Team for Tuesday

I wouldn't play Rooney or Dayton. Both flatter to deceive. Thought Millar embarrassed Rooney with his performance. Rooney has a stunning resemblance to Keiran Parker - in so much that he's 'busy' but gets nowhere near the ball. He's very cute at looking like he's put a shift in but doesn't affect the game. He points continually at other people yet doesn't pick or challenge his own man. He doesn't hold it up (I know he not a target man, but he isn't a midget either) . He won't head it. I stress the word won't because he either shrinks or throws his arms up it hair to make look like a fowl. In short he's :censored:s out. One good game against vale IMO. As I said at the top, millar although tiny, hurried an hassled, actually challenged people an HELD the ball when he could, ran the channels, Superb performance from someone half Rooney size.

Dayton- one flick, one shot, two lovely passes, three nice touches an that's him pretty much done. For the other 88 minutes. . He got Rooney's knack of looking busy but not actually doing anything. Oh an don't ask him him to go near the opposition, he doesn't like it, undroppable so far. .

Btw. Other than them two great result yesterday. An ugly win, about time. Millar. Tarky, ox, all played really well.

I thought Rooney had a good game for us yesterday, won and scored our penalty, won loads in the air, aided by Chimbonda being shorter than him and the other CB having lead in his boots. He linked up well with our other forwards and contributed defensively as well with a few good clearances, as well as winning a few headers in our box, see above.

Golbourne went from Exeter to Barnsley. Played Championship football last season.

Started the season still at Barnsley, but Wolves came in for him inside the last week of the window. Paid a fee for him.

You can't miss him now though, he has possibly the worst haircut in the football league!!

Think Kid & Play, meets Fresh Prince of Bel Air with a blonde streak thrown in for good measure.

As for our side, i' actually change the side - and line up with the same side, same formation & same tactics as we did vs Preston. Get tricky & fast wingers attacking on the break, and i think we'll get some joy...

I thought Rooney had a good game for us yesterday, won and scored our penalty, won loads in the air, aided by Chimbonda being shorter than him and the other CB having lead in his boots. He linked up well with our other forwards and contributed defensively as well with a few good clearances, as well as winning a few headers in our box, see above.

He won loads in the air?? I didn't see him win one all afternoon. Was so impressed with him after vale, since then his all round game is so poor. He actually looks scared to challenge for the ball. My biggest gripe is the knock on effect it has, I hardly saw smith an wes in the opposition half in the second half. Why? Because they had to sit so deep because every time we tried to hit Rooney the ball came straight back.

You could argue he not that sort of player, but what does that mean he can't head it, challenge, hold a ball, or adapt in league one? Or he's that prolific he doesn't we don't want/need him to do the other stuff? Well if he was that good, he wouldn't play for us. I want far more from our 'star striker' than I'm getting.

Could be a case for starting with Sidney, Golbourne at LB wouldn't be the quickest.

To be honest, at Exeter that was what set him apart from other LB's. He was able to deal with quick wingers very well.

Golbourne went from Exeter to Barnsley. Played Championship football last season.

Started the season still at Barnsley, but Wolves came in for him inside the last week of the window. Paid a fee for him.

A fee reported to be (I kid you not) £700k!! :crackpot:

Amazing , wiki concurs

Wolverhampton Wanderers

On 30 August 2013 Golbourne moved to Wolverhampton Wanderers of League One in a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee (reportedly £700,000).He made his club debut on 31 August 2013 in a 31 win at Port Vale,and scored in his second league appearance in a 32 win against Swindon.

To be honest, at Exeter that was what set him apart from other LB's. He was able to deal with quick wingers very well.

A fee reported to be (I kid you not) £700k!! :crackpot:

Ouch. Really? For a LB coming in to play at League One level?

Jeez.

I knew there was a fee & it was undisclosed; but expected it to be at a max £100K - and that would have been pushing it IMO.

Wow. Football's gone mad hasn't it...

Edited by slystallone

They have a strong squad, they really do.

For more off-field issues obviously, the likes of Jamie O'Hara and Roger Johnson aren't playing for them; but they can still call upon players who played in the Premier League for them. At League One level, thats huge.

Foley, Ward, Sako, Doyle.....huge players for this level. And in Leigh Griffiths; they have a striker bang in form. Feck me, they've a striker who generally comes off the bench for them, who they paid over a million pounds for in Sigurdarsson.

Strong side. Packed full of quality players.

Everything points to us getting a real shoeing tomorrow - so it'd r typical Latics to go and get an amazing away win wouldn't it?