Anfield - what block are you in?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Block 123; Row 22; Seat 41 - won't decide until day on attire. Just hope chap in front of me doesn't have a smoke bomb like last time. But do hope more of us sing than last time. And not the continuous moaning about standing/sitting.

Let's try and recreate our "famous" Goodison atmosphere eh!

Block 123; Row 22; Seat 41 - won't decide until day on attire. Just hope chap in front of me doesn't have a smoke bomb like last time. But do hope more of us sing than last time. And not the continuous moaning about standing/sitting.

agree with this.. didn't really think we were that loud st anfield last time.. but it was a Friday night and many came straight from work, so I suppose a few more beers would have been consumed this time

Hope you will be conscious of any children seated around you who will have no chance of seeing if you constantly stand.There are many junior s/t 's in this block

Opinions4u,........You too!!! Block 124 row 8! lol 9 of us together and to be honest I am not looking forward to sitting next to some of them and they would say the same about me no leg room or space on our row lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Stay sat down. Row 7 for me!

Opinions4u,........You too!!! Block 124 row 8! lol 9 of us together and to be honest I am not looking forward to sitting next to some of them and they would say the same about me no leg room or space on our row lol

Oh no. This has reminded me of the inevitability of squabbling fans and stewards enforcing the sitdown policy of last time...

How much easier would it be if they asked fans before buying tickets whether they were going to stand or sit then separate positions accordingly, especially now the club have decided not to sell severely restricted view tickets.

.....But

But...

But....

It's an all seater stadium. Everyone should be sat?

Fans need to have consideration for young and old fans who, through no fault of their own, wont be able to see feck all if people choose to stand.

Sorry - i'm only 32; in decent health and can get up should i need to. But - i'm aware others around me wont be in the same position; not least my Dad, who has a ticket and a seat, will need the said seat and for it to be used. Sure there will be plenty of others in the same position as him.

Stay seated as you're suppose to, and there will be no issuess...

.....But

But...

But....

Fans need to have consideration for young and old fans who, through no fault of their own, wont be able to see feck all if people choose to stand.

Sorry - i'm only 32; in decent health and can get up should i need to. But - i'm aware others around me wont be in the same position; not least my Dad, who has a ticket and a seat, will need the said seat and for it to be used. Sure there will be plenty of others in the same position as him.

This, last time I saw an elderly gentleman sat behind one of the regulars (home, away and on here), the regular wanted to stand a lot, but the elderly gentleman, who was likely a ST holder, because of where they were, couldn't stand so well and it got a bit close to the bone. All is needed is some consideration and some common sense and there should never be any trouble with people standing. But this is Oldham and as this board shows time and time again, we argue about far more trivial things than whether you should be able to stand at a football game in an all-seated stadium.

Aye medic; indeed.

Me and my mate came to blows at Wolves away in the FA Cup - in defence of a couple of our older fans

3 chaps - away game regulars and possibly post on here - just would not sit down.

The older gents just couldnt stand up for 90mins so their paid view of the 3rd round game at Wolves was of the back of a coat.

The 3 chaps, after being repeatedly asked - nicely - continued to stand. When it got more heated - one if their reasoned and well thought out answers was to punch the son-in-law of one of the older chaps. It then got a bit nasty.

I'm sure everyone on here has similar stories.

But - these stories wouldnt happen if people had consideration for those around them, and sat down in their seats as they're suppose to do.

Persistent standing in all seater stadiums is one of the most annoying things about modern football for me.

Yep - days gone by, when it was all fields; you could leave your front door open and it was terracing at grounds - fine & dandy.

Now its all seater grounds. The clues in the name. Sit in your seat...

Aye medic; indeed.

Me and my mate came to blows at Wolves away in the FA Cup - in defence of a couple of our older fans

3 chaps - away game regulars and possibly post on here - just would not sit down.

The older gents just couldnt stand up for 90mins so their paid view of the 3rd round game at Wolves was of the back of a coat.

The 3 chaps, after being repeatedly asked - nicely - continued to stand. When it got more heated - one if their reasoned and well thought out answers was to punch the son-in-law of one of the older chaps. It then got a bit nasty.

I'm sure everyone on here has similar stories.

But - these stories wouldnt happen if people had consideration for those around them, and sat down in their seats as they're suppose to do.

Persistent standing in all seater stadiums is one of the most annoying things about modern football for me.

Yep - days gone by, when it was all fields; you could leave your front door open and it was terracing at grounds - fine & dandy.

Now its all seater grounds. The clues in the name. Sit in your seat...

Maybe you could have swapped seats?

I understand the frustration on both sides - although I have to admit that even at 52 i still find it difficult to stay seated when a promising attack develops or when there is an urge to back the team or to utter a partisan sleight aimed at the seemingly erroneous arbitration. My 79yr old mum who started to come to the odd game last season with plastic hips, knees and god knows what else is up and down spontaneously.

Forest away last season - how could anyone sit though the incredible 7-8 mins of delightful mayhem?! All seater stadium gives the fans no choice if your argument stands, which is a shame. All requirements should be catered for,especially as football is an emotive passionate pastime, and rational thought can sometimes go missing.

Just hope we can all enjoy the game.

If standers have to sit, they still see the game, still get most of the atmosphere, they just miss a bit of extra enjoyment.

if standers refuse to sit down, the sitters behind get nothing - can't see the game, might as well not be there.

.....But

But...

But....

Balls I marked this down in error.....sorry sly

.....But

But...

But....

Why do you portray the person wanting to stand as the villain in all situations?

Explain this: being on the second to back row and wanting to stand, the people on the back row wanting to sit. Now any reasonable person would swap seats, but the back-rowers were too stubborn and left me having to sit. That is just as selfish as standing in front of those wanting to sit. I'll admit, there are probably more occurrences of sitters being blocked and I'm not trying to criticise anybody who chooses to sit or condone those who block, I'm criticising the system that creates the need for pointless arguments like this...

I said in my post they should 'seperate accordingly' as I'm totally aware of those who cannot stand for 90 minutes, and of course they should have an unrestricted view that they pay for - I've been in that scenario myself twice at away matches in the past. It's frustrating that in this age we can't allow all fans to get what they want when the solution is pitifully simple.

To say 'it's an all-seater stadium, just sit down' is out of touch really with a hell of a lot of fans, I'd be shocked if you didn't stand for sections of every away game. We should be able to accommodate all without coming to blows as you said you did, that doesn't just mean the people who want to sit.

There is so little compromise in football.