Please Try And Be Positive Thread

I still look forward to all the matches I attend (95% at home and 30% away)and I am very grateful towards anyone who continues to fund

what we supporters are unable to fund ourselves. Meanwhile, I patiently wait for the massive stroke of LUCK that will bring together management, coaching staff and a group of players that will be able to win 50% of their matches that is the basis of a very successful season. I remain optimistic at all times.

Are you the one who doesn't go to matches these days?

Sorry? I made that comment after Port Vale away which was, erm, our last game.

Anyway, I don't know what point you're trying to make? Are you implying my opinion is invalid if I stop going to games?

I said I wouldn't be going to another game until results start picking up. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

After all, football is an entertainment business. Losing every week isn't my idea of fun. Even a goal or two might have kept me interested but, as many are rightly saying, this season is the same old :censored:e (if not worse) with a prettier front.

A couple of wins with a few in the onion bag and I'll be back at BP but, for the time being, I've seen enough. I will continue to post and give my opinion from the comfort of my own home.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

I said I wouldn't be going to another game until results start picking up. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

After all, football is an entertainment business. Losing every week isn't my idea of fun.

I would say there is something wrong with that. Being an Oldham supporter does feel like more of a punishment at times and there are many reasons people have for not going - but "because it's not entertaining enough" isn't a valid one in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't know what point you're trying to make? Are you implying my opinion is invalid if I stop going to games?

After all, football is an entertainment business. Losing every week isn't my idea of fun. Even a goal or two might have kept me interested but, as many are rightly saying, this season is the same old :censored:e (if not worse) with a prettier front.

A couple of wins with a few in the onion bag and I'll be back at BP but, for the time being, I've seen enough. I will continue to post and give my opinion from the comfort of my own home.

Course you are entitled to say what you want about Latics, but I do have to disagree with you about what you call 'the same old :censored:e (if not worse) with a prettier front'. The standard of football that Latics have played in most games, home and away, has been far superior to anything under Dickov.

Course you are entitled to say what you want about Latics, but I do have to disagree with you about what you call 'the same old :censored:e (if not worse) with a prettier front'. The standard of football that Latics have played in most games, home and away, has been far superior to anything under Dickov.

But the results are the same. Déjà vu with less goals and a higher pass completion and possession percentage.

I would say there is something wrong with that. Being an Oldham supporter does feel like more of a punishment at times and there are many reasons people have for not going - but "because it's not entertaining enough" isn't a valid one in my opinion.

It's not because it's not entertaining enough. It's because it's not entertaining at all.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

It's not because it's not entertaining enough. It's because it's not entertaining at all.

Well we're never going to agree on this are we. It always amazes me how so many people watch the same match and have completely different opinions. See you at Boundary Park on Saturday for, hopefully, three points.

Each to their own. I still get a pre kick off buzz whenever I go (which isn't all that often). That usually gets replaced by icey-toed depression by 4.45 though.

Then every now and then you get a moment that makes it all worth while.

But the results are the same. Déjà vu with less goals and a higher pass completion and possession percentage.

Well Major Fail in this thread then.

How did you cope under Penney? You must have missed loads of games under Talbot Penney, and Dickov becasue we have not been entertaining for years. In fact about 25 years.

So I don't buy it, it must be mainly about results.

Perhaps going to follow City will be more to your taste. You'd get the enteertainment and results. in one. Unfortuantely there will be a load of ex United fans too, who claim that they followed them when they were in the Championship, not even aware they were with us in League One, but hey ho small price to pay if you want entertaining.

Well Major Fail in this thread then.

How did you cope under Penney? You must have missed loads of games under Talbot Penney, and Dickov becasue we have not been entertaining for years. In fact about 25 years.

So I don't buy it, it must be mainly about results.

Perhaps going to follow City will be more to your taste. You'd get the enteertainment and results. in one. Unfortuantely there will be a load of ex United fans too, who claim that they followed them when they were in the Championship, not even aware they were with us in League One, but hey ho small price to pay if you want entertaining.

I think you missed out Ronnie Moore! I have kept going thinking that maybe this week things will change. I started watching them when I was nine and am now 65 which goes to show that I am a slow learner!

3 1/2 year contract thats a positive. Wonder how many players still here in three years?

16 out of contract at the end of this season, the positive is if they all do well they will be offered another deal.

Edited by BP1960

I am quite sure that this forum was intended for supporters who actually go to watch the games! 2018; Stay warm in your slippers!