not to beat them this weekend.

We might be rusty. :wink:

Apart from the time when he got injured against us whilst giving a penalty away after Alessandra had run rings around him for half an hour...

Ah yes, I remember that, makes you wonder what went wrong with Alessandra?

Hes carved out a decent League 2 career after never being given much chance when clearly showing ability at OAFC?

He was given more than enough chances by more than 1 manager. He should be playing higher than league 2 he could easily have made it in the championship had he made more of his undoubted ability