the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the .......

was reading on another forum what everyone will be doing on the 11th of november at this time most were if possible stopping there truck for two minutes to honor the fallen one of the owners of the forum posted that they lock the forum for two mins every year at this time nobody can read nobody can post is there a chance this forum could do the same as a gesture of rememberance ?

[quote name="opinions4u" post="669960" timestamp="1383168866"

Re edit.....there isn't an 11th minute that I've heard off.

11th hour, 11th, 11 month Was the agreed time the guns were going to stop on both sides? Although, I believe casualties and battled still raged as it was an uneasy truce until the actual treaty was signed.

But I am old so I could be wrong....

Personally, the ball and chain will either venture up to the monument at the top of Tandle hills on remberance Sunday and the 11th hour itself, I will be tied to a desk at work where we usually sound the fire alarm at the start and again at the end of the silence.

Closets to match days at home, think the club usually do something. If memory serves it was Tranmere at home last year and we had a band and a parade at half time....I think...

Edited by underdog

Armistice Day (which overlaps with Remembrance Day and Veterans Day) is celebrated every year on 11 November to commemorate the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morningthe "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. While this official date to mark the end of the war reflects the ceasefire on the Western Front, hostilities continued in other regions, especially across the former Russian Empire and in parts of the old Ottoman Empire

A per tangerine dreams said, there isn't an 11th minute, not unless it's fergie time.....heheh

Edited by underdog

Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the end of hostilities of World War I on that date in 1918. Hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month," in accordance with the Armistice, signed by representatives of Germany and the Entente between 5:12 and 5:20 that morning. ("At the 11th hour" refers to the passing of the 11th hour, or 11:00 am) World War I officially ended with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on 28 June 1919.

Seen those poppy with Latics badges knocking about? Without doubt the most tacky and chavtastic thing I have seen in a long while.

I've got 4 poppys, a poppy poster and a poppy car sticker before anyone has a pop.

Actually I like them and bought three as contributions are going to the RBL. Hubby is ex forces and this badge will be worn with his regimental pin badge next weekend and on the day itself, i will be wearing mine too and a latics friend will be given his at the match next sat.

Don't knock it if the money is going to a worthy cause

Actually I like them and bought three as contributions are going to the RBL. Hubby is ex forces and this badge will be worn with his regimental pin badge next weekend and on the day itself, i will be wearing mine too and a latics friend will be given his at the match next sat.

Don't knock it if the money is going to a worthy cause

I've got a feeling that RogersHotdog may be the most recent in a line of new posters that seem to be more concerned with winding people up than anything else . Be interesting to see his/her longevity on here.

Edit: Just seen Stevie J's post in Bristol City Form thread that confirms this. Saddo. Hotdog that is.

Edited by LaticsPete