Whilst an idiot off the pitch Jermaine Pennant is a free agent & reportedly in talks with Forest Green. Surely he would add quality to the side on a short term deal!!!

Pahaha! Aside from Yeovil I can't think of a more rural place to play football!

But despite the lack of nightlife (except for owls) at least there's plenty of country lanes and lamp posts for him to wrap his car around.

I've spent a few lunchtimes in Eccles and it's what I imagine a post-apocalyptic Britain will look like. One of the few places that gives Oldham a run for its money.

:censored: that I see your Oldham and Eccles, and raise you Stockton and Middlesborough. Plus I'll throw in Sunderland too. All far worse than Oldham could ever be.

Until the place by my old flat was built I'd throw in Durham too, home to the worse nightclub in Europe.

Stroud has some decent country pubs nearby, not sure I'd fancy the town centre it on a Friday night though.

Edited by rudemedic

:censored: that I see your Oldham and Eccles, and raise you Stockton and Middlesborough. Plus I'll throw in Sunderland too. All far worse than Oldham could ever be.

Until the place by my old flat was built I'd throw in Durham too, home to the worse nightclub in Europe.

Stroud has some decent country pubs nearby, not sure I'd fancy the town centre it on a Friday night though.

Stockton is like a night out in purgatory!