Whilst we've been stuck in league 1

I was looking at the premier league the other day and started to wonder how many clubs have got out of this league we've been stuck in for years and gone on to play in the premiership. Seems to be quite a few!! Think I have them all but can anybody add to the following?

fulham
norwich
cardiff
swansea
Man City
Southampton
Burnley
QPR
Blackpool
Reading
Wigan

So over quarter of the current premier league!

Swindon, Bradford and Barnsley?

Neither Bradford or Barnsley.... we passed them in the Championship I think....! Stoke?

To my knowledge, arguably Swansea & Blackpool apart?.... the common theme amongst them however, is [at some stage] a relatively wealthy benefactor.... and a larger catchment of potential supporters.....

Fulham - Al Fayed

Norwich - Delia

Cardiff - The Malaysian who changed their home kit colour

Swansea - The only one without a ridio

Citeh - The oil barons

Southampton - The Italian banker

QPR - The Formula One supremo's followed by your airline man

Blackpool - Oyston

Reading - Madjeski followed by the Russian

Wigan - DW

Hull - The fella who's changing their name

Watford - Udinese

Stoke - Coates

Neither Bradford or Barnsley.... we passed them in the Championship I think....! Stoke?

To my knowledge, arguably Swansea & Blackpool apart?.... the common theme amongst them however, is [at some stage] a relatively wealthy benefactor.... and a larger catchment of potential supporters.....

Fulham - Al Fayed

Norwich - Delia

Swansea - The only one without a rich owner?

Citeh - The oil barons

Blackpool - Oyston

Wigan - DW

Watford - Udinese

Stoke - Coates

Fulham - Al Fayed

Norwich - Delia

Swansea - The only one without a rich owner?

Citeh - The oil barons

Blackpool - Oyston

Wigan - DW

Watford - Udinese

Stoke - Coates

To be fair, I think that Blackpool had Belekon investing heavily. He's been frozen out, so are in freefall, but they reaped the rewards of their time in Prem.

Devils advocate, City didn't exactly have the money they do now when they went back up and re-established themselves as a premier league team.

This much is true, but Shinawatra and then the Oil Barons saved them from doing a Leeds or a Pompy, so they did it on credit that had to be paid off at some stage....!

One Sir Joe Royle also had a reasonable influence in that too!!!!

Fulham - Al Fayed

Norwich - Delia

Swansea - The only one without a ridio

Citeh - The oil barons

Blackpool - Oyston

Wigan - DW

Watford - Udinese

Stoke - Coates

Swansea have that ball-boys Dad, who is probably worth more than Delia, plus investment from the local council to build their ground.

The bloke who changed Cardiff's kit didn't own them until recently, plus they had Council investment to build their ground.

Hull were owned by the bloke who owns KC communications and he is/was loaded, plus Council investment to build their ground.

City were brought out by the Thai bloke with the dubious human rights record, when they had already gotten into the Premier League, from Wardle of JD sports and a few others. Plus they too had council investment to build their ground.

The Udinese guys didn't buy Watford until recently and they weren't in Premier League then, but Elton John isn't exactly short of a few bob.

Can you see an additional running theme? I suggest any Oldham residents ensure that the Council members they elect are helpful to the club, no matter what colour rosette they wear.

Oxford went the other way.

Someone mentioned watford but i dont remember them being at our level thought they had always been championship while we have been here

Got promoted in our first season at this level (under Warnock), we were third but miles behind them and Luton, for quite a while. We faded dramatically from about mid-Feb onwards and ended up mid-table.