After The Lord Mayor's Show

A decent effort against a bigger, stronger, well organised side.

MacDonald found some good positions but wasn't quick enough or strong enough against their centre half. If only Clarke Harris could have been in those positions.

They had the beating of us without the play acting every time we built up a head of steam.

Not in the spirit of the game but I'm not sure what the ref could've done about it.

Most of it was wayward but - we're shooting!

We'll score some goals if we keep doing that.

We were fine in the main. They were excellent on the break. LJ should watch the video of how quickly they moved forwards and in numbers. Then get us to replicate it.

I thought JCH, who often irritates me with his attempts to con a free kick out of the ref, should have had a penalty.

Also, the off the ball stuff after Harkins went down ended up with a free kick to them. Yet the Wolves player pushed first. So (recalling Gregan v Millwall) we should have had a penalty for that.

The ref? Clueless throughout.

Agree with you there, sounds daft but that was a 0-0 but they scored 3. Even contest, we matched them in pretty much every department but they scored from two shots where it looked to me that Oxley was unsighted and I'm not bothered about the 3rd, game had gone and it was a bit of a freak.

They had two good centre backs and they kept us out, plus one of their centre backs had black boots on so that is ok by me. Sadly he was the one who did the 2nd tactical head injury.

Peterboro and Wolves are two of the better sides in the division and we have beaten one and given the other a good run for their money this week, bodes well for next season.

Thought 3-0 was harsh but we didn't deserve anything from game ,why do we let Dayton take corners he never clears the man on the front post we scored 2 from corners on Saturday when he wasn't on the pitch

Dayton needs some time on the bench. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting lineup right now.

A decent effort against a bigger, stronger, well organised side.

MacDonald found some good positions but wasn't quick enough or strong enough against their centre half. If only Clarke Harris could have been in those positions.

They had the beating of us without the play acting every time we built up a head of steam.

Not in the spirit of the game but I'm not sure what the ref could've done about it.

Most of it was wayward but - we're shooting!

We'll score some goals if we keep doing that.

Wolves pay more to one player in a week than we do to our entire squad.

With that said, I thought we had some very promising passages of play with the speed of Wolves back four their only saving grace at times.

If we play like that we will score against 22 of the clubs in this league.

It's a shame we played Wolves straight after Saturdays performance, let's hope we can keep the heads up into Saturday.

Edit: another fantastic performance from Salisbury...

Edited by blueatheart

Latics looked half decent. Wolves looked decent.

We weren't clinical enough. They were, kind of.

They have better quality players and the money to buy and keep them. We don't.

That was the difference tonight.

3 points out of Peterborough and Wolves isn't a bad haul though, better than I was expecting.

For all their guile, they were just a far better side, came away and did a job. We huffed and puffed without really having the quality in the final third to break them down. They looked dangerous every time they attacked and it wasn't really a suprise when they got the second (wasn't there for the third).

On another day, we might've got luckier with the bounces around the box but they showed why they'll be right up there come May.

Edited by longtimeblue

Decent enough showing, lots of huff and puff but difference in quality and composure in the final third won them the game, McDonald as good a midfielder as you will see in this league.

Said it plenty of times but I'm very worried if this is our strike force between now and May, we shall see what happens.

The distribution towards the strikers can be really poor. Too often, instead of playing it through the midfield, the ball will be lumped upfield in a complete hit-and-hope. No doubts we were up against a quality side tonight, but we don't make it easy for ourselves.

Thought they were well organised. Two decent centre halfs, the number 19 who just sat infront of the back 4 all night pickibg up all the loose ends. The two rapid lads upfront were good, pace alone will guarantee you a good few points a season.

It was a professional away performance from them without looking outstanding.

Onto us: we weren't at our best. I thought tarky had a decent game. Grounds for me is now a CB im not comfortable with him at LB (mills please). Smith and wes kept us ticking over. Dayton im not keen on, proper :censored:house of a modern footballer. Harkins showed some nice touches but gave the ball away just as often as he did something decent. Clark-Harris needs a break IMO spends far to much time on his arse looking for a free kick and MacDonald puts a shift in but doesn't look like scoring.

Think we need a striker and a LB in before the deadline and Petrasso back if QPR dont want to use him.

Dayton needs some time on the bench. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting lineup right now.

I agree and I'm very much pro Dayton. Shame he got injured when he hit abit of a purple patch earlier in the season, he hasn't been able to replicate that form since.

On Dayton. Agreed. Doesn't track back. Doesn't put a tackle in. Waste of a position at the moment. Not hungry enough for me. Needs a rocket up his backside.

He didnt allow C Brown to get forward enough to put the crosses in that he couldnt do, because he didnt track back

Frustratingly the chances we had fell to an out of form Dayton, then again, even if they fell to any other of our players I doubt they would've gone in - we don't have an instinctive finisher. It's critical we've signed a striker come the start of February.

Our biggest loss of the season but definitely not the worst performance although we were quite sloppy with possession in patches. We persistently threatened them but lacked the bite to convert attacks to goals.

The defending for McDonald's goal was poor. 4 players attracted to the man on the ball and none protecting the edge of the box.

LJ could do with telling Korey Smith to have a dig when he has the chance, Grounds to stop playing those high diagonals onto the centre-halfs head and Harkins to stop dwelling on it for so long.

On to a very tough game at Swindon. We'd do well to get a draw but 3 points from Wolves, Peterborough and Swindon in consecutive matches was more than I expected.