james dayton

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you look back to the start of the season I was confident with the players Jonson had got in an thought we,ll carry on the good form from the end of last season.

by Xmas I was thinking the only two that were decent were smith an j ch

by feb even those two are average if we're honest.

we're told by other fans on owtb to not worry as we're building for next season when we,ll really push on an lj will go on to bigger things in the near future an were lucky to have him?

I don't think we've got out of the bottom half all season an worryingly in the games I've not seen I'm told on here were playing well but losing.

an to put the icing on the cake we rewarded him a contract till the summer of 2018 ( yes 2018)

singling Dayton out we were lied to when we signed him a massive disappointment up there with Rooney

sorry in advance what a :censored: day I've had

when you look back to the start of the season I was confident with the players Jonson had got in an thought we,ll carry on the good form from the end of last season.

we're told by other fans on owtb to not worry as we're building for next season when we,ll really push on an lj will go on to bigger things in the near future an were lucky to have him?

I don't think we've got out of the bottom half all season an worryingly in the games I've not seen I'm told on here were playing well but losing.

an to put the icing on the cake we rewarded him a contract till the summer of 2018 ( yes 2018)

singling Dayton out we were lied to when we signed him a massive disappointment up there with Rooney

The stuff about Johnson being destined for bigger things is tosh in my opinion. Not because he won't, just because there's nothing to base the assumption on. Said it before, but there are so many comparisons with Dickov's start (in terms of the hype). I was positive going into Dickov's second season, based on 4 or 5 months of the best football we'd seen for a fair few years. A couple of games aside this year, we've been pretty poor. As it stands, the end of the season can't come soon enough and I can't see myself being over optimistic about the one after.

Not an anti-Johnson post because this season' s a write off and he'll get through it with no questions really. Just as much as I think the overdoing it with the praise is unjustified, there's nothing to say it won't get better. He'll hopefully learn from his first season and as long as there's an improvement next year, that'll be enough.

Whichever I look at it though, the contract extension still baffles me.

What lies were we told?

Absolutely none

In the same way we were never "promised free flowing attacking football" just one of those daft owtb assumptions.

Back on topic I think Dayton has been disappointing not because he's a "lightweight" but because he hasn't contributed with enough goals and assists and hasn't influenced enough games which is what you want your wingers to do.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Yes 2018. A really good move in my opinion but I have never believed that LJ is guaranteed to go on to great things BUT he might do! Lied to-get over yourself.

LJ brought in Sidney who had great potential, Lanzoni who is one of the best footballers we have seen for ages at BP, But wanted to move down south and Kusinga who is a really good centre half but prone to a rush a blood and is perhaps injury prone. Sorry we and more importantly LJ did not have a crystal ball! KTF

Absolutely none

In the same way we were never "promised free flowing attacking football" just one of those daft owtb assumptions.

Back on topic I think Dayton has been disappointing not because he's a "lightweight" but because he hasn't contributed with enough goals and assists and hasn't influenced enough games which is what you want your wingers to do.

Maybe not a promise of free flowing attacking football, but there was enough noise made in the summer suggesting better than what we have seen.

there is a saying - bull:censored: baffles brains in dickov and LJ it appears weve managed to find two of the main exponents.

So you are now reduced to coming up with 'quotes?' Such a method of reasoning does not give credibility to any of your arguments, it merely highlights your lack of command of the English language and an inability to put forward a valid line of discussion. You believe what you want to believe, that is your right, but don't expect anybody who has watched Latics over recent seasons to put Dickov and LJ in the same bracket! KTF!

cast your mind back to when we signed him, turned down 3 year contract with spl club

manager quoted as saying eng manager should take a look

arrives at latics looking like a real coup for us

complete flop so far so yeah we've been lied too

Your definition of a lie seems to be somewhat different to that of most other people! Are you honestly telling me that you didn't rate Lanzoni at all?

cast your mind back to when we signed him, turned down 3 year contract with spl club

manager quoted as saying eng manager should take a look

arrives at latics looking like a real coup for us

complete flop so far so yeah we've been lied too

So your saying we should take an spl manager who you can't name and can't find the quote for seriously when he suggests he should be on the plane to Brazil this summer?

I hope you never get someone from A Nigerian call centre calling you up asking for your bank details.

But back to your main point Daytons been a disappointment overall. We've not been lied too.

i dont have to have a command of the english language to know a bull:censored:ter but time will tell on that front, i can say one thing though trying to find scapegoats within the squad for every mistake he makes wont go down well with the players dont see other managers running down their own players in the local rag day after day, but if thats his style let him crack on.

So your saying we should take an spl manager who you can't name and can't find the quote for seriously when he suggests he should be on the plane to Brazil this summer?

I hope you never get someone from A Nigerian call centre calling you up asking for your bank details.

But back to your main point Daytons been a disappointment overall. We've not been lied too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/scottish-premier/9967143/James-Dayton-should-play-for-England-says-Kilmarnock-manager-Kenny-Shiels-and-hes-not-joking.html

On current form he wouldn't catch the England C team.

Dayton has clearly got ability - for a start he can genuinely shoot with both feet which is surprisingly rare at this level. His touch until recently has been very good and the ability to put the ball through as he did for the early Charlie Mcdonald chance at Walsall (as well as hitting the post from distance) show that he should be much more effective at this level.

His crossing can frustrate, but he has delivered some excellent balls this year - many of which have gone unrewarded through no fault of his.

That said he is clearly lacking in confidence (massively important for a winger - more so than most positions) and has also been a victim of us becoming a little more direct. Earlier in the season, when we had two sitting midfielders with Philly in the hole, he was an essential outlet given his ability to bring in and retain the ball. Subtly we have become a little more direct and his game has suffered.

Throw in an injury, stick from the crowd and there are a number of reasons why he is lacking form and confidence. He needs some support - not being lambasted for being :censored:!!

Dayton has clearly got ability - for a start he can genuinely shoot with both feet which is surprisingly rare at this level. His touch until recently has been very good and the ability to put the ball through as he did for the early Charlie Mcdonald chance at Walsall (as well as hitting the post from distance) show that he should be much more effective at this level.

His crossing can frustrate, but he has delivered some excellent balls this year - many of which have gone unrewarded through no fault of his.

That said he is clearly lacking in confidence (massively important for a winger - more so than most positions) and has also been a victim of us becoming a little more direct. Earlier in the season, when we had two sitting midfielders with Philly in the hole, he was an essential outlet given his ability to bring in and retain the ball. Subtly we have become a little more direct and his game has suffered.

Throw in an injury, stick from the crowd and there are a number of reasons why he is lacking form and confidence. He needs some support - not being lambasted for being :censored:!!

But it's ok for the manager to publicly slate Schmelz when he was here, Kusunga and Clarke-Harris?

There's a school of thought such things should be kept in the dressing room, others may say he's being refreshingly honest.

Edited by BP1960

Kasunga deserved his dressing down on Saturday as an experienced professional who let his teammates down at a crucial time. It is a fair bet that there was more to the SS situation than merely footballing reasons (as a failed loan move elsewhere would also suggest) and he has handled JCH pretty well (albeit like many I hoped he would have kicked on a little more than he has this season)

Dayton had been removed from the firing line due to his current form but he is a player who has earned the trust of his manager. This is unsurprising as he has always shown tactical discipline in the games I have seen and is a technically decent footballer. If LJ has criticised his current performance (which would be justified) then I trust the manager thinks that is the best way to challenge a player he knows well.