Meet The Manager 9th Jan 2013: Feedback

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly where I am.

I hope & think it's where any similarity ends but Dickov's spiel bought him more time than he should've got and LJ's, despite seeming to have more substance, was never going to wash as much (with the fans at least) if results were poor, unfortunately for him.

In the long run results will always do the most talking I don't see any reason why these forums shouldn't continue to build rapport with the fans. How many united fans would love an opportunity like this with moyes and the glaziers?

Without the backing of a big budget any success is going to take time and it's going to require building the whole club from the bottom up. A major positive is that he is trying to get the youths and reserves to play the same way as the first team helping progress into the first team. A system that has been adopted by Ajax for years.

If we look at it Lee Johnson does fit the bill as an Oldham manager fresh out of playing and ambitious to achieve something substantial, an understanding of the limitations of the club and a willingness to get his hands dirty on the training pitch to nurture a rough diamond. I'm sure the easiest thing for someone like LJ to do would be to continue trying to take a wage from a club a reserve player until is late 30s and then get his dad to get him a job. Coming here for a southerner to this blue collar Northern town to a team in the midst of a relegation battle was a big bold move and showed that he isn't frightened of a challenge.

Go round any gym in the uk right now and you will see a whole host of the January crowd ready to get fit most will tail of come march as the idea of getting fit just seems to much like hard work. The one who will succeed will be the one who start in January and persist and persist for the rest of the year are the ones who see the results.

If we want to see results from Lee Johnson we are going to have persist and it will mean persisting with a few bad days. Despite Paul Dickov ultimately proving to be unsuccessful the club took the right stance with him we gave him aslong as possible to succeed. It didn't work but the club did the right thing. If we gave Johnson the same amount of time I think we will be in a far better place.

Edited by GlossopLatic

If we want to see results from Lee Johnson we are going to have persist and it will mean persisting with a few bad days. Despite Paul Dickov ultimately proving to be unsuccessful the club took the right stance with him we gave him aslong as possible to succeed. It didn't work but the club did the right thing. If we gave Johnson the same amount of time I think we will be in a far better place.

Hear bloody hear. I don't think we'll make the playoffs now and that's fine, I like the cut of LJ's jib and the obvious moves he's made with tactics and signings. Not everything will work but that's what you get with a new manager and limited budget. Dickov looked the part but ultimately it became clear he didn't have any more ideas to change things. LJ isn't at that point and until he is we should stick with him, even if that means a season or two rebuilding. I'm tired of just surviving and a new manager every year or two; I'm prepared to accept temporary mediocrity with a chance of something better afterwards.

Edited by Crusoe

Go round any gym in the uk right now and you will see a whole host of the January crowd ready to get fit most will tail of come march as the idea of getting fit just seems to much like hard work.

I read this sentence a bit too quick on my first read

This is what it came out something like in my head:

Go round any gym in the uk right now and you will see a whole host of the January crowd ready to fiil most tail with come

Do you think my cognitive faculties have an agenda?