• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a very early morning flight from Dublin - forecast stormy, so a swift couple of breakfast pints will be had to settle pre-match-flight nerves. Then on arrival I have as much food as I can eat for soakage and then I'll drink my way to Anfield - where I'm set to enjoy every second regardless of what happens.

are you meeting up with fellow tics you know over here?

are you meeting up with fellow tics you know over here?

I've met lots of great Latics fans over the years but am useless at keeping contact details - so I'm heading over solo (at five months old, Anfield has come a bit early for my young lad), but if anyone suggests a particularly cracking boozer that would be a good point to aim for then I'll seek it out and see 'em at the bar!

I've met lots of great Latics fans over the years but am useless at keeping contact details - so I'm heading over solo (at five months old, Anfield has come a bit early for my young lad), but if anyone suggests a particularly cracking boozer that would be a good point to aim for then I'll seek it out and see 'em at the bar!

never too young to follow the tics;) start them early and then they don't have a choice...

Most on the train will head straight into the Wetherspoons near Lime St Station.

The Arkles should be heaving the hour or two up to kick off

How many times have we followed up a :censored: performance in the league against crap opposition then gone to perform heroically In our game of the season.

They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place well we aren't playing in the same place.

Personally I want to keep it competitive for aslong as possible. They remember what we did to them last year and are going to come out the corner like Mike Tyson spitting venom at his peak. We've got to show courage like we've never shown before and stand tall and fight back like Mohamed Ali joe Frazier joe Lewis Lennox Lewis and the RAF in 1940 combined!

Aslong as the players don't walk off at the end feeling like they could have done better but if we walk off having done our best and more then we will probably give them a game.

Go and do us proud you blue bastards!!!

Without wanting to interupt the doom and gloom on this board, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we are going to Anfield on Sunday. Much as many seem to want to put over the impression that this means nothing, we have sold the best part of 6,000 tickets so clearly it does mean something.

Please feel free to use another thread to talk about whether we are going to concede double figures or if we can somehow restrict the side we beat last season to just 4 or 5. Can we please use this one to try and get a bit excited?

For what it is worth, I honestly think we will take them to a replay. I have nothing at all to back that up but stranger things have happened.

What are people's plans for getting over there? I am hoping to be in Weatherspoons in Manchester from about half nine and then get the 10.19 train from Piccadilly giving a couple of hours in Liverpool before heading up to the Arkles by the ground which was a cracking little boozer when we were there last time.

I would imagine that most of the trains from half nine until lunch time will be packed with Latics fans so there should be a good atmosphere both on the way over there and in the city centre pubs when we get there.

Cracking post.

Wish some of the miserable bastards who post bull:censored: on here could share a bit more optimism and stop trying to piss on everyone's chips.

I'm really looking forward to that mobile phone "wall of light" thing like what happened last time...

Unfortunate that Liverpool just gone above Everton else could've sung "best team in our town, we're the best team in our town..." even if getting battered. Just have to stick with "we pay your benefits"

My heart believes in the magic of the cup, would love to sing "are you Rochdale in disguise" again, but my head says buying the Liverpool supremacy goals spread at 2.7 with sporting index might be a good bit of business.

How many times have we followed up a :censored: performance in the league against crap opposition then gone to perform heroically In our game of the season.

They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place well we aren't playing in the same place.

Personally I want to keep it competitive for aslong as possible. They remember what we did to them last year and are going to come out the corner like Mike Tyson spitting venom at his peak. We've got to show courage like we've never shown before and stand tall and fight back like Mohamed Ali joe Frazier joe Lewis Lennox Lewis and the RAF in 1940 combined!

Aslong as the players don't walk off at the end feeling like they could have done better but if we walk off having done our best and more then we will probably give them a game.

Go and do us proud you blue bastards!!!

Winston Churchill is definitely your hero.