It's important for the team to get experience of big cup games, if we want to get Ito and compete in the playoffs. Look at Bradford last year.

I agree. But with a tough Christmas period coming up we don't want to have peaked. LJ needs to keep the players calm, we are 14th with a good run behind us, not 4th.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice turn of form and before I expected but don't get carried away. I will still settle for JPT final, to give the team experience of Wembley, and a mid table finish.

It may be suggested a JPT Final and a mid table finish, may be getting carried away? Let's hope not.

I'm most impressed by the spreading out of goals between the strikers. 3 strikers have 5 or more goals now which is a great record, a significant progression from past seasons. We now don't rely on 1 player to get us all our goals, it's shared.

Now that we have managed to score, yes.

Hopefully we can have a great rotation between our four main strikers so we always have one on form.

Now THAT is playoff talk...

blueheart, a win keep the run going, why so negative, " a draw keeps the run going" HOW negative is that you tool

Tool. How apt.

If you read my other posts, you would quite clearly draw the conclusion that a draw against Bradford would be a useful TOOL for LJ to keep our very young and inexperienced squad grounded.

Of course I want a win, who wouldn't, but that is going to be tough against a very good Bradford side.

Negativity isn't the theme here, friend, it's about staying grounded, something that the more insightful posters are managing.

Edited by blueatheart

Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. Mustn't get my hopes up. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All w ork and no play make$ Jack a dull doy. All workkkk and no ply makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Shining-111.png

Can we get that MK Dons match back on asap please.....?????

Last 8 matches P W D L Pts 1 Brentford 8 6 1 1 19 2 Wolverhampton 8 5 3 0 18 3 Leyton Orient 8 5 1 2 16 4 Preston 8 4 3 1 15 5 Oldham 8 4 2 2 14 6 Coventry City 8 4 2 2 14 7 Swindon Town 8 4 1 3 13 8 Walsall 8 3 3 2 12 9 Port Vale 8 4 0 4 12 10 Tranmere 8 3 3 2 12 11 Stevenage 8 4 0 4 12 12 Gillingham 8 4 0 4 12 13 Sheffield Utd 8 3 2 3 11 14 Colchester 8 2 4 2 10 15 Shrewsbury 8 3 1 4 10 16 Bristol City 8 2 3 3 9 17 Rotherham 8 2 3 3 9 18 Carlisle Utd 8 2 3 3 9 19 Bradford 8 1 4 3 7 20 Peterborough 8 2 1 5 7 21 Crewe Alexandra 8 2 1 5 7 22 Milton Keynes 8 2 0 6 6 23 Crawley Town 8 1 3 4 6 24 Notts County 8 1 1 6 4

Is this form really better than the start of the 08/09 season where we stormed to the top of the league in our first 8 or so games beating a handful of the teams who finished near the top, on the way?

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1924&teamTabs=results

Look at the run from the 28th October in the 06/07 season.

That run under Sheridan, from when we signed Gregan up until we went top of the league is probably the best football we have played in the last 20 years. It was awesome.

Yes. It was Unthinkable that it would all go tits up. We were :censored:e by the time we played Blackpool in the play offs.

Yes. It was Unthinkable that it would all go tits up. We were :censored:e by the time we played Blackpool in the play offs.

Look at what we had in reserve then and look at what we have in reserve now we might not have as good a 1st 11as then but we have more strength in depth I believe. The squad rotation is keeping the squad fresh too, which didn't happen in 06/07. I'm not saying we are going to get to the play offs but it's a positive we can take as we head towards the busy Christmas period.

That run under Sheridan, from when we signed Gregan up until we went top of the league is probably the best football we have played in the last 20 years. It was awesome.

Yeah. Think it all started away at Forest on that Tuesday night. We were irresistible that evening. Then someone major really clicked when Gregan arrived.

I recall soon after New Year, the week after we drew away at eventual Champs Scunny, we got well and truly beasted at home to Bristol City. I think this changed the course of the season then, cracks formed and we really huffed and puffed towards the end of the season.

Yeah. Think it all started away at Forest on that Tuesday night. We were irresistible that evening. Then someone major really clicked when Gregan arrived.

I recall soon after New Year, the week after we drew away at eventual Champs Scunny, we got well and truly beasted at home to Bristol City]. I think this changed the course of the season then, cracks formed and we really huffed and puffed towards the end of the season.

3-0? Did Lee Johnson play for them in that one?

Edited by opinions4u

That's a good point about the squad! It tickled me when people were saying LJ never keeps the same team, duh obviously!

In the past people have said you should never change a winning team and it's a theory that has merits. But we are now in the age of squad game so tinkering especially when you are playing Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday is becoming more important to keep players fresh, particularly for the final third of the season where we have seen teams just run out of gas.

We might play jch from the bench Saturday as I don't think we anticipated playing him for an extended stretch, Charlie Mac by the sounds of it had a stormer on Tuesday but he's just back from injury and has picked up niggles this season so we might start with Rooney. But it's good to have those options particularly up top as that's where you need depth the most as strikers will take the most battering physically.

Edited by GlossopLatic