£250k ?

Surely the point is something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay? Tarky does not want to be at Latics anymore and fancies earning more elsewhere which is understandable I guess but equally we don't have to sell in a panic.

Frankly I have no interest in Tarky staying as he clearly wants to go so let's just get the best price and move on. It is a team game and at League 1 level especially it will be more about what LJ can do given time and reasonable backing which, in fairness, SC has done for every manager.

It will be interesting to see if he plays tonight

How do you know?

How do you know?

Well you're right, I don't for sure but I'm putting 2 and 2 together in that he hasn't said he wants to stay and he hasn't signed the contract offered, either of which he could, the first one very easily.

It's that age old problem that fans are fans and players are not....not much you can do about it really except pay more than anyone else and guarantee a starting place every week.....only a few clubs and players are in that position.

Well you're right, I don't for sure but I'm putting 2 and 2 together in that he hasn't said he wants to stay and he hasn't signed the contract offered, either of which he could, the first one very easily.

It's that age old problem that fans are fans and players are not....not much you can do about it really except pay more than anyone else and guarantee a starting place every week.....only a few clubs and players are in that position.

Just because he wants to better himself it doesn't mean he's not happy here, some players throw a strop when they want a move.

Just because he wants to better himself it doesn't mean he's not happy here, some players throw a strop when they want a move.

I don't really think I'm saying that he's unhappy per se, just that the temptation to move for a (much) higher wage and bigger club is too tempting for almost every player when the time comes

I've nothing against Tarky and wish him the best but I lose any interest in players that move on at the first opportunity, very few stay loyal because of the disparities between clubs finances and the ridiculous manager merry go round......sadly just the way it is these days

IF he's in big demand, IF lots of clubs are (seriously), interested why, given it's public knowledge that there are two bids around £250/300 K , havent other clubs bid about the same or a little more?

If , say, Blackburn were keen then surely they'd want to bid a low amount like this before someone else signs him

Could be that not many think he's worth even that, or that they know Latics are asking more.

Could be lots of things but, right now, there isn't a massive auction for him.

Edited by LaticsPete

IF he's in big demand, IF lots of clubs are (seriously), interested why, given it's public knowledge that there are two bids around £250/300 K , havent other clubs bid about the same or a little more?

If , say, Blackburn were keen then surely they'd want to bid a low amount like this before someone else signs him

Could be that not many think he's worth even that, or that they know Latics are asking more.

Could be that they are biding their time, isn't over til the fat lady sings.

If it's true that people have reported that both the bids mentioned have been accepted by Latics, why would anyone bid more?

If it's true that people have reported that both the bids mentioned have been accepted by Latics, why would anyone bid more?

Who says these bids have been accepted? Only SC can answer that one, and I doubt he would be daft enough to accept the first bids from any club.

By the same logic , why aren't there more bids from others ? If and it's a big if we have accepted these offers then surely other teams would bid the same if he was desirable?

a payoff for rooney ? are you mad, he wanted out we didn.t force him, he got the same deal at aberdeen with a 2 year contract, thats a good reason for him to leave,

with tarky we should put it about that we won,t accept anything under say £750k and call their bluff, we could get the same offer in the summer as now, so why not hang on, tarky is a totally different proposition than taylor, he,s under 24 so we would get something from a tribunal if if went that far, its worth the gamble

Correct on both points, Rooney wanted to move so we (conveniently) let him.

Tarky tell them £750K in response to their offers, see how it goes from there. If they don't meet the valuation or get a hell of a lot closer then we are happy to keep him! As LJ says he needs to improve a bit so let him improve with us, means more money!