£250k ?

I presume Burnleys offer of 250K and 10% of future sell on, and Brentfords £300K and 100K of add-ons for Tarky have been totally dismissed ? If thats all teams are prepared to offer surely we are better off keeping him and trying to build a team around him, any news on whether he will sign the new contract offered to him yet ? My view is that he is under contract for 18 months keep him and if he feels strongly about moving on look at it in the summer.

I presume Burnleys offer of 250K and 10% of future sell on, and Brentfords £300K and 100K of add-ons for Tarky have been totally dismissed ? If thats all teams are prepared to offer surely we are better off keeping him and trying to build a team around him, any news on whether he will sign the new contract offered to him yet ? My view is that he is under contract for 18 months keep him and if he feels strongly about moving on look at it in the summer.

They "meet the clubs valuation" apparently

If the club dont value the player at 500K+ we are in trouble, looks to me as if they are trying to move him on which is a little worrying, If they feel they have a replacement in Lockwood we are in big trouble good squad player but not in the same league im afraid, on the back of losing Mills and Lanzoni letting Tarky go on the cheap would be criminal and for me would leave us exposed.

I can see a deadline day fee/swap deap with Burnley, with Joe Mills coming our way plus a bit of money

Tarky seems pretty down to earth and very happy with his family close. I think given the choice he'd rather stay local and go to Burnley than down to Brentford. Plus I think a deal that brings Mills back permanently is better for us. If we did that deal though I'd imagine the fee would be much lower but I'd rather we took a smaller fee and got a good player likes Mills in.

We've got a new long term contract for the manager to pay for, a new stand to pay for, no doubt a payoff for Rooney as well - Corney will be happy to sell any player who we can get money for.

I didn't think we had to pay Rooney off. Thought it was we'd basically sold him for nout and Aberdeen had paid up his contract. I could well be wrong mind you

I didn't think we had to pay Rooney off. Thought it was we'd basically sold him for nout and Aberdeen had paid up his contract. I could well be wrong mind you

Who knows, would be surprised if it was as simple as that though.

If he didn't ask for a transfer then he might be looking at a loyalty payment, relocation costs etc.

I can see a deadline day fee/swap deap with Burnley, with Joe Mills coming our way plus a bit of money

Tarky seems pretty down to earth and very happy with his family close. I think given the choice he'd rather stay local and go to Burnley than down to Brentford. Plus I think a deal that brings Mills back permanently is better for us. If we did that deal though I'd imagine the fee would be much lower but I'd rather we took a smaller fee and got a good player likes Mills in.

Sell Tarky for 400k, get Mills and tarky back on loan until end of season. Then make Mills permanent in summer when burnley dont want him.

Sell Tarky for 400k, get Mills and tarky back on loan until end of season. Then make Mills permanent in summer when burnley dont want him.

That would be just about acceptable to me as I rate Mills highly.

The OP bids from Burnley and Brentford better not be seen by the club as acceptable, or else they are really wasting an opportunity.

Football Manager has a lot to answer for.

I read about loyalty payments in something by an anonymous pro last week. It was staggering really, it seems as long as a player refrains from handing in a transfer request he's more often than not due one. You'd like to think in this instance, with Rooney being referred to repeatedly as a good pro, he's waive that right.

eI've always thaought that the apparently widely accepted notion that we always sell on the cheap to be complete nonsense and would point to Trotman, Eaves, Spencer & Philliskirk as examples but I really am staggered if reports that this sort of figure meet the club's valuation of the best prospect that we ave had in, what, 20 years? are true.

Some perspective - i think that is the sort of figure that we may have earned from the liverpool game - that's all he's worth?

We've got a new long term contract for the manager to pay for, a new stand to pay for, no doubt a payoff for Rooney as well - Corney will be happy to sell any player who we can get money for.

a payoff for rooney ? are you mad, he wanted out we didn.t force him, he got the same deal at aberdeen with a 2 year contract, thats a good reason for him to leave,

with tarky we should put it about that we won,t accept anything under say £750k and call their bluff, we could get the same offer in the summer as now, so why not hang on, tarky is a totally different proposition than taylor, he,s under 24 so we would get something from a tribunal if if went that far, its worth the gamble

a payoff for rooney ? are you mad, he wanted out we didn.t force him, he got the same deal at aberdeen with a 2 year contract, thats a good reason for him to leave,

with tarky we should put it about that we won,t accept anything under say £750k and call their bluff, we could get the same offer in the summer as now, so why not hang on, tarky is a totally different proposition than taylor, he,s under 24 so we would get something from a tribunal if if went that far, its worth the gamble

Not sure which part of that is the most bollocks, all just blends into one.

Surely the point is something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay? Tarky does not want to be at Latics anymore and fancies earning more elsewhere which is understandable I guess but equally we don't have to sell in a panic.

Frankly I have no interest in Tarky staying as he clearly wants to go so let's just get the best price and move on. It is a team game and at League 1 level especially it will be more about what LJ can do given time and reasonable backing which, in fairness, SC has done for every manager.

It will be interesting to see if he plays tonight