Devastated!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not the best week for this but wouldn't mind having a bet Lanzoni never ever plays for Citeh first or reserve teams....he looks :censored: scared and made 1 forward pass all game.

He's a fine centre back, yet never played there for the Latics first team, he should switch positions with Kusunga who takes far too many chances on the ball in the middle.

Come on guys, we're out of a :censored: comp. x3 home draws on the bounce but unbeaten in ages. We've no right to think we can roll teams over. As long as we don't lose against Brentford and beat Mansfield it's still all good. Even if we don't go through against L2 side, under LJ we're gonna do more than stay up so a decent season to still be had. Let's not over react! Much love

Come on guys, we're out of a :censored: comp. x3 home draws on the bounce but unbeaten in ages. We've no right to think we can roll teams over. As long as we don't lose against Brentford and beat Mansfield it's still all good. Even if we don't go through against L2 side, under LJ we're gonna do more than stay up so a decent season to still be had. Let's not over react! Much love

Sorry Latics76, but I see a trend in the style of play which has been rumbled, and I can't see how with the present players it can change.

The only way we will get away with winning games is against teams that don't compete well.

I quite like lanzoni and think he could be a decent centre half but for me it's time for Winchester to get another run at right back . He's better and cleverer in possession and has a much better cross than matteo . I felt humphries was there for the taking tonight especially as he was on a booking but we failed to get the ball down out right enough in the second half .

We miss mills and I hope we can use knob heads wage to secure him in jan .

Sorry Latics76, but I see a trend in the style of play which has been rumbled, and I can't see how with the present players it can change.

The only way we will get away with winning games is against teams that don't compete well.

We'll just ignore the recent good run when we stopped other teams playing by rumbling their game plans. It's just coincidence we've been picking up points and results recently - they all had off days.

They're allowed to have off days, but when we're not optimal, it's not an off day, it's because we're doomed with our :censored:e midfield who create nothing, eh?

Edited by maddog

We'll just ignore the recent good run when we stopped other teams playing by tumbling their game plans. It's just coincidence we've been picking up points and results recently - they all had off days.

They're allowed to have off days, but when we're not optimal, it's not an off day, it's because we're doomed with our :censored:e midfield who create nothing, eh?

Sorry, I will say again, opposing teams have now rumbled the Latics style of play and the problem is as I see it the the manager won't change his rigid formation to counteract this.

In terms of defence...

Kasunga worries me when he messes about with the ball, but looks comfortable when it comes to lumping it away or winning a header.

Tarkowski has been player of the season so far for me and it's normally Mr Consistant, rarely putting a foot wrong.

Lanzoni is a good strong defender, he could be converted into a CB over time, however, i do like him going forward too, his crossing ability isn't too bad and he generally get's it near the centre of the box, it's a shame for most of tonight it was Philliskirk and not JCH getting on the end of them. Matt Smith would have a field day with some of the crosses he puts in.

Grounds looked abit shakey and lost at LB tonight, got caught out alot first half, but i think he steadied it up second, from what i've seen this season, I think i prefer him at CB to LB.

Hopefully we can get Mills back in Jan, liked him at LB.

The facts are 1. Bar the last two games where we were below par we are playing good football

2. Now he who seemingly cannot be named has gone that's a wage freed up so we can bring in a decent attack minded winger to cover injuries and whatnot

3. Yes were out of the paintpot but it's on penalties. Yes it might be the best chance we've got of getting to wembley I'd rather focus on the league. Yes it might be a good 'day out' but whose really bothered about going to a not even half full wembley.

4. That's now 9 games unbeaten (in normal time) and that's got to be the best for years.

5. Teams may have rumbled us but we still did make chances tonight therefore it's our finishing that needs to be worked on.

This run we've been on is the best I can remember us playing since our last playoff season (my first season I can properly remember) so we have to stay positive and trust LJ will pull us through. He did it last season in much more difficult circumstances so there is no reason why he can't do it again.

We'll just ignore the recent good run when we stopped other teams playing by tumbling their game plans. It's just coincidence we've been picking up points and results recently - they all had off days.

Boom.

Chesterfield could have had 2 or 3 in the first ten minutes. We then realised we were in a game and took it to them. Great Philly goal and should have got another in the 10-15 mins of pressure afterwards. Evens at HT, but they had far more clear cut chances than we did. 2nd half we dominated a little more and had enough possession to see them off, but had no cutting edge. Blatant pen in injury time - the officials bottled it. :censored:e pen from Rogers and a :censored:e effort from Chubs who let one squirm through, did for us in the end.

Disappointed, but not gutted. We're doomed not to get to the JPT final. It's written. Whatever.....

Oh, and I still :censored:ing hate Chesterfield....