LJs hour long inquest

One thing LJ seems to understand, even as a rookie manager, is that what you say in public and what you say behind closed doors to your team are two very different things.

I'm fairly certain it didn't take him an hour to say, "Never mind lads, you were unlucky, you had four good chances away from home, they'll start going in sooner or later. Right, who fancies a pint?"

The fact that their was an hour long inquest after that performance shows the standards he is demanding from the players. You expect that type of thing after we have been pasted which clearly wasn't the case yesterday.

I hope he keeps pushing the players to demand the best from themselves every single game.

You judge a manager by his signings and this manager HASN'T made a good signing yet, apart from the possible exception of Korey Smith and let's face it, he's hardly been great this season. I'm affraid the writing's on the wall. If we fail to beat Orient, we'll need 15 wins from the remaining 36 games to survive. That's a tough ask and it's not going to happen. We're going down.

You judge a manager by his signings and this manager HASN'T made a good signing yet, apart from the possible exception of Korey Smith and let's face it, he's hardly been great this season. I'm affraid the writing's on the wall. If we fail to beat Orient, we'll need 15 wins from the remaining 36 games to survive. That's a tough ask and it's not going to happen. We're going down.

I'm sure Yeovil fans were spewing the same last year... Or Blackpool fans the year they went up... I'm not even remotely thinking we will get promoted but FFS it's September... Get a grip. We started off :censored: the last time we were in the playoffs too. At least this year we look like a decent side and not the :censored:e of last season

Because it's true. I believe we'll need around 50 points to survive. Where are them 15 wins going to come from? No Matt Smith this season to get us out of trouble. No plan B either.

Even if the (nonsensical) 50 points thing was true, we'd need 43 points in 37 games, which is under 1.2 points per game. Not quite so bad when you put it like that, eh? I think you've somehow managed to forget that you can draw in football...

We're quite clearly not gonna go down - there are far worse teams than us in the division - our start has been awful by all accounts and yet we're doing better than eight other teams! Stop moaning, it's bloody September!

Because it's true. I believe we'll need around 50 points to survive. Where are them 15 wins going to come from? No Matt Smith this season to get us out of trouble. No plan B either.

Love the way everyone forgets that prior to Liverpool Matt Smith was pretty gash... And there's many players from the past we dont have anymore. It's a crap argument or are United fans saying this season would have started great with Cantona in the side?

I'm fairly certain it didn't take him an hour to say, "Never mind lads, you were unlucky, you had four good chances away from home, they'll start going in sooner or later. Right, who fancies a pint?"

I miss John Sheridan...

Even if the (nonsensical) 50 points thing was true, we'd need 43 points in 37 games, which is under 1.2 points per game. Not quite so bad when you put it like that, eh? I think you've somehow managed to forget that you can draw in football...

We're quite clearly not gonna go down - there are far worse teams than us in the division - our start has been awful by all accounts and yet we're doing better than eight other teams! Stop moaning, it's bloody September!

The most worrying thing is the fact theres at least 3 teams below us that are probably going to finish above us - Sheff Utd, Coventry and Bristol City. We're going to be the greatest footballing team ever to be relegated to the 4th tier. We can't defend, we can't score goals, we've got a clueless manager who 'talks the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' and the team is overloaded with powderpuff players who just aren't good enough. Edited by ChaddyEndRegular

The most worrying thing is the fact theres at 3 teams below us that are probably going to finish above us - Sheff Utd, Coventry and Bristol City. We're going to be the greatest footballing team ever to be relegated to the 3rd tier.

Oldham are already in the third tier, but I get your point however, so what? There are 5 other teams below that might not, and there's a few I could mention above who might stumble. It all makes for half-decent conversation but I wouldn't really be bothered so much about it right now.

What is it with this place at the moment? Even the WUM's are all a bit off-the-boil...

The most worrying thing is the fact theres at least 3 teams below us that are probably going to finish above us - Sheff Utd, Coventry and Bristol City. We're going to be the greatest footballing team ever to be relegated to the 4th tier. We can't defend, we can't score goals, we've got a clueless manager who 'talks the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' and the team is overloaded with powderpuff players who just aren't good enough.

You really must try harder...