Please Forgive Me

Yeah because all the players or journeyman league players we gave signed over the last 20 years have really moved the club forward.

I'd much rather sign players with a point to prove. Let's not get either to excited or underwhelmed by any signing until we see how they play on the pitch. Because that's what matters, when Rooney signed most of us myself included got really excited club had worked wonders to sign him and that's not worked out as we all wanted.

Yeah because all the players or journeyman league players we gave signed over the last 20 years have really moved the club forward.

I'd much rather sign players with a point to prove. Let's not get either to excited or underwhelmed by any signing until we see how they play on the pitch. Because that's what matters, when Rooney signed most of us myself included got really excited club had worked wonders to sign him and that's not worked out as we all wanted.

agreed!!

I don't know, I'm still hoping LJ can pull some strings and resign Jon Worthington.

But i most certainly am not reaching for my under carriage to stroke one out at the signing of 2 players from Non League football....

Surely today will improve?????

I'm certainly not going to get "over excited" about any player. League or non league. Afterall, it could go all Tom Taiwo.

If we'd signed Dan Mcguire and Lee Gregory everyone would be buzzing. Just because noone has really heard of these two doesn't mean they're :censored: players. Granted, we can't exactly get excited about them because noone really knows what they're like. But because we don't know what they're like we shouldn't be jumping on their backs and getting all pissy about us signing ':censored:' players.

If you want exciting signings on deadline day go support a premier league club with loads of money. We're Oldham, this is our level

Apart from Lee Hughes, John Sheridan and Baxter I can't remember the last time I had heard of a player we had signed let alone know if they are any good or not. How many of us had any knowledge of Korey Smith before his first game for us? Wes? or Furman?

Kuqi, Rooney, Dayton.

Apart from Lee Hughes, John Sheridan and Baxter I can't remember the last time I had heard of a player we had signed let alone know if they are any good or not. How many of us had any knowledge of Korey Smith before his first game for us? Wes? or Furman?

To be fair we've had as many flops as decent signings we've never heard of in recent times. Likewise we've had the Michael Ricketts of this world also. I am one of those odd balls that continually bury my head in the sand and think this week we might just win and some how reality gives me a swerve where Latics are concerned.

We've been tinkering with League Two for years now yet next season I some how convince myself we'll fall onto a good side. This lad is young with some potential. He may turn out to be good or not. Time will tell.

The current squad, including the two signings, is good enough to improve on our position. At least this is what I think LJ thinks. A defender with a left foot would help if/when Tarky goes but LJ might wait until after the transfer window closes to make any short term stop gap signings. I still hope that if someone can get inside Mellor's head there is a good left back waiting to get out.

This type of thread never ceases to amaze me, If you would like to buy a Bentley but can only afford a Corsa, most sensible people would visit their local Vauxhall dealership. Why then do lots on here think that we are anything other than a lower league club with a very poor fan base, and are skint. We are signing players that we can afford, to do otherwise would be financial suicide.

Edited by 100milesaway

Peterborough got Maclean and Mackail Smith from non league didnt they? Like people have said I would much rather have a YOUNG non leaguer desperate to make their name in the game than someone who already has and feels they are stepping down a level and will be a world beater.

Happy with this one, lots of promise. People just need to be a bit patient and see that it takes a bit of time to build a a team that will be at the right end of the table.

With a lower budget its a much longer process!