is today the most. ridiculous owtb meltdown ever?

Is today the most ridiculous owtb meltdown ever?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Is today the most ridiculous owtb meltdown ever?

• Yes
    • No

brilliant post this - i will be voting ohhhhh yesh!! no matter wot - i am ltid - think lj is the most proactive manager we've had since jr - glad he signed that contract - and let's just see eh? regardless i go to bp - get excited when i see the floodlights on the way there, get in there, have a swifty and shout me fakkin head of for 90 mins 0 i can't do it anywhere else without gettin arrested - i love this club and always will do - will back everyone that wears the blue of owdum - just one negative at BP - the fkin bastard stewards who are spoiling me fun!

brilliant post this - i will be voting ohhhhh yesh!! no matter wot - i am ltid - think lj is the most proactive manager we've had since jr - glad he signed that contract - and let's just see eh? regardless i go to bp - get excited when i see the floodlights on the way there, get in there, have a swifty and shout me fakkin head of for 90 mins 0 i can't do it anywhere else without gettin arrested - i love this club and always will do - will back everyone that wears the blue of owdum - just one negative at BP - the fkin bastard stewards who are spoiling me fun!

If you are the bloke with the Mohican in the RRE we will help you with those fe--ing stewards, just lead us and we will follow!

It's football..it's only a game played between two teams of eleven, once, maybe twice a week.

Sometimes it is a sublime thing to watch, sometimes it is utter :censored:e.

The thing is, once upon a time, a fan went to the matches and read about his chosen team's 'comings and goings' in the daily rag..maybe he wasn't happy, maybe he had a moan at the wife, or the cat/dog/budgie, maybe he threw the paper in the bin with disgust..but then, as tradition dictates, he went to the next match with hope and expectation.

The thing is that now, all this Internet, 'Twatter' and Forum-stuff..brilliant as it may be..also gives us too much information to play with, most of it unsubstantiated clap-trap that leads to wild surmising about what is actually going on within a club, when in reality, we actually know toss-all. Having nearly left this mortal-coil, some two and a half months ago, I actually have worse things to get upset about than which player comes or goes. I don't run the club, I don't manage the team, I don't coach the players..I just support them, unconditionally and without any right to know the inside-outs of every minutiae that goes into the running and upkeep of the club itself.

They are in the bottom half of Division Three (no matter how it is dressed-up to be League One), they are a small-town club, with a small-town attendance and they have no money to splash about. They are Oldham Athletic and I am a fan. If I don't like what they do, I could quite easily go and watch another team..but that is never going to happen.

All this anger and angst.
It's just a game.

It's football..it's only a game played between two teams of eleven, once, maybe twice a week.

The thing is, once upon a time, a fan went to the matches and read about his chosen team's 'comings and goings' in the daily rag..maybe he wasn't happy, maybe he had a moan at the wife, or the cat/dog/budgie, maybe he threw the paper in the bin with disgust..but then, as tradition dictates, he went to the next match with hope and expectation.

The thing is that now, all this Internet, 'Twatter' and Forum-stuff..brilliant as it may be..also gives us too much information to play with, most of it unsubstantiated clap-trap that leads to wild surmising about what is actually going on within a club, when in reality, we actually know toss-all. Having nearly left this mortal-coil, some two and a half months ago, I actually have worse things to get upset about than which player comes or goes. I don't run the club, I don't manage the team, I don't coach the players..I just support them, unconditionally and without any right to know the inside-outs of every minutiae that goes into the running and upkeep of the club itself.

They are in the bottom half of Division Three (no matter how it is dressed-up to be League One), they are a small-town club, with a small-town attendance and they have no money to splash about. They are Oldham Athletic and I am a fan. If I don't like what they do, I could quite easily go and watch another team..but that is never going to happen.

It's just a game.

Edited by 100milesaway

How about when the proposed move to Failsworth was announced?

Or when Baxter left.

Or when we appointed LJ.

Or when Dickov lost at Walsall.

Sack it, today will do.

When Corporal Jones left :cry:

All true, but this is the most ridiculous. Even when LJ was appointed, there were understandable concern at "who"? (Still might be, bur plenty of signs not)

Its like a Kindergaten on here, in parts.

It's just a game.

100% this

It's just a game.

Great post that and pretty much echos where I am.

OWTB used to be a great forum, but sadly it's gone the same way as the OAFC and JKL forums before it, so I'm only am occasional visitor these days. I've actually been a much happier supporter for my self imposed absence from OWTB as I'm nowhere near as angry and wound up as I used to be.

You should try it.

Great post that and pretty much echos where I am.

OWTB used to be a great forum, but sadly it's gone the same way as the OAFC and JKL forums before it, so I'm only am occasional visitor these days. I've actually been a much happier supporter for my self imposed absence from OWTB as I'm nowhere near as angry and wound up as I used to be.

You should try it.

JKL, OAFC, Twitter, Facebook and this place are merely blank pieces of paper for which to write on, the constant value present throughout is the human - or rather their determination to reduce anything they touch to complete :censored:.