8 points off the playoffs with a game in hand...

It will be decided in the final third of the season it's about how much gas you have in the tank at around march we know this from our own experience.

That's why I'm glad Johnson is rotating at this stage in the season so we are stronger going into the second half of the season. Not saying we are going to get the play offs far from it but if we keep everyone fresh then we have less chance of having the February meltdown. I'm sure this is the advice his dad will have passed onto him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I actually think this league is as wide spread as we have seen at this stage of the season for many a year. 2 or three games ago a four point gap emerged beteeen top and bottom and as you say there are ten points seperating the two zones already.

Its not about the play offs this year its about progress. Next year is the one and i recon lj is building for that. Although k will say im looking forward to feb/march when all these paperthin squads start folding and we can call on our comparitively large squad for cover.

I actually think this league is as wide spread as we have seen at this stage of the season for many a year. 2 or three games ago a four point gap emerged beteeen top and bottom and as you say there are ten points seperating the two zones already.

Its not about the play offs this year its about progress. Next year is the one and i recon lj is building for that. Although k will say im looking forward to feb/march when all these paperthin squads start folding and we can call on our comparitively large squad for cover.

This is very true.

This league is a lot better than last season. You can tell as the relegated teams from our league last season - Hartlepool, Portsmouth, Bury and Scunny - are average in League 2 and promoted teams - Doncaster, Yeovil and Bournemouth - are all bottom half of the Championship.

4 of the 6 teams that have come into our league this season - Rotherham, Wolves, Peterborough, Bradford - are in the Top 10 so there's been an injection of quality.

That means that progression is relative to the standard this year. To get more points and a higher league position would be a more significant progression than it may seem on paper.

Edited by Mullet

I dreamt once, that we reached the League Cup Final, strived to repeat this feat in the FA Cup.... twice! That we competed in this land's top division, for 3 seasons.... hell, we even beat Man United 1-0 at home while in it....!

That dream's so old it was in black and white. :afro:

0-1 defeat written all over it and we all know it :lol:

If we go there and have a right good go at them then we're in with every chance of bringing home the points. If LJ has another brain fart and goes all negative, especially after how well we played on Saturday, then we'll get absolutely nowt. I love a pre-game visit to Hooters but i'd much prefer it if that wasn't the highlight of the trip.