Without wanting to interupt the doom and gloom on this board, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we are going to Anfield on Sunday. Much as many seem to want to put over the impression that this means nothing, we have sold the best part of 6,000 tickets so clearly it does mean something.

Please feel free to use another thread to talk about whether we are going to concede double figures or if we can somehow restrict the side we beat last season to just 4 or 5. Can we please use this one to try and get a bit excited?

For what it is worth, I honestly think we will take them to a replay. I have nothing at all to back that up but stranger things have happened.

What are people's plans for getting over there? I am hoping to be in Weatherspoons in Manchester from about half nine and then get the 10.19 train from Piccadilly giving a couple of hours in Liverpool before heading up to the Arkles by the ground which was a cracking little boozer when we were there last time.

I would imagine that most of the trains from half nine until lunch time will be packed with Latics fans so there should be a good atmosphere both on the way over there and in the city centre pubs when we get there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wanting to interupt the doom and gloom on this board, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we are going to Anfield on Sunday. Much as many seem to want to put over the impression that this means nothing, we have sold the best part of 6,000 tickets so clearly it does mean something.

Please feel free to use another thread to talk about whether we are going to concede double figures or if we can somehow restrict the side we beat last season to just 4 or 5. Can we please use this one to try and get a bit excited?

For what it is worth, I honestly think we will take them to a replay. I have nothing at all to back that up but stranger things have happened.

What are people's plans for getting over there? I am hoping to be in Weatherspoons in Manchester from about half nine and then get the 10.19 train from Piccadilly giving a couple of hours in Liverpool before heading up to the Arkles by the ground which was a cracking little boozer when we were there last time.

I would imagine that most of the trains from half nine until lunch time will be packed with Latics fans so there should be a good atmosphere both on the way over there and in the city centre pubs when we get there.

Agree mate hopefully fans will sing there hearts out players put in a performance that's decent as for sneaking a replay said that at the end of the game just be are luck to do that be typical Oldham

We're aiming for the 10.10 with 10.19 as a back up.

I'm aiming to take it easy and be able to see upon arrival at the ground this time.

I realise this aim and getting into Liverpool at 11am conflict somewhat.

Agree with all the sentiments in this thread. Why can't we go and give them a game? I'll be enjoying a good day out whatever the score. It doesn't get too much better than watching your team at Anfield and hopefully we, as fans, can forget about the league just for a couple of days.

Seems as good a time to re-post something I put on twitter a few days back:

I've got two tickets for Anfield for me and a friend but they aren't together. I have: Block 126, Row 24, Seat 165 and Block 125, Row 21, Seat 135. If anyone is going on their own and is within a few seats either way of my block 126 seat and wants to swap theirs for my block 125 seat (a better view I'm told) then let me know.

Getting on one of twenty odd official club coaches. As they leave at noon I think that will leave about 90 minutes of pre-game drinking time. I can see a similar game as last time, we go in front and they come back and give us what is on paper a hiding but isn't really. FWIW we are 13/10 to score with Ladbrokes

Look into online betting accounts via PlayerShare WebShop. Big name bookies paying big cashback to PlayerShare.

I've already had a bet with my bookie O4U for Dayton to score at anytime, £10 for PlayerShare if it comes off.

McDonald and Simpson both scored with piledrivers against Everton and Liverpool away respectively, get your money on Dayton to do the same.

didn't think about this until now, cheers BP.. think im going dayton to score anytime, tarky to score anytime and maybe one on the latics to be leading at half time

I'm getting a very early morning flight from Dublin - forecast stormy, so a swift couple of breakfast pints will be had to settle pre-match-flight nerves. Then on arrival I have as much food as I can eat for soakage and then I'll drink my way to Anfield - where I'm set to enjoy every second regardless of what happens.